• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FYI....I raced a Porsche "Turbo S" tonight

Z-18 you originally posted :

"Which 'spirited drive' are your refering to? I really don't mean to sound defensive, and the 996tt owner really enjoyed talking with you aftewards, but in the first 'spirited drive' the 996tt was not ready (you were probably half to a full car length ahead before the 996tt driver punched it), and in the second, the 996tt driver let off the gas into the first turn, letting you get into your powerband, and then you and he were fairly neck and neck until you almost lost it on the top of the hill/corner when your suspension unloaded (the 996tt driver remembers specifically looking to his direct left when this occured), at which point both parties wisely backed off.

It's not big deal, and your car truly kicks ass, but I did want to clear this up. The 996tt owner has tested his car vs. another NSX with the same set up and from a stop and in a straight line pulled several car lengths ahead of him."

I don't want to sound offensive, or defensive for that matter, but I think your versions of the first and second "spirited drive" may be little off. As you must know B.M. (say hi next time you see him), clarify the accuracy of your post. I can assure you they are not correct.

No big fuss, and maybe this is why people don't like these type of posts (he said, she said crap), but I do want to correct it. And yes, had I not been there to do this myself, I would think the same as Allan, "very skepticle...not happen." I was probably more surprised than B.M. was.

I'm telling you, those HID's really work!!

Please do say hi to B.M. though.

[obliviate that poor nsx. just the computer package for 3,000 adds 90hp![/B][/QUOTE]

Allan , what computer package ads 90hp for
the 996tt? The X50 package gives the 02/03
996TT's the GT2HP and body mods if you put up the extra $$$. 90hp would give the car
510hp-515hp, That option is not on the build sheet that was just in front of me last week.
Hell why buy the GT2 if you can exceed the HP
of it for 3k, Not for the ceramics,or the wing, I hope that is not a after market program. If so, let me know who has done it
and how I can make an appointment.
I don't know who was doing the testing for the Comptech car, but I was just at the tune
up for a NOPI event here in St. Louis and
a 6lb comptech car just ran a 12.6 on street
tires. So your numbers are right on the money
there. I have to tell you that I am a Porsche nut, love em all. But the Blown NSX
is sweet as well. Those of us that have them
know that they are deceptively very QUICK.
I think that is what is throwing everyone for a loop. The quickness is just so so unbelievable. I would love to have that
Lambo in my Garage as well.
Peace.
Len

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 10 August 2002).]

the computer is a sport motronic dme and an airfilter from germany. you can also add exhaust, and then turbos for a total of 540hp for 12,000. contact me offline and ill let you know the specifics.
i too like the nsx but when you hear these stories of blowing away 996tt's off the line coming from behind, it makes me laugh. also, comparing a completely modified car to a bone stock one is also not really fair. lets face it, even though the nsx is less expensive than the porsche, its still close to 90,000 and i believe the porsche is 112,000 sticker, the performance the porsche offers is worth the cash difference.
the displacement figures on the porsche, and the nsx are not that far apart and look what the modified porsche ran, and what the nsx ran, worlds apart.
truth of the matter is, you spend a ton of money on the nsx to make it run with the big dogs, and it falls short. id be very upset if i spent 150,000 on my nsx and a bone stock 50,000 z06 beat me.

I will indeed say hi to him
smile.gif

And you're right, it is silly to do the 'he said, she said' bit, but I AM telling the truth: the 996tt driver did NOT take the NSX seriously until he realized it was supercharged, and he has significantly pulled on a similarly equipped NSX (same supercharger, etc.).

No worries, though. All awesome cars, was fun, and it certainly seems to be a faster setup than the Comptech, making it very tempting to put on the Zanardi.

-Z18

ps. not that I'd ever condone any such thing, but perhaps he'd be interested in a re-match?
smile.gif

Z-18,

It seemed to me that B.M. had a Zanardi NSX also, might you be this master of all time space and the elements, Mr. B.M?

