• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got the NSX painted

I need to take better pics but you get the jist. The flames are also done in a chameleon that changes from blue to pruple to red to orange.
It's o.k. if you like it or don't. I Love it. I designed the flames and did all of the tape work on the car and sprayed them. I just got tired of my NSX looking like every other silver one. I gave it Tribal Tattoos! :biggrin:

Copy_of_NSX_at_Home.JPG

Copy_of_NSX_at_Home_2.JPG

Copy_of_NSX_at_Home_3.JPG

Thanks for the Look,
Randy Blake
1998 NSX-T

not my thing, but the workmanship looks top notch.

Looks like a HotWheels car!

Don't let S4Play throw you into his thread!

At XPO this year, someone had a black car with subtle purple flames painted that only shows when you look at it in certain angles. I thought that was a cool look.:cool:

That is cool to have a Hot Wheels car in your garage. I like the color combo.

Doing that was definitely "balls to the wall." What do people say when your at the gas station?

not my thing, but the workmanship looks top notch.

Thank You on the workmanship. It took 10 Hours just to tape the Flames off and get it sprayed. The whole car was redone in the process so I am extremely pleased with all of the work I put into it and how it turned out exactly the way I had designed it. I know everyone would either like it or hate it. There are many purists here who don't have much of a creative flair besides wheels and more power but I do unique things to all of my cars just to make them more me. It's nice that now even in a crowd of NSX's mine still will clearly be mine. :biggrin:
Thanks,
Randy

Looks like a HotWheels car!

Don't let S4Play throw you into his thread!

At XPO this year, someone had a black car with subtle purple flames painted that only shows when you look at it in certain angles. I thought that was a cool look.:cool:

Thanks! Funny thing is I collect Hot Wheels cars. I have around 15,000 of them so I guess I kindof designed my own 1:1 HOt Wheels paint scheme....LOL :biggrin:
Thanks,
Randy

That is cool to have a Hot Wheels car in your garage. I like the color combo.

Doing that was definitely "balls to the wall." What do people say when your at the gas station?

Thanks! Thought about the color combo for months before doing it. So I'm glad some others appreciate it. I am definitely balls out on my stuff. I never really cared much for the haters but enjoy the conversations that it creates. Everyone that has seen it in person has been extremely complimentary of it. It really is much cooler to see in person than in the pics.
Thanks Again,
Randy:biggrin:

Cool...how about lambo doors and LEDs in every crevice?

Don't like all that crap. Not trying to rice the car. Just wanted a unique paint job for my X. I have never seen one done with cool tribal flames that changed color before so I thought why not mine! :) Only ever see stripes or words for companies sponsors and crap like that. BORING! Open Your Minds!
LOL!
Thanks!

I'll say the same thing that I tell my friends with tattoos. Looks great! as long as it's yours... :wink:

:cool:

I like the design on the doors, not so much on the bumper and hood. I give you credit for doing something different, however it may have been a better choice to do it with a vinyl overlay instead of paint. When it comes time to sell it you'll find out if this was a good idea or not. Enjoy the car.

I like the design on the doors, not so much on the bumper and hood. I give you credit for doing something different, however it may have been a better choice to do it with a vinyl overlay instead of paint. When it comes time to sell it you'll find out if this was a good idea or not. Enjoy the car.

I agree with DocL. The first thing I thought of was that it reminded me of a Diablo SV paint scheme on the sides. I still believe "To each their (There) own!". It doesn't hurt to be different...sometimes they give you drugs for that too!

Enjoy!

I like it I would have made it black. Looks like a tattoo. I was thinking of puting a black stripe on my red NSX. I like diferent because if we all have the same boring stock NSX it would suck.

Kinda Kool!

Where are you in Md.?
You will have to bring it out to the next meet in the the DMV area so we can see it in person!

All the best!

Nate in DC

I'll say the same thing that I tell my friends with tattoos. Looks great! as long as it's yours... :wink:

:cool:

Funny thing is I have no Tattoos...LOL But My NSX now does!

Thanks,
Randy

Thank You! Vinyl is o.k. but I will be buried before my NSX ever leaves me so Paint was definitely the way to go even more so to get the chameleon 4 color flip on the Flames. If I ever want a change I'll just paint it again. I used to paint cars for a living so it's no biggie!
Thanks Again,

I like it I would have made it black. Looks like a tattoo. I was thinking of puting a black stripe on my red NSX. I like diferent because if we all have the same boring stock NSX it would suck.

Thanks!
Totally Agree!

Kinda Kool!

Where are you in Md.?
You will have to bring it out to the next meet in the the DMV area so we can see it in person!

All the best!

Nate in DC

Nate,
I'm in Charles County So. MD I work in D.C./VA area so I would definitely like to bring it to a meet. Please let me know when the next one is happening and where. I'll do my best to make it out!
Thanks,

Bryan,
Sounds Cool. I've had the NSX there for Nopi before but it was stock.
Haven't been there since then. Ran 13.2-13.4 so I probably won't be racing.
How many are going and what time. If I went I would like to join a cruise there of multiple NSX's if possible. Let me know either way.
Thanks,
Randy

I think there is going to be like 4 or 5 NSX going to MIR Sunday.

My car is still up on the lift. I am hoping to finish the wheel bearings by Wednesday when the arp wheel studs get in. Today I just finish replacing the inner and outer tie rod ends on both sides. I want to say the car will be ready by Friday so I can get a alignment on the car. If everything goes well, I will be heading out there with my truck, trailer and NSX to MIR.

Bryan

Back