• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTR... Can't do it

PUREVIL, dude you have nothing but toys and they are all black, that is super cool :smile:
Do i sense the Chris angel thing going on here:biggrin:

Im not sure if I posted this..... and in fact after checking the stats the R34 isnt that much smaller than a R35...

2009 GTR
Dimensions:
4655mm(183.2 in) L
1370mm(53.9 in) H
1895mm(74.6 in) W
Weight is 1740 kg /3836 lbs ( 1730 with titanium muffer - 3814 lbs)

'99 R34
Dimensions
Length4600 mm / 181.1 in
Height1360 mm / 53.5 in
Width1785 mm / 70.3 in
Weight1540 kg / 3395 lbs

oh noes 2.1in longer, .4in taller 4.3in wider

You would think that, but the difference is dramatic. The R35 is HUGE.

GTR%20is%20HUGE%202.jpg
post-24902-1199769661.jpg
post-24902-1199769673.jpg

You would think that, but the difference is dramatic. The R35 is HUGE.

[IG]http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/02/GTR%20is%20HUGE%202.jpg[/IMG][IG]http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/post-24902-1199769661.jpg[/IMG][IG]http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/post-24902-1199769673.jpg[/IMG]
I think those are photoshopped honestly..... .4 inches would barely be noticable from that distance..... 4 inches in width wouldnt be that drastic too.

tumblr_ldp25ifnqD1qadhsdo1_500.jpg

These pics my not be to good to use since they are both modded and one could be lower than the other, but you get the point.

impp_0910_02_z+2002_nissan_skyline_r34+rear_view.jpg

2fba6adb5879d27c7d4c7b22bfd01bb04.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread is now 12 pages. LOL

I like the back of the GT-R much MUCH more than the front.

I can't believe this thread is now 12 pages. LOL

I like the back of the GT-R much MUCH more than the front.

Amazing is the fact when this thread started I didn't like the r35, but now I own one! Thanks for convincing me :D

Congratulations, Oyagi
Now you will appreciate the overwhelming power always at your disposal and also enjoy one of the most refined and intelligent handling qualities ever incorporated in a 4 wheeled vehicle.

Amazing is the fact when this thread started I didn't like the r35, but now I own one! Thanks for convincing me :D

It's an awesome car. I just have a feeling if I changed my NSX for it I would miss my NSX. Hard to say though... maybe not... I just really really love my NSX.

It's an awesome car. I just have a feeling if I changed my NSX for it I would miss my NSX. Hard to say though... maybe not... I just really really love my NSX.

I am sure you would ! As good as the GTR is, dont get rid of your NSX for one. I dumped my second NSX after buying a few italian "bitches" and regretted it very badly. Got my third NSX and could not get rid of it even when I acquired the GTR. The NSX always stays. Everything else can go.

I have put at least 10k miles on a 2011 E550, loaded with P2 and every option possible, and put at least 5k miles on a 2012 E63 AMG loaded with everything except illuminated door sills.

The cars could not be any farther apart if they were a different brand altogether. The E550 is a great car in its own right, but it does not hold a candle to the E63.

On the E550, the steering is too light with no communication, the suspension is far too soft, and the transmission is not suited for any sort of aggressive driving. Personally, I would actually get an E350 > E550, as it's a better balanced car, has ample power, and gets significantly better gas mileage.

I have put at least 10k miles on a 2011 E550, loaded with P2 and every option possible, and put at least 5k miles on a 2012 E63 AMG loaded with everything except illuminated door sills.

The cars could not be any farther apart if they were a different brand altogether. The E550 is a great car in its own right, but it does not hold a candle to the E63.

On the E550, the steering is too light with no communication, the suspension is far too soft, and the transmission is not suited for any sort of aggressive driving. Personally, I would actually get an E350 > E550, as it's a better balanced car, has ample power, and gets significantly better gas mileage.

OK great. But what does this have to do with anything. LOL... you're like the blonde chick that tells a story and you keep waiting for it to go somewhere and it never does... Hahah I'm like ok, here comes the GTR part and it never did. :biggrin:

OK great. But what does this have to do with anything. LOL... you're like the blonde chick that tells a story and you keep waiting for it to go somewhere and it never does... Hahah I'm like ok, here comes the GTR part and it never did. :biggrin:

LOL we get it he likes his E550 but who cares - it's just another family sedan!

We are talking performance cars and the only ones that can be mentioned with a GTR are AMG cars, M-cars, and some select cars.

