• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD 'street tire' car build...

yup, you are correct.. it is a 4 point rear strut tower brace... connects side-to-side & front-to-back...

n

I'm not familiar with this piece - where does it go and what improvement does it provide over OEM? It looks like a rear strut bar on the mounts but the rest of it.. :confused:

stmpo_rstb2.jpg

http://www.stmpo.com/product.php?productid=16162&cat=250&page=1

Regards

Last edited:
Its getting there Nilly! Just need to bolt up the turbo and finish up the exhaust side.

nsx_gt35r.jpg

the stmpo NSX turbo Y pipe & custom twin scroll gt35r garrett turbo....

Here are some pics of how the car sits... side skirts, front lip missing & it still on lift.. so it will look alil bit more aggressive than this when done... but this gives u a good idea of how the car looks....

nsx_tease1.jpg

nsx_tease2.jpg

nsx_tease3.jpg

Dana at virtual works is finishing up some of the final stuff for the car... once that is done its time to break in the motor... off boost.. ugh...

n

Ok, day one of tuning the NSX on low boost is done and Im super happy with everything so far.

nsx_dyno1.jpg

Jon Kuroyama, head of R&D at HKS flew out to tune the car... needless to say, he knows his stuff. How many tuners have you seen tune a car non-stop (didnt even turn off motor) for 3-4 hours straight... adn using head phones to amplify knock sounds... The HKS Fcon Vpro will be completely set up once he go over it again tomorrow on hi-boost.

No problems what so ever with the car on the dyno, ran flawlessly....

nsx_dyno_jon.jpg

Here is a lil' teaser video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU3wSvdcvj0

Some pics of car cleaned up after dyno session...

nsx_dyno2.jpg

nsx_dyno3.jpg

Day 2 We ran off wastegate alone, spring only held 14psi and then tapered off to 11psi... Still managed to put down 470whp on a low reading mustang Dyno... On the street car feels like a solid 520 car... Spins tires in 3rd gear... Full boost at 4200rpms.. So I'm super happy with the setup, incredibly responsive & alot of fun to drive!!

Nice build !!! What do you think of the FCON V Pro as far as driveability ?

thx!

it drives like OEM... puuurrrfect!

btw - Brian on here tuned his car same day with same results as me... went to a different dyno & the car layed down 540rwhp at 14psi..... these fxmd setups are solid!! Fez did an amazing job!

thx!

it drives like OEM... puuurrrfect!

btw - Brian on here tuned his car same day with same results as me... went to a different dyno & the car layed down 540rwhp at 14psi..... these fxmd setups are solid!! Fez did an amazing job!

Yeah that tune dyno we used on the first day was bunk. The second dyno we tested my car on was better and I got around 540 whp at 14 psi. Your car should be putting down more since you are running E85. But I should be getting my new injectors soon and John will be coming back out for a retune so I should get back to the 16-18 psi I was at before and get back to my near 600whp I had before. I can't let you beat me. :biggrin::tongue:

Yeah that tune dyno we used on the first day was bunk. The second dyno we tested my car on was better and I got around 540 whp at 14 psi. Your car should be putting down more since you are running E85. But I should be getting my new injectors soon and John will be coming back out for a retune so I should get back to the 16-18 psi I was at before and get back to my near 600whp I had before. I can't let you beat me. :biggrin::tongue:

hahahaha.... u already beat me.. ur car is sick!!

Full interior install coming up including recaro seats, ti dave harness bar, schroth 6point harness, HKS CAMP2 system inside a nav pod, Chasecam in-car video system.... im excited.

CCW 18x9 front & 18x10 rears with Nitto NT01 tires...

will update soon :)

Full interior install coming up including recaro seats, ti dave harness bar, schroth 6point harness, HKS CAMP2 system inside a nav pod, Chasecam in-car video system.... im excited.

CCW 18x9 front & 18x10 rears with Nitto NT01 tires...

will update soon :)

wow,what size front tire you be puttin on a 9 inch wheel:eek:

wow,what size front tire you be puttin on a 9 inch wheel:eek:

John at Complete Custom Wheels says I should be able to fit a 235 series 18" tire with some fender rolling..... what u guys think?

thx,
n

well the last person to ask about fender rolling on the nsx got the usual "you cuckoo" response.I'm not up on the whole micromeasuring the aggresive tire/wheel fitment thing, I'm a 215 guy for the street and a 235 guy for the track but it rubs..maybe you should start a new thread in tire and wheell about your specific issue,you will get more action.

Sounds mean! Cant wait to see her on a track where she can stretch her legs:)

Data Log test for NSX on the street.... HKS Fcon Vpro datalog courtesy Jon Kuroyama...

30-50mph-1.7 sec
30-60mph-2.1 sec
30-100mph-5.8 sec (1 shift)
30-116mph-7.35 sec (1 shift)

not bad for 11.9psi!

Attachments

• 180447_191765950849895_100000494753557_719594_2652030_n.jpg
    180447_191765950849895_100000494753557_719594_2652030_n.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 114
Damm, looks great Nils, can't wait to see how it runs with the emergency brake off :tongue:

hahah... ironically with the big brembo brakes I have no hand brake on car.. ouch!!

LOL...You and the car look good Nils. Looking forward to seeing it run in person at SM in May.

hahah... ironically with the big brembo brakes I have no hand brake on car.. ouch!!

Back