• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have your NSX Rated!

Hello friends

I have a little site started that I want you guys n gals to be a part of.

I have started www.ImportRater.com and have a few local pals that are going to get help me get it kick started this weekend. I would LOVE for all of you to register and upload a pic to have it rated. Its all tongue in cheek fun so I look forward to seeing you guys on there!

matt

I read the front page of the website and I noticed what I think is an error. It says that picture files must be smaller than 1024 bytes.. 1Kb? Isn't that smaller than an avatar?

uhhh, I dunno. I'm not really that interested about putting my car on a site I don't know personally and telling the whole world what I have in it. Just seems like you could be giving a would be thief a shopping list.:frown:

I think thats taking it a bit too far as far as being a shopping list for thieves. As a matter of fact anyone with your IP address can trace you down if they really wanted too etc but you dont have to plug in any personal info. Its supposed to be a fun site.

Link is up and running :)

matt

V12Kid said:
I think thats taking it a bit too far as far as being a shopping list for thieves. As a matter of fact anyone with your IP address can trace you down if they really wanted too etc but you dont have to plug in any personal info. Its supposed to be a fun site.

Link is up and running :)

matt
Obviously I don't think that is taking it a bit to far. If I wanted everyone to know what my car had in it or done to it I would make a list and put it on the window.
Either way, good luck with the site.

92NSX said:
Obviously I don't think that is taking it a bit to far. If I wanted everyone to know what my car had in it or done to it I would make a list and put it on the window.
Either way, good luck with the site.

This maybe true, but in a matter of minutes I found that you have tinted windows, 6K HID headlights, Wingswest Rear Spats and eagerly want a leather interior. You grew up in Atlanta...you get the idea. :wink:

I of course am just having a little fun here, as, a friend of mine who was a former owner of a 97 M3 had suspicions that his breakin was due to posting too much information about his car online. I won't bore you with the details, but lets just say that several days after posting a picture of his car, and recieving several questionable PM's from a member, his car was misssing a few parts. :eek:

ur site is loading very slow for one.

now im not trying to slam you or anything, i think your idea is very creative, but its not genuine. i think your just doing what is already out there. for instance CarDomain.com

you should consider what your site offers apart from such mainstream sites. other than that it just looks like another ricer forum. no offense.

im learning all this from my own faults in the past. i mean "urbanracingvidz.com" - WTF was i thinking???? :biggrin:

well site is now a forum for car owners in vancouver, picking up slowly, unlike before where it had nearly zero content. but really, i turned it into a forum a week ago because i have like 4 month left on this account, and i at least wanted a little content than before :). this wasn't a serious project from the beginning.

anyways, i hope that you do not take any offense by this post, im just sharing my personal experiences and the lessons i've gained, and still gaining....

good luck

Last edited:
Back