• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

imo i think ridding the crazy exterior ideas and going oem 2002 + the minor nsx-r upgrades is the way to go.

clean, modern, exotic, beautiful, sexy + tasteful!

can't wait to see this baddie painted!

In actuality the interior really contrast the current white condition. I was just staring at it. The feel of the inside gives the driver view a more exotic feel. Are you referring to the seats as extreme? I was at first but it has grown. It is more pleasing seeing it in person rather than pictures. I don't think I could go back to stock unless I purchase an 02+ NSX in immaculate condition.

the interior is AMAZING. maybe its just me but i think the stock nsx interior sadly pales in comparison to the exterior.

i think what you've done with the inside of the car will match a clean 2002+ white nsx with nsxr hood/spoiler + nice set of wheels + nicely dropped.

10 years ago i couldnt stop dreaming about widebody nsx's and clear corners lol. perhaps i am getting old but i do think the 02+ nsx look (plus some mild mods, drop + wheels) is perfect balance of exotic but not wayyy over the top.

all comments are IMHO. that interior is a dream.

In actuality the interior really contrast the current white condition. I was just staring at it. The feel of the inside gives the driver view a more exotic feel. Are you referring to the seats as extreme? I was at first but it has grown. It is more pleasing seeing it in person rather than pictures. I don't think I could go back to stock unless I purchase an 02+ NSX in immaculate condition.

the interior is AMAZING. maybe its just me but i think the stock nsx interior sadly pales in comparison to the exterior.

i think what you've done with the inside of the car will match a clean 2002+ white nsx with nsxr hood/spoiler + nice set of wheels + nicely dropped.

10 years ago i couldnt stop dreaming about widebody nsx's and clear corners lol. perhaps i am getting old but i do think the 02+ nsx look (plus some mild mods, drop + wheels) is perfect balance of exotic but not wayyy over the top.

all comments are IMHO. that interior is a dream.

I do agree, I am continuing with the complete white, I am a bit torn with the NSXR wing, don't like pics of them but it is ok in person. The rear view looks blocky which has kept me from buying it. I do have all the current OEM outer 02+ panel components. I have been discussing with a coach builder another venture into wheels and can not make up my mind. The drop I currently have has the adjustability to accommodate a majority of roads today. Keep posted and thanks for your comments. I receive the last boxes of ordered parts throughout this week while the car goes for paint.

So Gil, are you doing like wide body or just stock body this time? Can't tell from the pics. You car is going to looks awesome when is done, can't wait to see it in person. Sorry, for kinda messed up your plan going with white. I know what you mean suddenly a surge of white type R wanna be popping up. ;o) We are like a long lost twins here in TX.:tongue:

Last edited:
So Gil, are you doing like wide body or just stock body this time? Can't tell from the pics. You car is going to looks awesome when is done, can't wait to see it in person. Sorry, for kinda messed up your plan going with white. I know what you mean suddenly a surge of white type R wanna be popping up. ;o) We are like a long lost twins here in TX.:tongue:

I almost changed to Black roof. I'll let you keep that black head while I have the white head. Black heads hurt more =). Anyways there is nothing wrong with having too many, the more the merrier. The body panels are OEM, I will make carbon panels once the finish is completed with the ability to install a more aggressive wheel offset. I will stick with 19x11's rear most likely and 18x8 or 8.5 front. Can not wait to enjoy this car, it has been missed. I'll be at cars and coffee Dec 3rd.

Pictures taken several days ago, everything mocked up minus updated sideskirts. Used the pre 02 Skirts to ensure door alignment and rear quarter install was up to par. Paint prep has already been started for final shoot then QA this weekend.

IMG_20111125_170506.jpg

Last edited:
I'm digging the gloss gray of the front bumper. It would be a sweet color on a wide body. Hmmmm....

EDIT: Just remembered why I think that. SFDreamer has that color on his Cantrell WB and it looks great.

Last edited:
I'm digging the gloss gray of the front bumper. It would be a sweet color on a wide body. Hmmmm....

EDIT: Just remembered why I think that. SFDreamer has that color on his Cantrell WB and it looks great.

