• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FuryNSX controversy NSX

Zanardi 0

Suspended
When I first heard that FuryNSX get a make over with parts like Taitec front end, CF hood, Vinny's side skirts. I'm thinking he's going MAD!!!!! But now, that I've seen the car in person, I say is a stoke of genius. I tell you!

Nzo-Who NSX make over coming SOON! :D

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 3,340
Last edited:
NZO-WHO -- You just spoiled the May Wallpaper!!! :D :D :D

Randy has superb taste in all areas of life: house, cars, .... wallpapers... :rolleyes:

Don't go too crazy Randy... it was already perfect IMHO.

Yes nzo-who, I have gone mad!!! I've gone off the deep end. There's no turning back!!!!

Hmm, all I need now is to figure out what I'm gonna do next. Double-J, maybe not a 18/19inch setup yet, but I am thinking about a "new hood". :D (You better keep an eye on your car!! ;))

Aaron,
I can't wait to see your makeover too!!! It's gonna look so cool!!! Prime Drive 2004 is setting up to be great!! So much stuff to look forward to!!!

-Randy

BTW, some of the key items that have been changed/modified during the recent fixes:

1) OEM style carbon fiber hood (with a portion of it painted)
2) Taitec S-TAI front bumber (with added mesh)
3) Repainted front side fenders, headlights, Vinny MH replica skirts, and DreamzSport wing
4) Application of 3M Clear Bra

A few observations:

1) The S-TAI front bumber is LOW!!! It comes down about an inch lower than my previous Wings West front spoiler. Also, the lower portion comes pretty much straight down from the bumper AND juts forward. (Most driveways don't look too promising. :()
2) There are some fit issues with the S-TAI piece. In particular, the edge that meets the front of the hood is a bit off. My body shop had to play with it considerably to get it to look half decent. Before these pics were taken, the driver's side right next to the headlight cover was grossly misaligned, about a quarter of an inch off.
3) Overall surface finish of the S-TAI piece was very good. My body shop did not experience any problems.
4) Mesh was not included. It really should have been. That opening is HUGE!!!
5) Initial impressions is that it is longer than the OEM nose piece. Without taking measurements yet, I can't verify that. But visually, it does look longer.
6) I applied a clear bra to the front end of the car. While it does bother me somewhat that I can see the seam and there is some minor surface reflection distortion, I like the idea that a considerable chunck of the front end is protected from minor pebble damage which I was experiencing with my previous front end.

-Randy

I think I would have painted the entire CF hood....the paint is so nicely done the CF throws it off IMO. But it probably looks different in person

Still an awesome car

satan_srv said:
I think I would have painted the entire CF hood....the paint is so nicely done the CF throws it off IMO. But it probably looks different in person

Still an awesome car

I had the pleasure to see Randy's car in person and must say that the Hood is a bad ass.........

I think it's a must see thing. Much better in person. :D

Kenny

*dreamy sigh*
I know they aren't new, but those rims are sooooooooo sexy. So sexy they should have an R18+ rating on them.

Randy Rockz

Nice bumper!!
Is it as deep as the stock bumper? By that i mean, it looks like the front sticks out further than the on the stock bumper.
Not a negative comment because i do like it but was just wondering because i have a steep driveway and a longer front end on my car would kill me on driveways.

Thanks

deedubb said:
Nice bumper!!
Is it as deep as the stock bumper? By that i mean, it looks like the front sticks out further than the on the stock bumper.
Not a negative comment because i do like it but was just wondering because i have a steep driveway and a longer front end on my car would kill me on driveways.

Thanks
Yes, the nose has a more aggressive stance. It comes down an inch deeper than my previous Wings West spoiler, plus it comes forward. I definitely cannot navigate driveways and speedbumps that I could make before. Ahhh, the price you pay. :)

-Randy

Back