• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has Dali Racing (Mark Johnson) ripped you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a little late to jump in, but up till now I have always had quick email response from Mark and quick deliveries as well. And I'm ordering from Europe, not exactly next door if you are in San Diego.
Also, Mark has taken time to find out the best or cheapest way to ship my items even though.

Hell no! Mark is great!

he knows what he is talking about, is funny, and always has great product & shipping....

------------------
On my 4th one! Love these cars!!

1995 red/black
1992 black/black
1991 red/black
1993 black/black

I believe it is time we close this forum or to better reflect the contents, ask the administrator to change the heading to: How very satisfied we are with DaliRacing ......

wink.gif

I agree with closing this thread

------------------
White 1992
Dali Intake,
Dali Sway Bars,
H & R Springs,
Slotted Rotors,
Comptech Exhaust,
BBSC

I am a bit disconcerted...I just made my first order with Dali...and then I came across this thread. I only ordered a shift knob $75. I am I gonna see it anytime soon? Since it is a very small order, and I am a first time customer; I can understand the lower priority from the guys buying multiple high ticket items. From the details posted here, it sounds like small ticket items take a back seat to big ticket item...especially to repeat customers. Please correct me. It would make me feel a lot better...especially in the future for buying big ticket items.

Thanks

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

Todd - I doubt you have anythig to worry about. I ordered a part last week that was a mere $8.50 and it arrived within a few days from when I put the check in tha mail. If there are any delays, perhaps it is because of the extra mailing burden during the holidays.

BTW - I too agree with closing this thread. It had been done so on the other forum.

Ordered window thingies in early '02, and received them promptly. Ordered a cupholder in October '02, paid through Paypal. He emailed me within a couple of days, and said he was having problems with one of his vendors who make a part for the cupholder, and it would be a few weeks. OK, I have no problem waiting a few weeks.

It is now January 1, '03 and he has not responded to any of the three emails I sent him in December asking for a status. And he already has my money! It appears, based on previous posts in this thread, that the cupholder is a problem for him. If he could just give me the common courtesy of a response of ANY kind, I would be glad to work with him to resolve this issue. But my requests for information have been ignored. Don't know what to do next, but I sure ain't happy at this point!!

i have ordered a couple things from dali and have been extremely pleased... prompt email responses and prompt shipment.
however, i don't know how my good experience makes up for other peoples' bad ones. this is the perfect forum for the nsx community to evaluate vendors. why are some of you knocking those who've had bad transactions? state whether your purchase was + or - and let the votes speak for themselves.

[QUOTE)this is the perfect forum for the nsx community to evaluate vendors. why are some of you knocking those who've had bad transactions? state whether your purchase was + or - and let the votes speak for themselves.[/B][/QUOTE]
................................................................................
I agree. I tried to run a survey to rank the best NSX vendor, but was met with hostility and vulgarities. Never experienced this with the BMW forum and I was always under the impression that we, NSX owners, had more class. My assessment of this behavior is that the NSX price has now become affordable to more people that are on a limited budget. Mark offers the cheapest pricing, which makes him popular. There's nothing wrong with that, but forum members insulting fellow members who are not happy with Mark's service is ridiculous!

I had a problem a while ago with Dali racing.It took about a year(not joking) to get a hood back from him that i had dropped off at his shop to have a scoop put in. Never answered my emails for 6 months(maybe 7). If I had known about his shoddy customer service before hand i probably wouldn't have been so annoyed about it.But the nsx list I was on made him sound like the greatest guy to deal with in the world.
Did I learn a lesson! I have a few mods on my car and will add more in the future but they will not be from Dali Racing.
I would rather pay double to someone else than place another order with Him
Just one man's opinion
Flame away Dali Fan Club
Paul M
Oh yeah the rod to hold the hood up must still be in transit

my order from Dali, which took 2 1/2 months to travel by sea, arrived intact. I felt Mark did a good job and responded to all enquires before and after the order/payment was rendered. I will deal with him again without any reservations irrespective of the comments raised on this thread. Mark is just a regular vendor, one should expect no more than a decent transaction.

good experience here also. My friend that had ordered some rims from Mark had good experience too.

