• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Had problems starting when engine still warm

I have been having a problem starting my '91 nsx after the engine is already warm. The gas pump would prime as normal, but it sounded like there were bubbles in the line.

I called my nsx mechanic at my local Acura dealership. His first question was what kind of gas I was putting in the car, I told him supreme, but was not a well know gas station. He said use a named brand instead and see if the problem persists.

So far no problems. He told me he was getting more cars coming in with the same problem. He said it might be the type of additives that are used during the winter is some gasoline products, that is making more gases in the line.

Just thought I would post this just in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I'm a firm believer in the gas additive Chevron Techron (available at most auto parts stores). It keeps the lines, injectors and fuel pump clean. If the problem returns try running a bottle of it through the tank. IMHO it should be used once a year -every year.

Back