• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got me an 05 NSX!

In Hawaii you don't see an abundance of NSX's for sale. I never really thought about owning one tell my Wife told me she was interested in it. I didn't really care, cause I own 2 1000whp supras and had an M3. More then enough toys to keep me happy..

But..

in July I learned that there was a white 05 NSX 6spd for sale at the BMW dealership and I went over to look at it.. it was basically brand new with only 207 miles! How lucky is that!?!

I told my wife about it and when we went down to the dealership they had gotten the car ready for us to test drive. We went for a drive with the Targa off and I was Immediately impressed! The low stance of the car, the responsiveness, and all the thumbs up and stares led us to driving away with it after about 45 minutes.

I have since put on about 1100 miles of driving and got my first speeding ticket only after about 3 weeks of owning it..
I <3 my NSX!

DSC01341.jpg

Hey..nice job on the car! Where in Hawaii are you located? I'm from Lihue, Kauai. My whole family is from there and I'm looking forward to moving back and bringing my cars with me once I'm done with college here in Texas.

Congrats.

Just curious - what made you decide to do 2 1000 HP supras? oh and can you post some pics of the supras.

Thanks for the warm reception everyone!

I currently live in Royal Kunia on Oahu.
I'm not sure if I'll be doing any Type R conversions anytime soon on the car. I'm just enjoying the hell out of it as is.. maybe down the road I'll start modifying it..
I want to stick to the rules.. so I'll post a pic with all three cars..

DSC03836.jpg

the one on the left we had built to 1006 rwhp.. and the one on the right was built by Mike Carlin in Chicago. it made 980 rwhp on a mustang dyno.. sooo, I'm just gonna say it makes about 1000..

the reason to build a Supra to 1000 rwhp? Power. But.. it's weird.. I tried to explain to one of my friends that the NSX is like a scalpel and the Supra like a broad sword. The NSX has the driving response and handling of a tiny scalpel that is precise and can make quick cuts.. the Supra is a monster that if I race around in.. won't be making any quick cuts, but will Rip it up from point a to point b. and it won't be pretty..

All in all I am very very happy with the purchase and I hope to learn more about the NSX and be a contributing member of NSXprime! :wink:

when she does drive.. she likes to drive the NSX more then anything. If she was to take a supra.. she'd drive the one on the right..

Nice cars. Still not sure why you have two of the same car basically.

WELCOME
and dont forget to thank your wife for being supportive on your car addiction :smile:

My GOD please sell mt one of those Supras! My Aunt lives on Oahu and now I have a reason to visit her, to come see those cars in person. :wink: My dream car is a silver supra and you have 2 of them :eek:

3 nice rides, two car garage. ! :frown: Nice purchase of NSX.
Bet wife's goes inside each night... so which one stays out? :biggrin:

Every time I see a white one I think, damn that is one sweet ride. Makes me miss my old white GSR. Ummmmm, not for too long, all I need to do is walk to the garage and look at the beauty resting in there.

I have been in some fast supras, but never one with 1000hp. I would love to take a ride.

Enjoy all your beautiful cars my friend, especially the white one. :biggrin: :biggrin:

well man, id say your living a great life!! beautiful cars! and live in paradice!! if you have any more pictures of the supras id love to see them! my dad use 2 have a few of them, iv never driving one, and havent really been around them in the last 10 yrs...please post more pictures of your toys when you get a chance!!

Those two Supras are famous. Correct me if I'm wrong but the one on the left was Craig Leiberman's car at one time? It was also in the Gillette Nitro commercial?? (made to look black in the commercial).

And the one on the right is built to perfection and featured with other premier Supras on http://www.t04r.com/ . Some killer Supras you've got there along with a rare NSX :biggrin:

Vendetta said:
Those two Supras are famous. Correct me if I'm wrong but the one on the left was Craig Leiberman's car at one time? It was also in the Gillette Nitro commercial?? (made to look black in the commercial).

And the one on the right is built to perfection and featured with other premier Supras on http://www.t04r.com/ . Some killer Supras you've got there along with a rare NSX :biggrin:

good eye! the one on the left did indeed belong to leiberman.. Very nice guy. When I bought it, it had roughly 800 rwhp.. I had the motor rebuilt and stroked to 3.4 L with the HKS and then upgrade the twin turbos and got 1006 rwhp.
The other one is Mike Carlins old car. It made 980 rwhp stock bottom.
Very fortunate to be able to get all the cars. I can't wait to start modding the NSX.. not sure what to do though. NSX-R conversion? JGTC wide body? turbo? super charger? 3.8L stroker.. I'm gonna take my time with this one.. I don't want to rush into modding it and mess it up.

Congrats on the new ride! Hardly see any 02+ NSX's in Hawaii, and at the used car lot with only 200 miles?:eek: Nice find.

I saw your Supra too, at the show last month. Nice car. BTW, are you friends with Blackie from Action Towing?

Back