• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help Paris If You Can

First off, this thread is about a female dog, just not the one whose last name is Hilton.

4112615_320X240.jpg

I feel really guilty even posting this, so I apologize for appearing greedy.

Anyway this is a very touching story, and if you're an animal lover like me, I believe it will reach you too.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4113356/detail.html

Paris, a 7-week-old Chihuahua, has crippled front legs that are severely deformed and prevent her from walking like a normal dog, according to the animal shelter. Without surgery, she'll live with severe pain for her entire life.

Treatment options for Paris may include expensive surgery, padded clothing or a special cart to aid her mobility.

"I would love to see Paris as well cared for as the real Paris Hilton’s Chihuahua, Tinkerbell,” said the humane society's Teresa Setter.

Setter said that Paris was abandoned by her owners shortly after her birth and that the staff at the shelter are trying to provide her with something approaching a normal dog's life.

Pictures of Paris

I know this doesn't have the magnitude of Prime's Bikes for Kids, or the Tsunami situation, but as a dog lover and current chihuahua owner myself, I feel very connected to this cause and I hope some of you animal lovers will too. I've already made a small donation and even mentioned it was on behalf of myself - an NSXPrime member. I'll continue to do so on a weekly basis just because it means that much to me. I know we have some very charitable people here on Prime so if you guys can find it in your heart to help this cause, even if as little as ten dollars, - well - I don't even know how to express my thanks.

If you wish to donate, you can send a check to:

North County Humane Society
C/o The Paris Fund
2905 San Luis Rey Road
Oceanside, CA 92054

or do what I did and do it online by going to the site www.nchumane.org/home/ and scroll down to the Network for Good icon
donatenowlogo.gif
, enter your info as well as "Paris Fund" in the fields.

Again I apologize for the solicitation type nature this thread has to those who perceive it in that way.

Thank you so much for your time.
JC

Churchills parrot was also on nearly every channel and was a hoax. If something is on NBC that doesn't mean too much.

On the website of Teresa Setters organisation here is nothing about that dog.

And: Isn't it weired that a chihuahua is called Paris when Paris Hilton owns a chihuahua too (okay with a different name: Tinkerbell)?

Back