• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello Prime

Hey guys.

Been lurking on here for a while, making a random post here and there. Figured it was time to share. At first, I couldn't even decide on what color I wanted (I was leaning towards white), but when I saw this one I knew this was it. Picked her up from Florida a couple months ago and drove back to northern Ohio without a hiccup. Been smiles ever since. :biggrin::biggrin:

Arya.jpg

Congrats! I wasn't originally much of a brooklands green fan, but the more I see them in photos and in person, the better and better they look to me! Beautiful cars, classic and timeless design and color :)

Welcome! Any more pics you can share? Is the interior tan or black? What year, etc? How's she drive compared to the other cars you've owned? :)

She's a '94, just under 90k miles, and a tan interior. The one thing I knew for sure was that I wanted a coupe and flip up lights. It helped narrow it down a bit. My other car is an '11 A4 and there's really no competition. The Audi is just huge in comparison, and while they're both comfy and fun to drive, after the X the Audi is just uninspiring. And, for some reason I'm starting to develop a dislike for power steering. :smile:

This is pretty much all I have for pictures - a problem I'm going to have to fix soon.

20130915_103557.jpg
20130907_190251.jpg
20130917_162557.jpg

green + tan = win

seconded on the power steering - once I got a taste of the NSX's manual rack, I just could *not* go back! In the NSX, you feel like you are moving the front wheels with your own hands, whereas in power steering cars, you're telling the car where to go and waiting for it to obey.. wait 'till you try a lotus elise, the manual racks on those *really* come alive and squirm in your hand at 70+mph!

These NSX'es are phenomenal cars, nothing else like it on the road. Enjoy!!

Congrats on the purchase - great looking NSX. Have only seen one Brooklands Green in person and it is stunning. Bet it was a great experience to make the ride from FL to OH - will always be a great memory. Enjoy the car!

green + tan = win

seconded on the power steering - once I got a taste of the NSX's manual rack, I just could *not* go back! In the NSX, you feel like you are moving the front wheels with your own hands, whereas in power steering cars, you're telling the car where to go and waiting for it to obey.. wait 'till you try a lotus elise, the manual racks on those *really* come alive and squirm in your hand at 70+mph!

These NSX'es are phenomenal cars, nothing else like it on the road. Enjoy!!

I had read that it would be like driving a big go kart - and that's totally true. That Lotus is probably just like driving a rocket kart in its own right.

Congrats on the purchase - great looking NSX. Have only seen one Brooklands Green in person and it is stunning. Bet it was a great experience to make the ride from FL to OH - will always be a great memory. Enjoy the car!

The trip was awesome - but we learned quite quickly that its hard to sleep in a car when the seats don't recline.

I don't know. I used to have a 78 Datsun 280Z with no PS, and it was a beeyotch to wrestle with the steering wheel in tight parking lots or parallel parking. PS all the way for me.

Hey guys.

Been lurking on here for a while, making a random post here and there. Figured it was time to share. At first, I couldn't even decide on what color I wanted (I was leaning towards white), but when I saw this one I knew this was it. Picked her up from Florida a couple months ago and drove back to northern Ohio without a hiccup. Been smiles ever since. :biggrin::biggrin:

View attachment 107966

Congratulations and enjoyed your posts and pics.

More NSX's in to OH and MI please :biggrin:

Welcome to Prime. Agreed, it's great to see another Ohio NSX, Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably a wuss but I like the variable power steering on my 2000. It just makes going through the coffee drive thru and parking so much easier. I remember my 92 and it got to me a bit. Of course once moving I like it to be just me and the wheels.

Love the green btw; congrats. Of course there isn't a color I don't like...

well the power assist cuts out after about 15-20 mph.....so at speed no difference in feel.Oh and what color is your roof?:wink:

well the power assist cuts out after about 15-20 mph.....so at speed no difference in feel.Oh and what color is your roof?:wink:

I meant more of power-steering sports cars in general :) But yeah, I guess that's why Honda went with EPS in the power-steering models, so that they could cut out the assist without the pesky hydraulics still in the way mucking up feel :) I'll have to try driving one sometime, I have not yet had the pleasure of tasting an EPS-rack'ed NSX!

@Ric: I think the 280Z might be a bit different without power assist steering, as the engine sits up front and over the front wheels. The NSX has very little weight up front, so I've read/heard the effort at low speeds / standstills are still considerably lower than on a non-assisted front-engined car.

I do love my manual rack though (loved it in the '05 elise, love it in the '91 nsx), my scrawny arms need a workout anyway :D

Last edited:
Back