Yes I have a CT200h hybrid and it gets 47mpg, LOL I don't think anyone here cares.....:biggrin:

No man I wasn't trying to make fun or be mean, I like a lot of MB's and now his post added to my knowledge base, but it's was just a a funny post because I just can't understand how it related to the conversation. Hlakhani I hope you know I was just kidding with my comments.

I think the part that would get me about ditching a NSX for any car is that wonderful depreciation curve that the NSX isn't subject to. You have to think that you'll lose roughly 30k in 4 years on a GTR, and that beautiful NSX that you sold is probably worth more now than when you sold it 4 years prior.

I know that argument is beat into the ground but it was my #1 hesitation when I briefly decided to sell, thank god I came to my senses.

The numbers by the sheet and in real world are amazing for the GTR. But it just doesn't have that wow factor that you can get with other cars. Namely why the NSX still stays true to our hearts.

Besides the NSX, what else would you guys get other than the GTR in that price range? I see a lot of panamera choices. Some may prefer the M3 or M5, 911, or maybe even a z06 or viper (for more driver's feel). I have thought about what I would get over a GTR and it's hard to come up with anything other than the NSX. Maybe I am no thinking hard enough haha.

I think 911 TT is the best candidate, has both performance and reputation. Looks good for folks in their 40's and above. NSX is great for enthusiasts in their 30's or below - just my opinion.

Last edited:
I think 911 TT is the best candidate, has both performance and reputation. Looks good for folks in their 40's and above. NSX is great for enthusiasts in their 30's or below - just my opinion.

lol..on what do you base your opinion of age limits on car ownership:confused:

I think the part that would get me about ditching a NSX for any car is that wonderful depreciation curve that the NSX isn't subject to. You have to think that you'll lose roughly 30k in 4 years on a GTR, and that beautiful NSX that you sold is probably worth more now than when you sold it 4 years prior.

I know that argument is beat into the ground but it was my #1 hesitation when I briefly decided to sell, thank god I came to my senses.

Yea ? My 09 GTR was delivered August 2nd, 2008,(4years and 2 months ago) MSRP $72,600. It now has 26k miles, it is now probably worth anywhere between $62K and $65k. Less than $10k in 50 months, that is less than 15% in 4 years. But real car people, especially enthusiasts and performance drivers dont buy cars based on depreciation. Only cigar-smoking guysin Gucci loafers do; you know, the ones who talk cars in parking lots.:smile:

I've logged 1200 kms so far in my week of ownership and so far I'm really impressed. Zero buyers remorse, no regrets AT ALL about selling the NSX. I'm actually very surprised to feel this way after all I've read over the years on Prime from people who are on their 2nd and 3rd+ NSXs. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few years. The car gets A LOT of attention everywhere it goes. It's comparable to my old done up NSX. It hauls ass, fits my kids (aged 4-11) comfortably in the rear and just commands major respect everywhere it goes. Last night my wife and I went out on a date night. I parked the GTR and walked 3 spaces down the street to buy a parking stub. Came back and she was surrounded by 7 people asking questions. She was laughing at the attention :)

I'm sure I'll pick up another nsx some day but right now with my family situation this is the perfect choice.

I love the fact that suddenly every car on the road looks slow to me.

Yea ? My 09 GTR was delivered August 2nd, 2008,(4years and 2 months ago) MSRP $72,600. It now has 26k miles, it is now probably worth anywhere between $62K and $65k. Less than $10k in 50 months, that is less than 15% in 4 years. But real car people, especially enthusiasts and performance drivers dont buy cars based on depreciation. Only cigar-smoking guysin Gucci loafers do; you know, the ones who talk cars in parking lots.:smile:

The point I was making was that I would have a hard time ditching car A for car B for that reason. A complimentary car? yes, but not a replacement. especially when he would be letting go of an NSX that nice. Not saying its the end all deal breaker but it would be tough 4-5 years down the road and see that you have a car that has been dropping for years and the other increasing since you sold it. In clear numbers you could see the margin and decide for yourself if the satisfaction was worth it.

As far as pricing, you're right... I guess I forgot the early ones sold for that little, but now that the new ones are selling at 100k you know that they will see a little harder hit.

I wish the GTR came in a true manual. Would love to own one as a dd/winter warrior

More fuel for the fire???!

470212_10151771335245727_574530726_24513670_810514847_o.jpg

IMG-20110507-00078.jpg

IMG-20110507-00081.jpg

35195_10150228812935181_831935180_13653385_2309380_n.jpg

Congratulations Oyagi!! Can you please start a new thread and give us a detailed review and Pics after you put some miles in it.

Dave.... I officially hate you.:wink: It is because of this thread I am thinking of adding a GTR to my collection!

Back