• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headroom - Coupe vs. Targa?

jwc

Registered Member
Hi,

I used to own a '98 NSX-T and recently purchased a '91 coupe. Although it's been 5 years since I last drove the targa, it seems like my 6'-1"+ frame has no headroom in the coupe, whereas the targa seemed a little less crowded (yes I had the targa top ON most of the time). I know I haven't gotten any taller in the last five years.

Thanks to all for any input! :smile:

Huh :confused: I bought a coupe because the targa didn't have enough head room for me.

??? i have plenty of room in my targa and i am over 6'1'. the coupe i sat in was lower. maybe the seats are lower?

I've owned both and I don't remember any difference. But I am only 5'9" so what the heck do I know.

I am also in the "odd" group who thinks that T has more headroom.
I went from T -> Coupe -> T and always felt that T had more headroom.

Ditto...went from 99T->91 coupe & gained more headroom (esp. helps with aftermarket seats and helmet).

Here in Santa Barbara I've only ever seen a couple of NSX's in all the years that I've lived here. Hopefully I can find an NSX-T to sit in and do a side-by-side headroom check.

Smaller sun visors in T gives it an illusion that you have more head room.:biggrin:

You can look at side by side pics of coupes and targas. The coupe has a more rounded roofline than the targa, which has to fit flat into the engine compartment. Coupe has at least a little more....

Agreed, more headroom in a coupe.

Could you have grown:D:D:D?? j/k

Regards,
LarryB

The only thing still growing is the hole in my pocket from buying so many mods for my car:biggrin:

I am 6'3" and when I sit in a "T" my head touches the roof, on a coupe I can just feel my hair touching, which equates to around a half an inch clearance.

I've owned a '91 and now have a '97. I also think that the coupe has more head room.

I am 6'3" and when I sit in a "T" my head touches the roof, on a coupe I can just feel my hair touching, which equates to around a half an inch clearance.

What happens when you go over a speed bump?

What happens when you go over a speed bump?

I avoid those if possible :smile: Otherwise nice and slow, no hop.

Back