As with most owners here, I do not support street racing....unless done it is done in a safe manner. Which begs the question: How can you safely street race? I think the answer is you can not. Especially with drivers like me (you know how well/bad I handle turns).

I would however, be interested in trying my car at the track. I know B.M. offered up some advice and his phone number if I was up for some track time. I would definitely be interested in that! I'm sure a few San Diego NSX owners would be up for that as well; perhaps some Porsche owners too. I've got my Gran-Tourismo game down, maybe I should try the real thing. Now that I think about it maybe I shouldn't.

What do you think?

Originally posted by ALLAN:
the computer is a sport motronic dme and an airfilter from germany. you can also add exhaust, and then turbos for a total of 540hp for 12,000. contact me offline and ill let you know the specifics.
i too like the nsx but when you hear these stories of blowing away 996tt's off the line coming from behind, it makes me laugh. also, comparing a completely modified car to a bone stock one is also not really fair. lets face it, even though the nsx is less expensive than the porsche, its still close to 90,000 and i believe the porsche is 112,000 sticker, the performance the porsche offers is worth the cash difference.
the displacement figures on the porsche, and the nsx are not that far apart and look what the modified porsche ran, and what the nsx ran, worlds apart.
truth of the matter is, you spend a ton of money on the nsx to make it run with the big dogs, and it falls short. id be very upset if i spent 150,000 on my nsx and a bone stock 50,000 z06 beat me.
Allan you are 200% right,that's why I will get the nsx just because it looks pretty good ,ect, otherwise I've got a toyota supra put some $15 grand in it and destroys a lot of porsches and ferraris,vipers,ect,ect,ect.

Allan you are 200% right,that's why I will get the nsx just because it looks pretty good ,ect, otherwise I've got a toyota supra put some $15 grand in it and destroys a lot of porsches and ferraris,vipers,ect,ect,ect.

Allan you are 200% right,that's why I will get the nsx just because it looks pretty good ,ect, otherwise I've got a toyota supra put some $15 grand in it and destroys a lot of porsches and ferraris,vipers,ect,ect,ect

truth of the matter is, you spend a ton of money on the nsx to make it run with the big dogs, and it falls short. id be very upset if i spent 150,000 on my nsx and a bone stock 50,000 z06 beat me
Allan you are 200% right,that's why I will get the nsx just because it looks pretty good ,ect, otherwise I've got a toyota supra put some $15 grand in it and destroys a lot of porsches and ferraris,vipers,ect,ect,ect

ran, worlds apart.
truth of the matter is, you spend a ton of money on the nsx to make it run with the big dogs, and it falls short. id be very upset if i spent 150,000 on my nsx and a bone stock 50,000 z06 beat me.[/B]

I dont mind hearing about the stories but I would not like to see a special forum devoted to them. I know what my 91TT is capable of and that is enough for me.

I think Al Pachino says it best... "Act small and they will never see you coming!"

Originally posted by TheSwishh:
I dont mind hearing about the stories but I would not like to see a special forum devoted to them. I know what my 91TT is capable of and that is enough for me.

I think Al Pachino says it best... "Act small and they will never see you coming!"

I think the stories are fun, and it's always interesting to compare cars with each other. Heck, that's why we buy magazines like Road & Track -- to see how these cars fare against each other... what their plusses and minuses are.

If there's anything I've learned after having driven quite a few exotics is that they almost all have something uniquely compelling about them.

It only goes bad if people get 'religious' over one car or another, or intolerant of different perspectives. The driver of the SC NSX might have a different recollection than the driver of the 996tt, but so what? They had a great talk afterwards and both love cars -- and that's what it's truly all about.

-Z18

if you took the 150,000 that they quote for that comptech nsx, bought a brand new porsche 996 tt, for 120,000 and put 30,000 into it, it would obliviate that poor nsx.

I think you mean "obliterate"...

Back