Originally posted by Bob:
This posting is to help the San Diego Police Department and the IFCCFBI.org in gathering names of customers who have not got their products or money owed to them by Dali Racing (Mark Johnson). If you are one of those unlucky people post your response here with your email and contact info if you like and it will be turned over to the San Diego Police department to be used in the ongoing investigation.

If this was actually true, you know how stupid you look advertising this to everone.

MARK JOHNSON IS A GREAT AND TRUSTWORTHY GUY!!! WRONG< BOY WAS I WRONG!

!!!!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!

A YEAR AND STILL WAITING ON MY CUSTOM MUFFLER SET-UP.

$500 set-back

Last edited:
I am another satisfied customer. Mark responds to my emails in a VERY timely manner, and he often ships out items to me before he even receives payment! And I have ALWAYS received items purchased within a few days, EVEN WHEN I LIVED IN HAWAII. This thread needs to be closed. He is one of the classiest and most trustworthy vendors/enthusiasts out there.

100% satisfied in my dealings with Mark/Dali racing.

Bob, I do not know what your problem was. However, any business can make a mistake from time to time. I'm sure that Mark is not perfect. From the posts that I've read, it sounds like Mark's track record is as good as it can get.

I've ordered from Mark 3 or 4 times, and every single time it has been complete satisfaction.

I live in the UK and I have spent over $7000 at Dali over the last year receiving around 15 seperate packages, every thing I have ever asked of him he has delivered with professionalism, humour, politeness and courtesy as well as an abundance of free advice. some parts take longer than others due to lead time/manufacturing delays etc - this is the nature of the custom made items that Mark is good enough to provide for the community. I can honestly say that I have NEVER found a business or vendor more honest, helpful or fun to do business with as Mark/Dali - he is a credit to the community.
I would speculate that one possible reason that emails may be ignored by Mark is that I know he has low/zero tolerance for abusive/deadbeat comments, so if your email tend to read along the lines of 'hey jerk, where's my f***ing stuff' you can expect it to go straight in the bin where it belongs - don't flame me on this - I'm not saying that anyone in this thread has sent such emails, I'm just saying that IF communication of that nature was sent then I would not be surprised if it were binned/ignored.

In summary - Dali Racing is the best
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ctrlaltdelboy (edited 22 February 2003).]

My first experience with MJ/Dali was less than stellar. I ordered the cupholder, B/O for months, his replies (or lack thereof) to my inquiries were not what I would call good customer service. But I waited because I still wanted the cupholder. Finally his vendor delivered the missing part and I received my cupholder, I was very pleased with it. When it was time to order Bilstien shocks, his price was the lowest I could find. I checked with MJ on availability, he said he had them in stock, I ordered, and they arrived within a few days. I was pleased. When the time comes for me to upgrade my brakes, I expect to place another order with MJ, but only after checking on availability first as his response to inquires regarding B/O is less than stellar.

It seems as if that itty-bitty item causes the most headaches for MJ. JMHO.

BTW, just to reiterate....I have had nothing but great service from Mark. Again, I'd like to say "Thanks" to him. (And, yes, I was lucky enough to have ordered that awesome cupholder when it was in stock.
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 19 March 2003).]

Originally posted by nsx4fun:
My first experience with MJ/Dali was less than stellar. I ordered the cupholder, B/O for months, his replies (or lack thereof) to my inquiries were not what I would call good customer service. But I waited because I still wanted the cupholder. Finally his vendor delivered the missing part and I received my cupholder, I was very pleased with it.

Did you get your cup holder recently?

Mine's been backordered since November. Hopefully this means I'll be getting mine soon.

MJ has given me awesome service .. but this cupholder issue has become very frustrating. And his email server always seems to be stopped up.

Besides that I have *NO* complaints.

ALIENT

I gotta chime in. Mark I have issues. How dare you give me excellent prices, ship my product extremely quick, Great service and communication. Not to mention advice before purchasing.
Well thanks for the hassles Mark.
Len
very satisfied customer.

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 26 March 2003).]

Nothing but good things to say about Mark at dali!!

Tons of help Tons of info.

!!!!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!

A YEAR AND STILL WAITING ON MY CUSTOM MUFFLER SET-UP.

$500 set-back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back