• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Fellas I have more pics, gotta get them out of my phone. Yes the car is up for outer exterior sale right now till find out the outcome of a possible sale to a Gentleman up north of the whole car or another person UP north for the body. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Fellas I have more pics, gotta get them out of my phone. Yes the car is up for outer exterior sale right now till find out the outcome of a possible sale to a Gentleman up north of the whole car or another person UP north for the body. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Outer exterior sale? :confused:

Outer exterior sale? :confused:

Refresher, the outer body panels and wheels! =)

I am in search of the complete outer body panels: Hood 02+, Front Bumper 02+, Front lip, Rear
02+ valence, Rear quarters. Any color, Supposedly mine were being used for an inner mold for custom fender liners but YOU know how that goes...

=g=

Last edited:
Full kit off the car

laidkit.jpg

Pending finalization and some tweaks.

OK so i skipped around the 8 pages.... but correct me if im wrong.... you took the car to 3 different shops to create a wide body car with a full custom interior, repainted it white, its still NOT done and you want to sell it? Why?

This is a perfect example of something I do not want to get involved in.... it seems as if the project has grown so out of control that you cant even get to enjoy having the car. I hope im wrong but it seems like all the headaches aren't worth it.

OK so i skipped around the 8 pages.... but correct me if im wrong.... you took the car to 3 different shops to create a wide body car with a full custom interior, repainted it white, its still NOT done and you want to sell it? Why?

This is a perfect example of something I do not want to get involved in.... it seems as if the project has grown so out of control that you cant even get to enjoy having the car. I hope im wrong but it seems like all the headaches aren't worth it.

It's kind of different for every individual. Sometimes life situation changes and you need to make sacrifices. And sometimes you just get tired of it all and just decide to call it quits altogether. Headaches are worth it in the end when you complete your project. But definitely not really worth it if you decide to stop. But the trouble is, during all the crap you deal with to build a car, you don't really anticipate that you'll end up dumping the project or some other events can come into play that affect your decision to call it a day.

I had a Mr2 that I was building. Customized TRD widebody, turbo setup. I was using 2002 NSX headlights for the front end. NSX was always my dream car and couldnt afford it at the time, so I figured I make something look like it. Car spent over 4 years in the garage while I worked on it. One day I just got tired and just parted the whole car out. Not once during the time I was doing all that work did I contemplate it. I guess after a certain period you kind of realize it's a lot more work than anticipated or you just get bored and want to move onto other things. I pretty much just lost interest.

So I guess my point is, if you're deciding to take on a big project, try to go at it with a plan from beginning to end. And anticipate that sometimes things don't go according to plan. And if you can't deal with things going wrong, don't do it or if you have money, pay someone else to do it.

It's kind of different for every individual. Sometimes life situation changes and you need to make sacrifices. And sometimes you just get tired of it all and just decide to call it quits altogether. Headaches are worth it in the end when you complete your project. But definitely not really worth it if you decide to stop. But the trouble is, during all the crap you deal with to build a car, you don't really anticipate that you'll end up dumping the project or some other events can come into play that affect your decision to call it a day.

I had a Mr2 that I was building. Customized TRD widebody, turbo setup. I was using 2002 NSX headlights for the front end. NSX was always my dream car and couldnt afford it at the time, so I figured I make something look like it. Car spent over 4 years in the garage while I worked on it. One day I just got tired and just parted the whole car out. Not once during the time I was doing all that work did I contemplate it. I guess after a certain period you kind of realize it's a lot more work than anticipated or you just get bored and want to move onto other things. I pretty much just lost interest.

So I guess my point is, if you're deciding to take on a big project, try to go at it with a plan from beginning to end. And anticipate that sometimes things don't go according to plan. And if you can't deal with things going wrong, don't do it or if you have money, pay someone else to do it.

I've got all kinds of projects going on but seriously I wouldn't even attempt a project like this. I guess for me my car has to much personal historical value that I dont want to screw it up, plus I would hate not being able to drive it for a year or more.

I have typed eight different response with the same result >> ME SHAKING MY HEAD with the behind the scenes of the build. As simple as your question is I SIMPLY am having a hard time responding. I'll regroup and respond soon. Ironically I have been asked this question more this month than any other time during the build.

The project has never grown out of control. The being lied to and fed excuses during the long durations while I was away did. THAT will go in the vendor section. NOT HERE. This is the portion that causes the HEADACHES. Unless you are doing it yourself.

Projects of magnitude require a lot of time/patience/money/ability to find solutions to keep motivation up. It is not for everyone. This is why you don't see 100's of WB nsx's. Well also a majority are content with the current styling which I commend HONDA on.

=g=

=PUREVIL;1366578]OK so i skipped around the 8 pages.... but correct me if im wrong.... you took the car to 3 different shops to create a wide body car with a full custom interior, repainted it white, its still NOT done and you want to sell it? Why?

Thought about the reply since my last. After receiving the car back and my return to the US I immediately punched the pedal to the medal doing long extensive hours into the wee mornings. Yes it has gone to three shops. The whole purpose while I was gone was to come home to a car I could enjoy and share with the builders the pride put into it. I do care about the costs but I was willing to ensure the best quality and care was going to the car. Each 3 times I was explained before committing to ship or trailor the car. Researching and seeing the abilities of what was portrayed enticed my decision. I am not the usual body kit type of person but SERIOUSLY, I was getting plain bored with the car. Each time I see another NSX I get the feeling of motivation hence my browsing PRIME. It is hard to let go of these DAMN NSX's!!! This is probably the syndrome most guys who have gone this route experienced. IF ONLY HONDA would have atleast UPDATED tremendously.