I've always loved the grey primer look too, and was contemplating painting my car that colour for a bit for fun too.

I've always loved the grey primer look too, and was contemplating painting my car that colour for a bit for fun too.

The whole dilemna today from visitors was to do as you guys are commenting on. A lot of my build has been with a lot of changes and redos to obtain perfection. As of today I have something up my sleeve, will sleep on it.

The whole dilemna today from visitors was to do as you guys are commenting on. A lot of my build has been with a lot of changes and redos to obtain perfection. As of today I have something up my sleeve, will sleep on it.

I think u should leave it the way it is lol jk!

I vote for these colors:

LBBP
Gunmetal Metallic
White (kinda played out these days tho)
Imola Orange Pearl

:)

I think u should leave it the way it is lol jk!

I vote for these colors:

LBBP
Gunmetal Metallic
White (kinda played out these days tho)
Imola Orange Pearl

:)

I should =)

I have sourced the color and pick it up Thursday. Will shoot with BASF Glacurit Paint. Keep posted for updates.

020_001.jpg

Here is your color scheme i found it! hehe im just kidding man i cant wait till its painted and pimped out! :biggrin::eek:

020_001.jpg

Here is your color scheme i found it! hehe im just kidding man i cant wait till its painted and pimped out! :biggrin::eek:

That car was for someone who was/is very indecisive =)

I hear terms noted extreme, clean, stock, aggressive..... My main goal for completion is classy in some sense. After looking at the car and sharing with family the choice was made to go ahead and one more time opt out of the white. I sat back several times and I could not grasp the look it had. I have seen some real excellent examples of white on the board and now actually seeing the whole car white it seems to lack that Luster from other colors, meaning it is just only clean. At first I thought it was the wheels being to plain jane which in my case didn't really fit the bill on the car for me. Having plain wheels and a only a clean color it needs something to compliment. I will continue with these till new wheels arrive and do a complete color change now that every single OEM nut and bolt has been mocked up on the car. I am excited on the new color which I will reveal once the process has taken place. I am confident in the new color and spent hours on google looking at images.

Last edited:
Actually no spacers are being used. They are a bit pokey "is the term" flush.

Actually this is quite an aggressive fitment for the rear, it was intended to be used with a slight stretch in the rear tire - maybe a 265/30/19 -

Since you are running a 295/30/19 it is perhaps a bit much.

Actually this is quite an aggressive fitment for the rear, it was intended to be used with a slight stretch in the rear tire - maybe a 265/30/19 -

Ah ok. The 295 is probably whats giving her that look.

Wil can you verify offsets. Actually with the 295 rear tires it looks great at full drop. Tne 295 tire was an experimental try that I actually like. It gives the rear end A tougher look. My new quarters that are being made out of carbon will have the same concept downforce applied adding 5mm to the front fenders. The fenders will work towards having 295 or 305 rearswithout issue.

Looks awesome. Very glad to see you getting her back in one piece. Also love that youre back to oem body. I feel you'll enjoy the car much more down the road and it will hold up to useage much more.
Excited to see your final color selection, and even more excited after all this time you'll be able to finally enjoy the car. Will be extremely nice when finished.

Looks awesome. Very glad to see you getting her back in one piece. Also love that youre back to oem body. I feel you'll enjoy the car much more down the road and it will hold up to useage much more.
Excited to see your final color selection, and even more excited after all this time you'll be able to finally enjoy the car. Will be extremely nice when finished.

thank You Sir, after driving a widebody at times I would worry about damage. The feel is there but a little more fragile. Hard to explain. Userability is what is needed. I receive the paint today and will pick up the clear as well. I can not wait to lay it on, most exciting part.

thank You Sir, after driving a widebody at times I would worry about damage. The feel is there but a little more fragile. Hard to explain. Userability is what is needed. I receive the paint today and will pick up the clear as well. I can not wait to lay it on, most exciting part.

Hey do you still have the sideskirts and rear fenders from back when car was black?
They looked great together....should slap them on before paint.....:cool:

Hey do you still have the sideskirts and rear fenders from back when car was black?
They looked great together....should slap them on before paint.....:cool:

I do, but not the originals I have carbon ones though I kept for myself.

Back