• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got my HKS intake today and need help!

Well if its not one thing its the next for me. I took the intake out of the package and first of all it has no instructions, so I figure how hard can it be?? I take the stock intake off and am ready to put the new intake on. I first see that there is nowhere on this metal pipe to put the two lines that were hooked up to the stock inlet tube. Thats as far as I have gotten. How or what am I suppose to do. Does anyone have any instuctions??
TIA
Jeff

I installed the HKS on my 97 T two weeks ago, and had no problems. Just took out the stock intake box and bolted the HKS intake in. The only trickey part was finding out where to mount the hardware for the Intake tube. The best spot is to take the braket off, right in front of the Fuse box and insert the new bracket there. I'll try to scan the instructions tonight, but I'm sure you'll have figured it out by then.

On a side note the HKS intake does not allow you to totally seal the gap between the induction vent and the intake filter. I'm planning to install the Cantrell AIS and use a rubber pipe to close the gap so none of the air escapes from the sides.

Originally posted by NSX2NV:

On a side note the HKS intake does not allow you to totally seal the gap between the induction vent and the intake filter. I'm planning to install the Cantrell AIS and use a rubber pipe to close the gap so none of the air escapes from the sides.

My car had an Autobility intake installed (see http://pws.gamewood.net/~wilsonpm/Auto/images/nsx/LeftEngine.jpg). It uses an HKS filter (I've washed it since the picture).

Can you tell me more about your rubber pipe concept?

[This message has been edited by wilsonp (edited 17 July 2002).]

WilsonP,

You need to remove the right parenthesis and the period from your url link.

anvil

LeftEngine.jpg

The HKS Intake I have is different. Mine is a mushroom type. I'll take pics and explain what I mean. It may not work just a thought to improve air flow to the intake.

The pic shown above is Wilsonp's car. My pics will be up tommorrow.

I send my intake back because they send me the wrong one. They send me an inlet tube for a 95 eclipse. Iknew something was wrong and that it wouldnt fit. Anyway, I have the right piece on its way.

Here are some pics of my HKS intake. The sound of this intake is awesome reminds me somewhat of a blow-off valve from a turbo set-up. (I'll keep dreaming). I was thinking of adding a rubber hose from the induction to the intake to minimize air loss from the gap that is left.

Any thoughts or is the system ok to run as is.

11334575-f2b6-02000180-.jpg

11334635-aa73-02000180-.jpg

Mine is exactly the same (mushroom 500-type) except that I don't have that long metal pipe (mine's shorter). More space to suck in the air.

Back