• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Update Coming This Month

Here’s an overview of what we can expect from 2.0, which will be made available to everyone for free:

• Simple interior views added to all standard cars.
  • User control of the weather change feature.
  • Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
  • New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
  • Improved UI response and usability.
  • Replay forward/rewind.
  • Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
  • Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
  • Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
  • Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
  • Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
  • Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
  • Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
  • Full support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.

6211460465_00c4e1a897_z.jpg

And download content (car packs, track packs) will be coming soon after!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/05/gran-turismo-5-new-free-updates-dlc-and-price-drop/

Owned this game since the day it came out. I think I played it 20 minutes.

Can't wait for Forza 4 :)

I do LOVE the music though!!

There's music? I turned that off when I first got the game.

I've played through 95% of GT5's career mode in A and B Spec, so I'm really looking forward to the new download content. The only reason I haven't completed it is because I can't set aside enough time to do Endurance Races in A Spec. Mid-race saves of endurance events will be a welcome addition.

Surprisingly, I have not participated in a single online race in GT5...and that was one of the main things I was looking forward to. Weird.

I haven't had a chance to download the Forza 4 demo yet, but played it at E3. Looks a bit better than Forza 3, but I still think the cars look more accurate in GT5. The feel is very similar to the Gran Turismo series now...could pick it up and drive with all of the aids turned off. I also like Jeremy Clarkson's contribution to the series...was hoping he would do something similar for GT5. If only I could use my wheels with the Xbox 360, I'd probably pick it up. My Xbox isn't even plugged in right now...haven't powered it on in over a year and a half!

Seriously guys you only put in about 30 min of gameplay for GT5. lol.

I reached level 27 in A spec, I did the majority of the liscences tests as well. I don't care much about managing a race so I think I did one race in B spec and never did it again.

I look forward to the updates for GT5 but not sure when I'll really play it again. I've been eagerly awaiting my Forza 4 LCE arrival. Only 6 more days :).

On a side note: Turn 10 didn't update the 97 NSX model.... again. I can't believe they have been updating Forza 1's NSX model for 4 straight games. It's so incorrectly modeled you can see the obvious differences when you compare the 02 Type R vs the 97 NSX. My only letdown with Forza 4 :(. This is the only reason I give Polyphonic some credit all their car models are pretty accurate to true life.

Last edited:
There's music? I turned that off when I first got the game.

I've played through 95% of GT5's career mode in A and B Spec, so I'm really looking forward to the new download content. The only reason I haven't completed it is because I can't set aside enough time to do Endurance Races in A Spec. Mid-race saves of endurance events will be a welcome addition.

Surprisingly, I have not participated in a single online race in GT5...and that was one of the main things I was looking forward to. Weird.

I haven't had a chance to download the Forza 4 demo yet, but played it at E3. Looks a bit better than Forza 3, but I still think the cars look more accurate in GT5. The feel is very similar to the Gran Turismo series now...could pick it up and drive with all of the aids turned off. I also like Jeremy Clarkson's contribution to the series...was hoping he would do something similar for GT5. If only I could use my wheels with the Xbox 360, I'd probably pick it up. My Xbox isn't even plugged in right now...haven't powered it on in over a year and a half!

If you like jazz and chill music, the game is a masterpiece. try the music lounges, you'll be blown away!!

Owned this game since the day it came out. I think I played it 20 minutes.

Can't wait for Forza 4 :)

20 minutes? It takes 5 minutes to get it loaded when you turn on the PS3(plus the 90 minute initial download & update)!! :biggrin:

I like it though. I'm looking forward to 2.0 (but not the load & download times).

If you like jazz and chill music, the game is a masterpiece. try the music lounges, you'll be blown away!!

Actually, I don't.

20 minutes? It takes 5 minutes to get it loaded when you turn on the PS3

5 minutes to load the game? Did you do a full install?

Load times are supposedly going to improve with the 2.0 update.

Turn 10 didn't update the 97 NSX model.... again. I can't believe they have been updating Forza 1's NSX model for 4 straight games. It's so incorrectly modeled you can see the obvious differences when you compare the 02 Type R vs the 97 NSX. My only letdown with Forza 4 :(. This is the only reason I give Polyphonic some credit all their car models are pretty accurate to true life.

I know, I've always been annoyed by that and the white colored headlight lenses, like on the cr-x.

So, I can say that since the 2.0 update, I'm happier with GT5. I don't care for the in-car view (not enough visibility), so the "simplified in-car view" is not much of an improvement for me.

However, I do like the faster load times, I like being able to have three settings per car saved. I also like the fact that they added some premium cars (though I would have chosen different cars).

Some things I would like to see (either in a future update, or as DLC):

A test track.

A drag strip (where you can actually race against another car or cars; launch timing should matter, no TCS allowed, etc).

More options for mods (at the very least, EVERY car should be able to take every mod that is relevant; a turbo or supercharger on an NSX, for example).

More detailed tuning (it would be great to be able to choose different camshafts and play with spark timing and the ECU tune to make the car just the way I want it, rather than just spending the most money for the most horsepower).

More options for aero kits (I like how the Skyline can get an improved wing that looks just like the stock wing).

Some of the cars that made it in as standard models that I would like to see as premiums are:

Mk 4 Supra (can't believe this one didn't make it in!)
02+ NSX type S (it's my favorite version of the car)
00 Camaro SS
3000GT (96 is my favorite)
All the classic muscle cars (particularly the Chevelle)
SL500 (both versions)
E46 M3
And all the RUF models

Last edited:
Used to be a diehard Gran Turismo fan, but. Some reason I keep going back to Forza.

Started playing a bit after downloading 2.0.

This may have already been mentioned previously, but since I haven't had much time with GT 5, I'm only finding this out now. You mean to tell me I can't change wheel/tire size? WTF?!!!

cmonman.png

Yeah.... there are a lot of little omissions like that in GT that bug me.

However, if they were going to include that, I would like to believe that they calculate the vehicle's unsprung mass and work that into an effect on the vehicle's performance.

All in all, I wish they would spend more time on the cars with the updates than on the "accessories" such as racing suits and helmets.

For the time it takes to make a racing suit or helmet, they might be able to add a same-body-style premium car (for example, adding in the base model SL500, using most of the parts from the SL55 premium model).

That's been a complaint of mine ever since the franchise began (well... to be fair, I started playing about 100 years ago back in the days of GT3).

It's one of the most "unrealistic" aspects of the game that only already turbo'd cars can have a turbo (with a few exceptions) and only "muscle" cars can have a supercharger...

I can't understand why they've done it this way.

Plus the NSX doesn't sound like a NSX.

Well bad luck this week both my GT wheel and my xbox wheel don't work. Xbox wheel won't power on. GT wheel won't communicate with the PS3.

Got tired of the lack of customization on most cars in GT5, so I finally got myself a copy of Forza 4. Scored one today with the special 5 car pack DLC code while it was on sale at Best Buy for $34.99 during Black Friday. Woohoo!!

I think I played till A-Spec Level 20ish right after it came out, but I was so bummed by the online gameplay, never started it since then. The Spa DLC and more updates might change that.

Back