• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-R is an ugly car (I hate to say it)

The Nissan GT-R rocks as far as technical achievements go. It's fast, handles very well, but it falls down badly in the looks department. A total mismatch by Nissan. I can't see myself buying a car with GT3 type performance, but Celica/Tiburon looks.

But at least the price is coming down fast :D

Don't know how long this ebay link will last for, but a guy is selling his 4k mile car for Buy It Now price of $63k. And he's the 2nd owner already! Are people buying these and getting tired of them very quickly?

Rear bumper paint doesn't match. Makes me think it's been bumped at some point and repainted.

In dark colors, the GT-R looks pretty sinister. I'd love a black one.

I can assure you that it is not coming down fast enough for a lot of people. Definitely not coming down fast enough for me either, need to go down another $10k+.

That car in your link definitely had front and rear body work (silver can looks off depending on angle/light even if it is brand new out of factory, but that one is not even close). That super silver color is a $3k factory option.

I used to hate Super Silver (Titanium and White are my favorite) until I saw one at Tustin Nissan after seeing 3 others at Costa Mesa Nissan (Black, white, Titanium). No I wasn't there to buy a GT-R unfortunately.:frown:

Last edited:
Remember, they built a GT-R. I look at it and say "Yep, thats a GT-R. Just like I would expect a new model to appear." The turn-off for me is the weight.

I can assure you that it is not coming down fast enough for a lot of people. Definitely not coming down fast enough for me either, need to go down another $10k+.

That car in your link definitely had front and rear body work (silver can looks off depending on angle/light even if it is brand new out of factory, but that one is not even close). That super silver color is a $3k factory option.

I used to hate Super Silver (Titanium and White are my favorite) until I saw one at Tustin Nissan after seeing 3 others at Costa Mesa Nissan (Black, white, Titanium). No I wasn't there to buy a GT-R unfortunately.:frown:

So, you own a 360 and you're antsy for a GT-R? :confused:

The Nissan GT-R rocks as far as technical achievements go. It's fast, handles very well, but it falls down badly in the looks department. A total mismatch by Nissan. I can't see myself buying a car with GT3 type performance, but Celica/Tiburon looks.

Don't know how long this ebay link will last for, but a guy is selling his 4k mile car for Buy It Now price of $63k. And he's the 2nd owner already! Are people buying these and getting tired of them very quickly?

Spoke to one GT-R owner a few days ago. Says they are very expensive to maintain but great car to drive.

I'm confused. Out of the 18 2009 GTR's on sale, you're basing the market on the lowest priced GTR with a "questionable" history?

So what's this i hear about a GTR being driving in a Chicago winter and where they use salt like its going outta style?

I pity the fool, who cant afford a "daily driver winter beater" after his purchase of a gtr.:frown:

Would a bodykit help? I like the Wald kit. http://www.silviaparts.com/body-kits/nissan/r35

I don't hate to say it ........... it is ugly!

With all that performance and handling, it would be fun to "wreck around" in if I had tons of money $$. :biggrin:

So what's this i hear about a GTR being driving in a Chicago winter and where they use salt like its going outta style?

I pity the fool, who cant afford a "daily driver winter beater" after his purchase of a gtr.:frown:

1. Thanks to Daley, the city cut down on salt use.
2. What's wrong with using a GTR as a winter beater?

ha. I actually have a friend rocking a GTR in the winter with his stock wheels and all seasons. LM's in the summer... just because he can.

GTR Fail.

attachment.php

This has to be a photoshop!

I always thought that car looked like a pig. It is ugly, heavy, and enormous. Pass. :cool:

I've met a few people that don't have much of a budget they need to stay within. Maybe the GT-R is his winter beater?

I admire what it is capable of, but the looks do take a lot of getting used to. It's a car, it goes real fast around corners and in a straight line which is what you want a fast car to do right?

I am nowhere near the kind of budget it takes to even get a used one, so no point in hating on it.

P

Has anyone mentioned it is almost 1000 pounds heavier than an NSX? I am at 2950 right now with just a few weight reduction mods.

This car could have been AMAZING had some bean counter or marketing manager not ruined it. It went from this:

nissan+skyline+gt+r+concept.jpg

To this:

nissan_gtr_02.jpg

Back