• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Get your car transported to NSXPO

I was wondering who wants to goto NSXPO in CA but does not want to drive their car thousands of miles to get there. The reason I ask is because I contacted a transport company and arranged a deal with them that seems reasonable, $550 each way from Florida to San Francisco. ($1100 round trip)
My biggest fear about having my NSX transported is having the car damaged while it’s being pulled on and off the truck which probably happens several times on a cross country trip as it the truck loads and unloads cars to pick up and deliver. But the advantage about this deal is we would be renting the entire truck. As long as we can get 10 cars together for one load.
So here is an example of how it would work.
-10 people throughout Florida get together and agree to split the cost of a truck.
-We meet at a central location at a certain date and time. For example Orlando, FL.
-The cars are all loaded at one time (the truck will bring equipment to accommodate lowered cars)
-The cars are delivered to a location and on a date that we decide on.
-The car carrier remains in San Francisco with us, when the event is over we load the cars back on and plan on picking them up a few days latter at our original location in Florida. Also since the carrier stays with us, if there is anyone who needs to leave early the could simply load the car back on the carrier on whatever day they were leaving.
-We could also arrange for multiple pick up’s and drop off’s lets say 2 people live in North Florida 4 people live in central Florida and 4 live in South Florida. We could set it up so the truck starts in South Florida and makes it way north picking up cars along the way. We just have to set up where cars do not have to be shuffled around.

The reason I am posting this in the General forum and not the southeast forum is because this is a nation wide company and there may be other groups in other parts of the US that want to take advantage of this as well. The price for Florida is 550 per car each way I assume the closer you get to CA the less expensive the price gets.

We may be able to get a better price if we get a few different trucks loaded in different parts of the country or maybe someone else here has an affiliation with a transport company.

Lastly I have no affiliation with this Company but I can tell you they are licensed, bonded and insured and I did use them on a NSX that I purchased in Chicago and had transported to Florida.

Attachments

• truck.gif
    truck.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 432
I plan to transport my track car, as it does not have to be beautiful to be fast:D I would love to join in, but would have to bring my car down the weekend before the trip and leave it with someone (I will be checking the odometer!) as that is a hell of a long trip for me. Now if you make a pass through Atlanta, I am game.

nsxtasy said:
People might prefer a covered transporter than an open one. Just a thought...

I do not disagree, but the difference in price will more than pay for my plane ticket to California, and possibly the hotel.

Folks, we apologize for the delays in posting information on this. We are aware that you need to make plans.

One of our volunteers has put an Excel spread sheet of the various companies that he has researched. We hope to post the info soon both here and on our web page at www.nsxpo.com ..............

On behalf of the NSXPO 2003 Planning Committee

ncdogdoc said:
I do not disagree, but the difference in price will more than pay for my plane ticket to California, and possibly the hotel.

Okay... then whoever is looking into this might wish to find out the prices both ways, and then let those in any particular location decide which way they prefer.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, just trying to help the information-gathering process by raising questions that folks will probably be asking down the road (so to speak).

My NSX is a driver that I keep nice. It would be better protected on a car trailer, then if I drove it to the event. New car dealers use these trailers! My opinion is that double the price for a covered transport is overkill and money wasted. As for damage… most of the carriers have $1,000,000 coverage, divide that by 10 or 11 cars and you still have enough to cover your supercharger and wheels.

NSXG35 lets discuss group buys for the South East. I’m in.

Rob

I agree with RacerX, probably less road wear on the carrier than if you drove it cross country... One could also apply that temporary film (like contact paper) that protects the finish. I have used it often at the track.

NSXG35, I'm in. That's at least 2 in Atlanta. Possibly NCDOGDOC, also. So, load all the Fla cars in Orl, then the truck heads to Atl to pick up several more. We could have a full load by then! Please private me, I am the SE NSXCA rep and I can help coordinate for the benefit of all regional members... thanks for the lead. I have researched several carriers already, and this is the best price I've seen... We need to get these guys under contract.

I got the figures for the covered transport. It is $9600 each way and the covered transport only holds 6 cars. So if people want an open carrier it is 1100 round trip. If they want a covered carrier the cost is 3200 round trip. I also want to mention that there may be a better deal if we do some shopping around. I do not have allot of experience in shipping cars but I assume that there are several company’s that do this kind of thing so if we shop it around maybe we can get a better price.

In fact, myself and others have already talked to some other carriers from the SE, and the price you have currently, $1100 round trip, is the best I've seen so far...

the nsxnut said:
In fact, myself and others have already talked to some other carriers from the SE, and the price you have currently, $1100 round trip, is the best I've seen so far...

This is true. I recently had the task of pricing the shipping of my car to a shop out West and I was quoted a lot higher prices. THen again it may be because I wasn't doing a lot of cars at one time.

NSXG35 said:
I got the figures for the covered transport. It is $9600 each way and the covered transport only holds 6 cars. So if people want an open carrier it is 1100 round trip. If they want a covered carrier the cost is 3200 round trip. I also want to mention that there may be a better deal if we do some shopping around. I do not have allot of experience in shipping cars but I assume that there are several company’s that do this kind of thing so if we shop it around maybe we can get a better price.

Would you like to organize the South East hauling, or would you like someone else to take that responsibility?

I have talked with a few people who are ready to commit and fund this transport.

My number is –

Day-678-226-0283
Night-706-654-2270

Rob

Hey Rob, I've been in touch with NSXG35, and if he doesn't mind, I'll take the lead on putting this together...
WE NEED COMMITMENTS, PEOPLE! DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS DEAL, which is only possible if we can buy out the whole truck!

Right now:
from FLA: NSXG35, NSXRAY (Chin)
From GA: NSXNUT, RACERX 21
from NC: ncdogdoc

We need several more serious players to make this happen. I've also cross posted to the S-central (Texas), to see about picking up more cars in Dallas, if necessary.
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES, PLEASE PM ME TO GET ON THIS LIST.

Thanks!

Mark,

Do you have a contact list for local NSXr’s?

If not, we should develop one for this and future meet’s- like our dinners.

Maybe have every local NSXer E-mail you with an address for a regional E-mail posting.

People may not frequent here enough to capitalize on an opportunity… it would be nice to inform them direct.

Case in point; The Road Atlanta weekend and barbeque! I saw people at the race that didn’t know we were trying to contact them.

Yes, Rob, I do have a local data base... maybe those people didn't check their email! I will be contacting everybody...

Just got a quote for enclosed transportation one way from Milwaukee to San Rafael $1400. Ouch Would really like to go to NSXPO 03 but I think I will wait till next year or the year when it's in the Midwest.

Briank

Briank said:
Just got a quote for enclosed transportation one way from Milwaukee to San Rafael $1400. Ouch Would really like to go to NSXPO 03 but I think I will wait till next year or the year when it's in the Midwest.

Briank

I know it would be fun, but you don't have to take your car.

92NSX said:
I know it would be fun, but you don't have to take your car.

That's correct. And I must say, I think that that's probably the biggest misconception about NSXPO.

If you don't have your NSX with you at NSXPO, you can't drive in the track event. But that's really the only activity you will miss out on. You can still see all the cars, meet all the people, eat all the meals, and join in all the activities other than the track event. On the group drives and for getting from place to place, there is always an extra passenger seat available. Remember, 50-60 percent of the people who come to NSXPO do so by themselves, with an empty passenger seat, and almost all are happy to have some company when getting from place to place.

I have driven my NSX to four NSXPOs, and flown to two NSXPOs without my NSX. I have heartily enjoyed all of them - and I bet everyone here would, too, with or without your car.

Back