LONG STORY VERY SHORT:
After many many deadlines past and a new one generated with being told YES YES YES it will be done definately in a pattern to the point one DRAWS the line. You can only take so much into a build. Over the period of time I felt more unnattached to the car and no soul was present. No wind, didn't feel like I owned one from it being away so long. Patience<<<<< It was tested!!!!

My return and constant research and abilities to work hands on gave me a second wind. So with that all said and done and the car on the market finished or unfinished everything is always for sale. It is that labor of love gear heads have that we are so addicted to. Why you ask..... Just because I always have that roaming eye for great =) I will continue with the car whether it is sold or not. Many buyers fell through or flaked or just wanted to make payments. I have a new plan and a new wind. It just takes time for this build and I still want it done right for the next owner or myself. I take pride in doing so. The car is almost done. FINALLY!!!

Just a WHOLE LAUNDRY LIST OF SIMPLIFIED GOODIES THAT WILL BE HEADED THIS WAY LOL.

=g=

P.S. Thanks for asking PURE!!

Thought about the reply since my last. After receiving the car back and my return to the US I immediately punched the pedal to the medal doing long extensive hours into the wee mornings. Yes it has gone to three shops. The whole purpose while I was gone was to come home to a car I could enjoy and share with the builders the pride put into it. I do care about the costs but I was willing to ensure the best quality and care was going to the car. Each 3 times I was explained before committing to ship or trailor the car. Researching and seeing the abilities of what was portrayed enticed my decision. I am not the usual body kit type of person but SERIOUSLY, I was getting plain bored with the car. Each time I see another NSX I get the feeling of motivation hence my browsing PRIME. It is hard to let go of these DAMN NSX's!!! This is probably the syndrome most guys who have gone this route experienced. IF ONLY HONDA would have atleast UPDATED tremendously.

LONG STORY VERY SHORT:
After many many deadlines past and a new one generated with being told YES YES YES it will be done definately in a pattern to the point one DRAWS the line. You can only take so much into a build. Over the period of time I felt more unnattached to the car and no soul was present. No wind, didn't feel like I owned one from it being away so long. Patience<<<<< It was tested!!!!

My return and constant research and abilities to work hands on gave me a second wind. So with that all said and done and the car on the market finished or unfinished everything is always for sale. It is that labor of love gear heads have that we are so addicted to. Why you ask..... Just because I always have that roaming eye for great =) I will continue with the car whether it is sold or not. Many buyers fell through or flaked or just wanted to make payments. I have a new plan and a new wind. It just takes time for this build and I still want it done right for the next owner or myself. I take pride in doing so. The car is almost done. FINALLY!!!

Just a WHOLE LAUNDRY LIST OF SIMPLIFIED GOODIES THAT WILL BE HEADED THIS WAY LOL.

=g=

P.S. Thanks for asking PURE!!

Im not criticizing you for doing what you wanted to do. Im not even hating. Im just curious because in the later pages it looked like the car was done, then I get to this page and its parts are for sale. I know im missing alot of the story, but thats why I asked. To me it seemed like you didn't get to even enjoy all your hard work and headaches. I know all about big projects.... im currently in a project that as far exceeded the skills in my area and its frustrating to me. Mine isn't body related, more mechanical/electrical/knowledge based. Which is where i was coming from.... it just seems that at some point you either have to just say F it and drop the project or in your case ship it around to different shops. And its gotta be extremely frustrating to ship it to several shops in hopes that this is the shop you can count on ya know what I mean? Thats a step im trying to avoid because FOR ME, I hate to waste money on shipping and such. Im kind of a tight ass in certain ways, but not in others. Hard to explain.

To me my NSX has alot of personal historical value and Id hate to ruin it. The car was a father son project, and my dad gave it to me in 2000 so i dont want to ruin it because I'd feel bad. Thats why im scared to do any turbos, or widebodies, just some simple bolt ons is good enough for me. My trucks, cars, and bikes that I buy on my own thats a different story. I hope you finish it and spend some time enjoying your work.... i love that interior!

Last edited:
NO worries I didn't take it as criticizing. A good way to vent :biggrin: When I mentioned thanks for asking I meant that in a very good way NO SARCASM> =)

As to your NSX. I would definately leave as is. Even with your TE37 it sits perfect. Sentimental value means quite a bit when a Father/Son car comes into play.

As of now I am flying back to Texas to trailor the car and bring the mass amount of parts accumulated to North Carolina to complete since I have more time here to do so. I will only be here for the beg portion of next year then I will drive the NSX if not sold and most likely plant my butt in Vegas LMAO.

As soon as I find the chord to my phone I will upload more updated pics and keep the pic trails moving.

Gil,

Car has come a long way from the last time i seen it up at Deepstage. It is amazing the time and work you have put into it. Can't wait to see the finished product...

Incase you do not remember me. I worked up at deepstage with Drew, G and Adrian..

Gil,

Car has come a long way from the last time i seen it up at Deepstage. It is amazing the time and work you have put into it. Can't wait to see the finished product...

Incase you do not remember me. I worked up at deepstage with Drew, G and Adrian..

Hey Merv, tell the Crew at Deepstage I said wassup. I met up with Drew a couple months ago on my visit back to Texas at one of those meets.

Well I need to update but doing some new things with parts and another revamp. Carbon material work.

Update

New DD wheels again
Brake system
FI
a lot of 05 updating coolant hoses, tranny upgrade, ABS update, window updating, one of parts and fabricating new functional misc things, clutch update, head work and additional chassis stiffening.

=g=

Hello folks,

Well I decided to start the picture trail again. Constantly gone and finally caught a break from travels till Feb 2012. To start off the finish of the build I will start where I left off.

Currently waiting on some final parts before the longest of 6 yrs build thread ends with a happy note. The car has gone through some rough times sitting. I took her apart again to go through some touches to bring her completely new again.

Keep posted.

NSXwithforgestars.jpg

=)

Back