• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help with possible purchase

hello,
I currently have an S2000. Don't drive it very much but have been thinking about getting a new sports car. I check ebay once in a while just for the hell of it. I don't need to buy it but I will if the price is good (and it seems to be) and the car checks out - and this is the reason for this post.

anyway, I came across a car
(no link b/c no ad but i left VIN below)
this dealership is minutes from my work so I took lunch off to take a look at it. Seems fine so far but second owner (out of 2) only has it for 6 months (don't know the circumstance) but this makes me a little uneasy.
the issues are
this is the VIN: JH4NA2162YT000060. putting in search on this forum showed no result. Does this car belong to any member here or does anyone know about this car.
I prefer a later model but the price is decent so I am considering this. Just want to know if there is a history.

thanks in advance for your help
(I have already posted this in the prospective owner sub-forum. If admin consider this spam, please delete and let me know, thanks)

Last edited:
I saw that NSX in a CL ad a while back and it just didn't look right. The exhaust has the 91-94 oval tips, the wheels instead of being a machined finished are gunmetal, and it's missing a front lip. :confused:

IMHO, there's a much nicer looking 1998 Black/Tan on CL now, albeit it needs the TB/WP done.

Otto

Yes, Gen 2 would be nicer (not sure if I offended the Gen 1 owners but not by intention). However, for the $55-65K it takes to purchase that NSX, I can get a Gen 2 Porsche 911 Carrera S (997.2) which I think is a better car (sorry all NSX owners - my third post and already insulting people here. However, I am not blindly loyal to a car I am not yet an owner). I am not money limited, just want to get good value for my money.

Otto Joe, Thanks for that link. I might give him a ring. Do you know if the CL owner/seller a member here?

Last edited:
. However, for the $55-65K it takes to purchase that NSX, I can get a Gen 2 Porsche 911 Carrera S (997.2) which I think is a better car (sorry all NSX owners - my third post and already insulting people here. However, I am not blindly loyal to a car I am not yet an owner).

we are not offended because we know you are wrong. Good luck on your purchase.

No offense taken but buying an nsx these says is not about common sense. You have to like the nsx to buy it. If you have to question its value then don't buy it because you probably will regret it. I could have bought a 997 Porsche too but ended up buying an nsx instead.

Yes, Gen 2 would be nicer (not sure if I offended the Gen 1 owners but not by intention). However, for the $55-65K it takes to purchase that NSX, I can get a Gen 2 Porsche 911 Carrera S (997.2) which I think is a better car (sorry all NSX owners - my third post and already insulting people here. However, I am not blindly loyal to a car I am not yet an owner). I am not money limited, just want to get good value for my money.

Otto Joe, Thanks for that link. I might give him a ring. Do you know if the CL owner/seller a member here?

I realize the decision about which car to buy is more than just number comparison. Otherwise we all would get a GTR. Each car has its own character. The subjective character of a car can be more important than its stats. In many ways, the NSX is better than a Porsche.
Having said that, if I have a choice b/t a 2004-5 NSX vs a 2009 997S, I would likely chose a Porsche (after test driving both).

we are not offended because we know you are wrong. Good luck on your purchase.

just what I was thinking lol.. after doing long drives with newer porsche I am confident with my purchase.. my experience has never been as obvi as #s would have you think.

I am sure Roger has a few back road stories like me and maybe a few track ones too. Not trying to talk you out of anything but a Cookie cutter 997 I don't feel threatened by, GT2 etc got us at a much much greater cost of ownership and maint. 120k on my clicker of spirited driving and yet to have to do much more then fluids. I prefer balance anyways like a Cayman R is more my style.. but thats just me

No offense taken but buying an nsx these says is not about common sense. You have to like the nsx to buy it. If you have to question its value then don't buy it because you probably will regret it. I could have bought a 997 Porsche too but ended up buying an nsx instead.

my apologies for being wrong.
Thanks for the good wish.
Still searching....
thinking about these but one is not offering VIN so I can't research it much
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=b&num_records=25&cardist=193&standard=false
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=b&num_records=25&cardist=320&standard=false

Don't forget what Ric said.

I love the Porsche and owned a couple myself but I can't help but notice as I drive around all the people taking pics with their cell phones...stopping and pointing as I drive by.........friggin Rock Star status........that's not happening in 911.

And on the track??...........heaven..................

And on the back roads..............a terror.............

EDIT: Forgot to mention I like the 2 NSXs you posted links to. Can't go wrong with either one I think............

I found this vid of an NSX at Laguna Seca. Apparently this guy had the ability to read the minds of the other drivers. 911 shame begins at about 3:00.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mf9YkgQGJzw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
For sure if you're going to purchase a toy @ 50k...it doesn't matter who like it BUT YOU.
I have gone threw S2000, NSX's, WRX, STI, M3 E46 and now C6Z06 presently. Have not regreted my pass purchased.:cool:

For sure if you're going to purchase a toy @ 50k...it doesn't matter who like it BUT YOU.
I have gone threw S2000, NSX's, WRX, STI, M3 E46 and now C6Z06 presently. Have not regreted my pass purchased.:cool:

Hey gp3race your car looks a lot like YoJack's

Attachments

• DSC05000.jpg
    DSC05000.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 60

I love the Porsche and owned a couple myself but I can't help but notice as I drive around all the people taking pics with their cell phones...stopping and pointing as I drive by.........friggin Rock Star status........that's not happening in 911.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I like the 2 NSXs you posted links to. Can't go wrong with either one I think............

I found this vid of an NSX at Laguna Seca. Apparently this guy had the ability to read the minds of the other drivers. 911 shame begins at about 3:00.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mf9YkgQGJzw?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
The NSX could pass everyone but the BUG!!!!:eek:

The NSX could pass everyone but the BUG!!!!:eek:

LOL......Bug? Volkswagen Bug?

I heard the owner of this NSX was using the stock wheels (15/16) with street tires so its possible other "less worthy" cars were faster on the track that day. :wink:

I am still interested in the NSX.
Will get if price is right and car checks out
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1519789#post1519789

Looks like a nice catch if thats the color your looking for. If your going to keep it as an all stock car, its worth it. If your going to mod it, get a different one. That is too pristine to be molested in any way.

thread back from the dead...
Got a new toy. It will be coming some time next week. Will come out to one of the local meets (Norcal) whenever I have some spare time (rarely).
thanks to everyone for helping. If I can return the favor in the future, let me know.

Congrats, on your purchase, now let's see some pic. Of your new toys

Back