• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has Dali Racing (Mark Johnson) ripped you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some parts a few weeks ago and have not had any problems communicating with Mark. He promptly told me that the brake deflectors were backordered and would be available in a few weeks. Every time I e-mailed him he replied within five minutes of my message.

So, even though I haven't recieved my parts yet, they are enroute as I type this, Mark has done his best to keep me informed of my order.

I guess patience is an essence when ordering from Dali.

THEPOGNSXTC said:
If this was actually true, you know how stupid you look advertising this to everone.

MARK JOHNSON IS A GREAT AND TRUSTWORTHY GUY!!!
Why would he look stupid if the SD Police was actually gathering more info about Dali? In fact, your logic sounded stupid! So you think if something is indeed true, it is so so stupid to advertise it??!!
From what I have heard so far, many of you have good experiences with Dali but also a good number of people were not treated right. To me, a good vendor has to be consistent. I have heard too many complaints about Mark to consider Dali consistent.
Lud specifically created this forum for people to review their experiences with different vendors, and this is a good thing. Your good experiences with Dali do not negate or justify other's bad deals.
Steve

I have had good experiences dealing with MJ/Dali Racing.
I have been a customer for over 2 years.

This thread could piddle on forever,,I do know one thing ;if there is anyone out there who has had problems communicating with MJ,or tracking him down(he could be anywhere at anytime) just show up at xpo and I,m sure you can spend as much time with him as you want.!:p

That sounds like a good idea. I bet NSXHK would love to fly all the way here from Hong Kong to finally meet his best buddy at Sears Point. BTW, if he decides to fly here, he can certainly stay in my place to avoid further loss due to lodging and other expenses.
Steve
PS. Hey, bumble. How have you been since our meet in San Francisco?

Hello there Steve,nice to see you posting.I'm psyched that you are keeping both cars.!I'm well and the bumble is buzzing.How is the San Fran crew doing.Im hope I'll see you all at xpo.I'm looking forward to running with the fast Cali crowd!

whiteNSXs said:
Why would he look stupid if the SD Police was actually gathering more info about Dali? In fact, your logic sounded stupid! So you think if something is indeed true, it is so so stupid to advertise it??!!
From what I have heard so far, many of you have good experiences with Dali but also a good number of people were not treated right. To me, a good vendor has to be consistent. I have heard too many complaints about Mark to consider Dali consistent.
Lud specifically created this forum for people to review their experiences with different vendors, and this is a good thing. Your good experiences with Dali do not negate or justify other's bad deals.
Steve

What i was talking about that is stupid, is that if in fact someone was making a report with the police, that advertising it was dumb.The first thing the police tells you is to NOT to broadcast it, and let them ask the questions.

I personally feel that this is just a person that cant wait to get there order and want to complain about it. Sometimes people just cant jump when you say jump, and things takes time.

Once again, mark is a great guy and i have never had any kind of problems.

Thanks.

Ok I ordered that cup holder about a year ago, paid for it and have not recived it yet. Boo Hoo :rolleyes: I also spent around 5000 with him and had no problems at all. I am not going to loose some sleep over a few bucks.
Love him or hate him there are not to many like him.

prov4re said:
Ok I ordered that cup holder about a year ago, paid for it and have not recived it yet. Boo Hoo :rolleyes: I also spent around 5000 with him and had no problems at all. I am not going to loose some sleep over a few bucks.
Love him or hate him there are not to many like him.

Yea those cup holders are hard to come by, and there always on back order from what i have herd.

Good and Bad

Although I had an excellent experience with MJ, I had a friend who was utterly ripped off, it was a small dollar item but non the less I was a little surprised. I think Dali is too busy to handle the volume.

Non the less he shipped my order faster than Santa.

I ordered from Dali Racing / Mark several items. The next day I see this Post - and I'm thinking, what did I get myself into ?

I've got to say, not only did I get what I ordered very timely, but I got lots of "Free advice", he answered a bunch of questions for me and quickly.

I'll be Back !

Thanks Dali !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxlrr8

Three orders so far, and three lightning fast shipments. No worries here.

I have to chime in on this one too. Running a one man show is very difficult. I should know. I do it with Honda Parts. I try very hard to please everyone but on occasion an order slips through the cracks. No one can operate at 100%. We just try to do our very best.
I have ordered from him several times and I have been very pleased with the service and especially the knowledge.
His website is in my favorite places and it should be in all of yours.
:p

Enough is Enough

Since seeing Mark Johnson post in the marketplace for a red harness bar I did a search and came up with the thread..I thought I'd add my "wonderful experience."

I'm patient but I have yet to receive the schroth harness or EVEN an update or email that I ordered on 1/23/04. Today I sent my FIFTH request for an update.

1st Request Mon 3/8/2004 12:16 PM
2nd Request Wed 3/17/2004 10:21 AM
3rd Request Thu 3/25/2004 10:41 AM
4th Request Fri 4/2/2004 12:25PM
5th Request Wed 4/14/2004 4:24 PM

Background:

On Fri 1/23/04 10:36 AM I sent $768.53 USD payment for Racer Harness Bar and Schroth Harness.

On Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:28 PM I received this email stating that the Harness was ready but:

"I also got the "oh by the way they cost more than they did last time" surprise, so the price posted on the website was $9 less than my cost. I've edited the website to reflect the updated prices. I'll need to add $10.00 to the price you paid + shipping or I can drop you a refund less the shipping on the HBar - let me know what you would like to do.

Your "tab" is as follows:

6 point belt: $245.00
Racer harness bar: $455.00
-------------------------------
= $700.00
tax = $54.25
= $754.25 total cash / $781.40 PayPal

You paid $768.53 via PP = $12.87 due + shipping

Shipping the H bar was $16.58
Shipping on the belt will be:
UPS Ground
Guaranteed by: By End of Day $9.10
Wednesday February 11, 2004

So the total due via PP is:

$12.87
$16.58
$9.10
-------------
= $38.55

---END OF MARK'S EMAIL---

On Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:55 AM I sent the remaining $38.55

While writing this post I discovered that I paid a total of 807.08!!!! $42.83 MORE than what I've come up with...Please check my math but:

$245.00 Belt
$10 Belt Cost Increase
$455.00 Harness Bar
$54.25 Tax
$16.58 Harness Shipping
$9.10 Belt Shipping
$764.25 Total

This was my first (and will be my last) transaction with Dali/Mark

I have lost almost $500 with mark johnson. Its been over a year and im still waiting on the completion of my custom muffler set-up.

Maybe everyone should get together that has been ripped off, and take leagle action against him. I know I am!

Funny thing is that if you call dali, they will tell you he is just another person that comes in and makes orders from them.

I dont know about you guys, but im not just going to take this as a loss and forget about it.

Im going to get my money back, one way or the other.

Last edited:
Hey Pog, weren't you guy attempting to rip off buyers of a certain set of wheels? That was funny.:rolleyes:

Ponyboy said:
Hey Pog, weren't you guy attempting to rip off buyers of a certain set of wheels? That was funny.:rolleyes:

I didnt rip anyone off, i just didnt have the same brand tires on the back and on the front and people made a huge deal out of it.

I sold the rims and tires as a set. I charged $600 less than what the rims went for new, and the tires were bassically being thrown in for free.

They rims were flawless, and the tires were just dirrernt brands.....

Last edited:
hardtopguy said:
I have to chime in on this one too. Running a one man show is very difficult. I should know. I do it with Honda Parts. I try very hard to please everyone but on occasion an order slips through the cracks. No one can operate at 100%. We just try to do our very best.
I have ordered from him several times and I have been very pleased with the service and especially the knowledge.
His website is in my favorite places and it should be in all of yours.
:p

My take on the situation is, if you can't keep up with orders, hire someone. if you can't offer customer service, don't work in the customer service field.

it's asinine to justify his practices by saying that it's hard to run a one man business. that's ridiculous.

and, intentionally NOT refunding people money that is rightfully theirs, or not providing products or services for something that was PAID for is not a product of being too overwhelmed. that is clearly a criminal act.

i am even getting tired of talking about this topic, but it never ceases to amaze me how some other victim comes out of the woodwork.

if this thread is about people who have had problems with Mark, then why do people feel so obliged to defend him? that's great that some of you have not had problems, but, the fact is A LOT of us have had problems, and that speaks for itself. in my book, if you rip ONE person off, that's still a crime. do you guys think we are lying?

I have read endless info about how Mark is a crook. Why is it he has been able to display his wares at NSXPO when so many folks are ready to remove his privates? Is he doing something right? Are they not satisfied or other issues exist? General Input appreciated.

If I was short changed by him, I would make it a point to go to NSXPO and find out why. Face to face.

What a JOKE???

Mark is a complete joke. If you look at his web site it is funny how he tries to put down his competitors publicly instead of pushing his own merits of his products. It is also a wonder that he never acknowledges any of these so called wrong doings he has caused.

As a person he must feel on par with leeches and cockroaches.

If the guy shows up at the NSXPO 2004 there should be an organized discussion on how he has/or hasn't screwed people. The community than could judge with numerous opinions there in front of them.

Realize you are doing business with someone with which you will have a hard time getting your money back from if things go wrong. With all the hassles one goes through on a daily basis wouldn't you want to deal with a vendor who does what they say.
When it come down to it your reputation is critical in business.
Enron and Worldcom crooks come and go.

Vendors that rip people off should be shunned like the plague. Owning a NSX is a blessing and modifying a NSX brings a lot of people happiness.

Have you ever had anything stolen from you?? Have you ever had your car, or home broken into?? Do you remember the anger and sadness this created??

By giving your money to a CHEAT, LIAR, AND LOWLIFE you are supporting a person that hurts other fellow NSXers. By not doing business with that person you hit that person where it hurts most (the pocket book)... Stand up fellow NSXers and put this person where he belongs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back