• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

General Contractor for bathroom redo in SF?

Does anyone have personal experience or information for a general contractor for a bathroom redo for my place in San Francisco? Nothing really major. Install slate flooring, some drywall work to cover old walls, install new wall hung vanity, install new medicine cabinet, paint, etc.

Hal said he could do it but he wants to bring his bees with him. Ken said he could do it as well but wants to bring his girlfriend and have beer supplied from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. I think I'll pass on both of them.

Any help/recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Doug

Hal said he could do it but he wants to bring his bees with him.
ingrate. fine, bee that way.

here's a couple of quick ideas: note the 1st example might be a neat replacement for your hoveround, the 2nd is made-for-SF and the 3rd example is how i'll support you while you do the pre-install inspection.

congrats on getting off the pot on this one, it's gonna be great, doug!

Attachments

• dtrigg3.jpg
    dtrigg3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 33
  • dtrigg2.jpg
    dtrigg2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 46
  • dtrigg1.jpg
    dtrigg1.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 63
Thanks Hal. Really looking forward to getting that new walk-in bath.:tongue:

Are you feeling the love yet Doug? :biggrin:

I don't know a GC, per se, but I can give you a recommendation for a handyman... I'm not sure if he does tile, but he ought to be able to do the other items on your list.

-Brian

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for being so helpful. For some reason, I am not feeling the love. Thus far I have zero, nada, nothing in terms of recommendations. And to those of you who PM'ed me and suggested a "bathroom party" once the remodel is completed...:tongue: Now if I have to pick a general contractor on my own and it doesn't work out well, consider this fair warning...I will be coming to your house and using your bathroom. Remember Steve, I live just down the street from you.:biggrin:

Got a recommendation for you.
tim-toolman-taylor.jpg

After the remodel, you will have a man's bathroom like this:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnguL3DwPaM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnguL3DwPaM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Let me know when the remodel is completed. I'll come over to test the workmanship.:biggrin:

Got a recommendation for you.
tim-toolman-taylor.jpg

After the remodel, you will have a man's bathroom like this:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnguL3DwPaM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnguL3DwPaM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Let me know when the remodel is completed. I'll come over to test the workmanship.:biggrin:

Alan, you're not helping me feel to love. Funny because one of the walls in the new bathroom will be paneled with stainless steel. I've put you on the list of Primers that have volunteered to come over and test the finished product.:biggrin: Actually you've been to my place before so you could do a before and after review. P.S. I know where you live too.

Wow, get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Years ago I did a lot of work with Jim Gordon on the peninsula in Belmont. This was back when I was working in the trades. He is great at what contractors are supposed to be good at: scheduling, promptness, hard work, good subs, etc.

He was so great to work with that I hired him to do my kitchen, back when I had a kitchen that is.

HTH

Wow, get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Years ago I did a lot of work with Jim Gordon on the peninsula in Belmont. This was back when I was working in the trades. He is great at what contractors are supposed to be good at: scheduling, promptness, hard work, good subs, etc.

He was so great to work with that I hired him to do my kitchen, back when I had a kitchen that is.

HTH

Thanks Ken. So does Jim still work in the trade? Would he do work at my place? You know I have to do the kitchen after I finish the bathroom.

I think you should quit your job and get back in the trade.:biggrin: Got your first job here. You've seen my place.

I did some googling for you. I found this site that lists and rates contractors in your area.

I did some googling for you. I found this site that lists and rates contractors in your area.

Thanks Craig. That along with the walk-in tub and the safety bars should be all I need. Also purchased a new waterproof Medic Alert for the shower. On my wish list is a ramp that would take my Hoveround right up to the tub entrance.

:tongue::tongue:

Hello,
I am a G.C. and have done many Baths and Kitchens, unfortunately I live in the East bay, but if it is just those items mentioned, I could stand the commute for a while.

P. M. me

Alex
zylsta remodel 006.jpg

Back