• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Häagen-Dazs ice-cream fans out there?

I'm stitting here with a cup of Häagen-Dazs ice-cream and could die for it. Anyone also a fan of it?

its good stuff because it has less air and water than standard icecream..kinda like coldstone and good gelato.

That's true. I also think it contains less sugar than other ice-cream.

Oh Yeah!! Haagen Dazs FTW.

I'm a huge fan of their Cookies and Cream flavor. So much so that I became upset after visiting the local Safeway over and over again only to find they never stocked the Cookies and Cream flavor. So I wrote to Haggen Dazs and guess what...........they stock Cookies and Cream now. :biggrin:

Yep, it's my favorite brand. I'll get a scoop or two about twice a year in Laguna Beach. It's always hard to decide what flavor. I love their chocolates but also butter toffee and the coffee flavored ones.

Yep, it's my favorite brand. I'll get a scoop or two about twice a year in Laguna Beach. It's always hard to decide what flavor. I love their chocolates but also butter toffee and the coffee flavored ones.

Twice a year?? Your not a fan if you only have a scoop twice a year.

154 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach CA 92651

Laguna Beach is a fun place to visit just to look around the shops. The beach is really nice and right across the street from this store.
Thank you very much, this is definitely appreciated. :smile:

P.S.--Would you know any good restaurants to try in the general area? I'm not looking to spend $40 a plate, but I'm ok with up to $25±. Thanks again.
(Apologies for the thread hi-jack, oops!)

Last edited:
Thank you very much, this is definitely appreciated. :smile:

P.S.--Would you know any good restaurants to try in the general area? I'm not looking to spend $40 a plate, but I'm ok with up to $25±. Thanks again.
(Apologies for the thread hi-jack, oops!)

One I like that's quite close to the ice cream store (across the street and north one block) is Las Brisas. You can sit outside or inside. I always have been inside and it's got a gorgeous view of the coast right out the window. I've gone there for special occasions about 6 times. If you sit outside I believe they have a different menu and there are no reservations for those tables.

Häagen-Dazs...

what a brilliant marketing name that means absolutely nothing

Funny, here is what Wiki had to say about the name:

The name Häagen-Dazs is simply two made-up words meant to look Scandinavian to American eyes—although in fact, the digraphs "äa" and "zs" are not part of any native words in any of the Scandinavian languages. This practice is known in the marketing industry as foreign branding. Mattus thought that Denmark was known for its dairy products and had a positive image in the U.S.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-3">[4]</sup> He included an outline map of Denmark on early labels, as well as the name of Copenhagen.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-4">[5]</sup> His daughter Doris Hurley reported in the PBS documentary An Ice Cream Show (1999) that her father sat at the kitchen table for hours saying nonsensical words until he came up with a combination he liked. The reason he chose this method was so that the name would be unique and original.

Just wondering what other nonsensical words he was saying before he came up with Häagen Dazs. :)

Back