• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HELP! Which Fuel injector cleaner?!?!

I have read every thread and am unable to find a concrete answer to the question of whether or not, and if yes which fuel injector cleaner to use. I use Sunoco 94 octane only.

Please advise, and thanks!

Jay
91 silver/ivory 48K
89 Accord LXI
73 Roadrunner

Redline Fuel System Cleaner about $4.95 a bottle I order it from ogracing.com I believe Mark Basch once said this is the only Cleaner he ever uses.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

jmjrdh1 said:
I have read every thread and am unable to find a concrete answer to the question of whether or not, and if yes which fuel injector cleaner to use. I use Sunoco 94 octane only.

Please advise, and thanks!

Jay
91 silver/ivory 48K
89 Accord LXI
73 Roadrunner

RC
http://www.rceng.com/

I f you car is an older one this is the way to go

Best Regards David

BG44k. It is supposed to be similar to techron but in a pure - full strength formula.

Re: Re: HELP! Which Fuel injector cleaner?!?!

BadCarma said:
RC
http://www.rceng.com/

I f you car is an older one this is the way to go

Best Regards David

I was looking at doing this. It does not looks like getting the injectors out is a problem, how much is the new seal kits for the injectors? Also, how did your car feel after the RC cleaning?

its 25-28 dollars per injector and RC replace's the seals if they need it. you can expect about 10 cc increase and about .8 difference between injectors after cleaning which is excellent. no way any additive will get you this type of cleaning not to mention calibration between injectors for even ratios across the board.

best regards david

Steven Spanbauer said:
Redline Fuel System Cleaner about $4.95 a bottle I order it from ogracing.com I believe Mark Basch once said this is the only Cleaner he ever uses.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I do use Redline excluselively, but I also sell the stuff. I have found it to work as well or better than anything else on the market. If I was out of Redline, I would use Techron.

Be carefull NOT TO do the "if one is good, two is better" thing. Using too much, or mixing it too concentrated can damage cat cons.

I have never seen a car do the RC or CT off the car cleaning run any differantly subjectively or thru infrared (emmissions machine) analysis. If a car has a clogged injector, that would be a different story. I would use the in the tank PM every 6 or 8 tanks.

MB

Tobal said:
I use Chevron Techron injector cleaner for my car
I thought you Chevron die hards bought the gas because it had the injector cleaner in it. :confused: Why waste more $$$ on injector cleaner?? Or is the big Chevron additive not doing the job.:rolleyes:

I use STP fuel injector cleaner with Advanced Clean Technology. It does make my car idle more stable after a full tank fuel, but still not solving the problem I have on my 92 Auto :mad:

From what I understand, no additive in anybodys fuel is strong enough... but that little bit does help. That's why I supplement it with a bottle of Techron every tank before an oil change... like what Mr. Basch said... it's a preventive maintenance thing....

POWERED by HONDA said:
From what I understand, no additive in anybodys fuel is strong enough... ....
thats what I have heard , I would also like to see the before and after rc report for 92's injectors posted here as I sold him them .I bought them for myself here on prime to send to rc and keep down time at a minimal but ended up getting some 360cc jdm sir high flows (2 sets) and going with them.I have seen a half a dozen rc reports and want to see how close these are to the before and afters that have been done already,the ones 92 got I think had 70k on them per the guy that sold em to me ,they came out during a BBSC install party. for me RC is the only way to go with used injectors,both danO and ed klemz had theirs done and with impressive results.both have their reports posted on thier web sites
David

Thanks a bunch for all of your help! If anyone can elaborate on the results of the RC fuel injector cleaning service before/after effects that would be awesome. Now the big question:

How frequently should one perform this service?

Every 10K? 20K?
Or maybe on a timed basis like every other year?

Thanks again!

Jay
91 silver/ivory
89 accord
73 roadrunner

jmjrdh1 said:
Thanks a bunch for all of your help! If anyone can elaborate on the results of the RC fuel injector cleaning service before/after effects that would be awesome. Now the big question:

How frequently should one perform this service?

Every 10K? 20K?
Or maybe on a timed basis like every other year?

Thanks again!

Jay
91 silver/ivory
89 accord
73 roadrunner

RC states the recommended milage to have the service done,if you appear to be having fuel system problems I would not hesitate to clean the injectors(have the service done),replace the filter and have your pump checked.its cheap insurance compared to the cost of a new motor,and if you buy used like 92(I sold him the set he sent off) IMHO you are insane not to do it before installing them.

heres a link to ed's site,you want to click on mods and scroll to rc injector service, he has posted RC'S before and after results

http://www.centralcoastweb.com/nsxb/pages/mainframe.html

heres a link to danOs page and before and after results. the numbers on both sites speak for themselves

http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/injector/injector.htm

you will see that several of DanO's injectors were poor before and excellent after the cleaning calibration, Ed's were better before cleaning overall and excellent coming out.just goes to show you the vast difference from one car to the next.both of these forum members are known for taking very good care of their cars.RC states they can come right from the factory with poor spray patterns or defects. on an older car N/A,F/I or Nos your car will benefit from the calibration and cleaning as the numbers dont lie
Best Regards David
ps hope this helped you make up your mind .clean oil, clean fuel system and air filter=happy motor!

Here is the form I got back with my injectors.
BTW, a big 'Thank You' goes out to Bad Carma for hooking me up with the injectors to start with.
As you can see 5 of 6 were 'good' to start with but after the service they are all now 'excellent'.

Attachments

• mvc-056s.jpg
    mvc-056s.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 384
Holy Cow! Now if that was not a thorough and comprehensive response to a question then I don't know what is!

Thanks BadCarma, I will definitely be having my fuel injectors serviced just for the sake of having them at basline excellence since I just bought the car a month ago.

Thanks again!

Jay
91 silver/ivory
89 accord
73 roadrunner

I used Redline on my NSX 2 tanks ago. I poured the whole bottle into a near empty tank and filled up. Then a day or so later, after starting up my car, I got a check engine light and got code 66 which is some code about the rear O2 sensor. I cleared it and a few days later it came back when the tank was near empty. Well, I figured it was the Redline and since my car has been running w/o Redline, no more check engine lights.

Just an FYI...

Steven Spanbauer said:

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Techron. I ONLY use Chevron gas. I also owned an 88 Legend Coupe and 99.95% of the time use only Chevron and the car still runs great at 275K miles (with no regular maintenance work; only regular oil change and parts replacement as needed!).

Back