• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Gil,
Glad to see your going to finish the project up after all, I cant wait to see it all re-assembled. What are you thinking about running as far as a body kit? Still widebody or going back to stock panels?

Gil,
Glad to see your going to finish the project up after all, I cant wait to see it all re-assembled. What are you thinking about running as far as a body kit? Still widebody or going back to stock panels?

Will put oem panels for now, have some secret sauce panels in the works I spoke to you previously about and order the madonna kit clean it up a little IE: Sideskirts, front lower lip area.

Tried on the Forgestar F14 wheels to see how much they stuck out. Actually with the current suspension set up it sat pretty well. I can see several areas it may hit if I did a hard turn. The wheels are 18x8.5, +26ET with 225/35/18 Bridgestone REOA tires. I will test it at a full lock to see how they do before installing new wheels.
IMG_20111102_180117.jpg

I spent the day cleaning the inner door guts and reinstalling the new OEM door seals. Assembly is slow cleaning every part I can touch. Will be adding the Hugabuga window regulator fix as well.

The rear wheels sit just like the front. I don't quite understand how a +23 19x11 with 305/30 tires sit right at fender line and the front sit the way they do. My car does have stock camber adjustments lowered 3/4's and the VRH all the way down. The wheel sits about half inch from the Cup on the coil over. I will check the offsets maybe Forgestar made a boo boo on offset requests previously.

Last edited:
Deciding on which wheels to keep on the car can be a grueling factor for any NSX owner. I have this same problem with Watches and TV's.

Test fit a moderate styled wheel I purchased awhile back from Wil (Angus), while in the process I scraped and cleaned the wheel well and sprayed new lining. The aluminum will take awhile, long process to get each component to my expectations.
IMG_20111109_161711.jpg

Looking good, I love those RP03's.

Thank you Sir, how are feeling?

Will be working on her in a few, wiring up the New HID set up from WhiteNSX (Steve). Excellent turn around from him.

Interior is completely back in. Working on some of the components in preparation for carbon redo.

Thank you Sir, how are feeling?

Will be working on her in a few, wiring up the New HID set up from WhiteNSX (Steve). Excellent turn around from him.

Interior is completely back in. Working on some of the components in preparation for carbon redo.

Doing a lot better thanks. Had blood work done and have a GI doctors app next week.

Can't wait to see the finished product though!

Doing a lot better thanks. Had blood work done and have a GI doctors app next week.

Can't wait to see the finished product though!

Glad to hear the recoup, I am anticipating the final days, as of ETA I should be looking at around the end of this month for road time. :biggrin:

I ended up assembling the OEM front bumper for front end final mock up with Downforce lip. Fitment was spot on.

bumperassbled.jpg

02mockup.jpg

Will assess rear bumper and OEM 02 Rear valence this week. Will mock up a dali diffusor and possibly make changes to clean up the diffusor aswell.

Keep posted.

Talk about never ending. I'll be excited to see this car done....well, at least for a while. I doubt you will ever be done for good.

LOL it is an endless pit. I am sure in the next couple of weeks. Just waiting on some key parts and I should finally be doing the draw down of clean up.

With the large amount of interest in carbon overlays I will show the process here also including the vaccuum bagging process etc.

so basically a clean look based on 2002+ eom styling cues?

no more widebody?

For now! :big grin: I have alternatives in the works that will not disappoint. If i'm going to replace a panel I will ensure it isn't fiberglass but carbon. Basic outline is to get the styling clean again then work from that point with additions of my own that won't hinder why and how the NSX quality has been produced. It is never ending:smile:

damn must be hella nice gil
wish i was a neurosurgeon :wink:

zaid

Everyone's wallet is the same, IT DEPLETES! Should have updated pics very soon. Working on someone else's car and should be completed this weekend while I await more parts for the NSX.

As she sits with some changed parts, also had tires installed on the RPO3's 225/35/18 and 295/30/19 Kumho ECSTA LE Sports KU39, After I install quarters and shark antenna II I will evaluate and possibly sell the RPO3's and go a different route for wheels. Ordered missing front bumper caps and new inner linings, ducts, AC induction weather stripping. Went through the whole wiring harness and re-wrapped with electrical tape prior to tucking them back in OEM locations.
IMG_20111118_135857.jpg

IMG_20111117_152132.jpg

IMG_20111117_152117.jpg

Installed the 02 Rear valence for mock up.
IMG_20111119_213249.jpg

Will install quarter panels Tuesday and prepare for paint Thursday/Friday

What color are you going to paint it?

I think he told me White.

Tommy is correct, I did debate this weekend over a complete change over some sort of blue would probably clash with the interior or some sort of titanium charcoal color. I currently like the outer white, a lot of nsx's in white have been popping up which I reviewed sample paint chips just incase. =) If it didn't continue white I will be performing a matte white wrap after the paint has been cured. Decisions!

Last edited:
Back