• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! Braskes just went out!

Help! Brakes just went out!

This mornings I was driving around town and as I pulled into a retail parking lot my brake pedal went "mush". I guess I somewhat expected something to happen since my ABS modulator has been "chirping away" the last few weeks, particularly when I first start up the car in the morning .....and even sometimes while I have been driving around town. Before any of you ask whether I have been excercising my ABS the answer is YES....about once a month I lock up my brakes to allow the ABS to kick in. I have been doing this ever since my brakes went out on me last year in Dallas at NXSPO. So actually this is the second time in 12 moths that this has happened. Last year Goodsen Acura replaced my Brake slave/master cylinder and bled my ABS and brake lines.

Based on what has happen here to me what advice do any of you have? Is it time to replace my ABS Modulator or could it be something more simple? If it is a matter of air in my lines....how could this happen? Or is this something that can not happen?

Looking for any advice....already have a call into Barn Man.

Hope you all are having a better weekend than I am having!

Chris
91 NSX

Last edited:
Back