• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got an '03 Imola Orange!!

I've been following this board for a while and searching long and hard for a new model Imola Orange. I saw it a while ago and just fell in love with the color.

I've had just about every fabulous sports car on the market and recently parted with a 2002 Porsche 911 C4S (Widebody) due to the need for a sedan for my young family. Ended up with a BMW M5 (which I love) but I still had that desire for a sports car when I don't have the little one's.

All I can say is I'm in love all over again. I now know why all of you are so passionate about your NSX's. Here are some pics of the latest edition to my family along with her sedan brother:

Ron

Attachments

• imola front.jpg
    imola front.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 535
Ron, she's a bute. Welcome to the club!

Great Car

Congrats and welcome to the club hope you enjoy your car!

Wow, more than beautiful. Nice stable you have there.;)

Pictures dont do this color justice.....for anyone who has not seen this color in person on a sunny day. Its just awesome.....monte carlo blue is the same way.

Imola Rocks

I agree with Bailey, saw a picture of the car, did nothing for me, saw the car in person, it's beautiful, almost as nice as the yellow, close, but no cigar IMHO- JK, love the Imola, one of the nicest cars out there. the funny thing is, I've seen some other vehicles in "similar" shades, and they don't look anywhere near as good, could it be the shape of the NSX is just better looking, oh well, I'm not too prejudiced-;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks all for the great welcome and nice praises. I'm thrilled to be among you.

S2000Tom - Hard question to answer as far as which one is faster. The M5 definitely has much more torque and low end power (how could it not with 400hp) but the NSX seems just as quick probably because it's so much lighter and geared better. The M5 does come out of sharp corners much harder than the NSX because of the extra power notwithstanding the better gearing of the NSX.

The most interesting thing between the two is the shifting. The M5 is not praised in the press for its shifting and the NSX is universally lauded but believe it or not, the M5 is a much better shifter (it's a much longer throw but that doesn't bother me).

The NSX seems notchy compared with the M5 and has a very hard time downshifting into 2nd gear - the chief mechanic at the local dealer said they are all like this on the downshift when he looked at it yesterday. It's just notchy, there's nothing wrong with it.

The M5, on the other hand has a much better shift action and is much smoother. Go figure. It was the opposite of what the press says.

That being said, the NSX is much more fun to drive. It's a sports car, after all. It's a much more engaging, entertaining car and makes you feel much more connected with the road. At the end of the day they are both fantastic cars designed for different missions and I'm lucky that I have the opportunity to drive them.

beautiful car Ron.
waay off topic, your garage looks like it belongs to a house i had a hand in building... maybe not, but is it by chance a W.M. Foley custom home? reminds me of something in Great Falls but i can't place it.

Back