• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Greetings Board !!!

New to this board....just sold my 1965 FFR Cobra replica and looking to enter the world of the NSX !!! I came here to check out the board and car info as these boards are usually the best place for the "real" info!!!!

Gonna be checking out the for sale boards and reading alot of posts...

Thx for all the info in advance!!!

welcome! I've spent a good 2 weeks in the wiki section just soaking up info. Be sure to learn about snap rings.

good hunting!

I was JUST reading about them....whats the deal there? I see alot of cars listed for sale saying "not in the SNAP RING RANGE" obviously an issue at one time with certain models?

Still reading away lol Appreciate the welcome note!

There are quite a few NSX owners in PBC. I live in Delray and would be glad to let you see why the NSX is such a desireable exotic.

Hello there, welcome aboard. :smile: Best of Luck on your search.

Good idea to read up on the snap ring issue, later 91's I believe and early 92's. 5 spd MT are only affected.

The VIN on the transmission will tell...

But as you will read... a car in snap ring range shouldn't be a deal breaker. More something that should be accounted for in the price. Some in the range will be fine, some won't. Kind of like Russian Roulette.

I happen to have one... but not for sale. I was told it was fixed, but have no paper work to prove it. I plan to have it checked out the next time I have some of the major work done on it... I do have an issue on where to take it for that, since the local Acura dealer is clueless about the issue. Which tells me they don't know much about the NSX.

Good luck in your search... AC Cobra's are nice looking cars... the originals are out of most of our buget ranges... I kicked around getting a replica for a while, but decided to save up and purchase a hand made vehicle made by the top craftsmen at Honda.

I'm sure you have seen the red one listed under the Craigs List thread. That is a nice car, but at a premium for the very low miles (5k miles). I don't believe it says if it is in the snap ring range or not.

You will be able to find a nice one. Be patient.

Some of it is subjective, but IMO they are beatiful cars. They have a timeless design.

I had mine out yesterday, stopped in to fill it up and had some guys ask if it was okay to take pictures of it. I don't have a problem with that... it blesses them. I didn't tell them it was an 18 yr old car. I have told others and they are blown away, they think it is brand new.

So if you don't like drawing attention, an NSX is not the car for you. I'm fine either way. I realize when I'm in the NSX there will be gawkers and it is the car they are crazy over and not me.

There are lots of knowledgable people here on prime. Ask any question, and you will get good answers.

Good luck in the hunt....

Rod

Thx for all the info and welcome notes!! Not in any hurry...I like the NSX's and the 97thru 2000 Vipers so checking them out.... I will certainly take any and all adivce I can get lol

Hope to see you all on the board for a while!!!

THX

Prob take you up on your offer DOC to see yours since your right next door to me in Delray Bch! Sweet

That was the car I had...so now need a new toy :)

Attachments

• Cobra 2.jpg
    Cobra 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to the board... :cool:

Buy an NA2 and you won't have to worry about snap ring range! :biggrin:

That was the car I had...so now need a new toy :)

Awesome looking Cobra replica! A real 'head turner' im sure. Must have been a tough decision to sell it.

Good luck with your NSX search. Great time to be looking since there are a lot of great deals out there.

Wow - you are going from a Cobra Convert. to a NSX.:eek: That has to be a first.:tongue:

Yes it was VERY tough to sell it!!!!

My lst cars were Fiat X19 Fiat Spider(s) Merc 450SL (75) 74 TR6 (still have it but 4sale) then the FFR COBRA WOW freaking fun beyond belief!!!! Now got the itch for something else yikes a sickness indeed

Always liked the NSX and I like to drive my cars alot if possible the Cobra was excellent cause it had a very nice ride/drive/POWER out the a** but not exactly a car you can take places and park :-( thats the part that makes it tough like my Ducati fun ride...go home...park it...take the reg car :( Sooooooooo now it's between an NSX-t or a Viper lol close huh??

I like the older vipers (lucky for me) and I like the NSX-T I can tell it's gonna be another 6 months to hunting and looking and hunting and looking....but it's a fun time! I like the fact that ALOT if not ALL NSX owners I know say their car is very reliable and very driveable and service..tho not "cheap" still is reasonable considering the car itself!!!

THX for all the info and notes!! IF ANYONE see's a good one (ideally driving distance from SE FLORIDA) please slap me and say HEY...BUY THIS ONE ;-)

i just made a similar decision (Viper or go back to NSX). I had a few other options on the table as well.

ultimately for me, I just didnt find driving the Viper that enjoyable. its a beast for sure and a crazy car with a lot of charisma, but i couldnt imagine driving it a lot. i ended up putting it in the category where its a car that i hope a friend ends up owning so i can occasionally take it for a spin :)

the NSX and the Viper really are massively different in every way possible, so definitely drive them both and see if one or the other ends up automatically disqualified (you had the Cobra, so the Viper will likely seem VERY familiar though)

Best of luck in your search. I will be interested in your opinion of the NSX after you drive one. Can't think of 2 more opposite cars than the ones you are considering. I suspect you may find the NSX's lack of torque frustrating...

Drove a 99 RT/10 over the weekend at a dealer in Miami...was like my Cobra, but refined...if that gives you an idea of how much of a raw Go-Cart the Cobra is LOL OOoooo wait...a freaking-Fun Gocart I might add :) But then when it got down to brass-tax...it was a "repo" but told it was in "excellent" condition when retrieved...yet could not get any records on it just a bit too sketchy...even tho it was a million$$ Lambo dealer with a good rep...still a few too many unanswered questions around that car...so I am moving on...the hunt continues:cool:

Its a very nice car for what it is....power monster...but I think i am leaning towards the NSX the more and more I read and hear about them...just a slick ride all around and prob gonna drive one here a t local dealer this weekend if all goes well :) I will def let you know my feelings!!!!

Back