• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hi guys, new NSX owner here

Hi guys,

I picked up a '93 NSX around the new year .. formula red, 74k miles, with all the service records. After changing out the oil to synthetic and getting a proper alignment, the car is driving like a dream!

The previous owner had the bumper repainted due to hitting a coyote a few years back and the quality of the paint job is really showing... stone chips have taken the paint right down the plastic there. I was planning to get the bumper resprayed at a body shop but realized how funny it would look to have a clean bumper and the rest of the front end covered with tiny but multiple stone chips (I don't have a picture yet, but it's a like a fine spray of tiny white flecks across the front panels). Then I went to a couple paint shops - one recommended by the local Acura dealer and one that does a lot of exotics - and got two quotes of around $2400 to get the whole front-end resprayed. I didn't think it was a very bad price at all.

What are your guys' opinions on repainting? Would it hurt the resale value of the car (versus leaving it all chipped up)? I would love to get it cleaned up with a clearbra on top. This would be a great opportunity for me to do it since I plan on driving this car daily for maybe a year after the lease on BMW comes up in April, before getting another DD.

Cheers,

TC

PS, yes the top of the car was also repainted by the first owner from black to red, it was actually a very good paint job compared to the bumper, but the color is off by a couple of shades.

Attachments

• nsx3a.jpg
    nsx3a.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 88
  • nsx2a.jpg
    nsx2a.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 63
  • nsx1a.JPG
    nsx1a.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Congratulatons on your purchase and welcome to the club.

Enjoy!

First of all welcome......I would repaint the car if it is described as you mention. I personally like my car to look flawless and as long as you can document that the repaint was not due to an major accident, then it shouldnt affect the resale in my opinion. If the roof is off then I would repaint that too or paint it back to black.

If you are in the Southbay area then Bravo Collision is the one who does work for Southbay Acura. Sixteen Customs in Gardena is another shop that has done many show cars. Another one is MV designs in Santa Ana which has done many NSX's also. You can also check out Browning Collision Center inside Cerritos Acura as well. They have done a few NSX's also and the work was good. The other benefit of that is you can meet Jon Martin who is the Service Director of Cerritos Acura who works on many NSX's from So cal including mines.

Good luck

E

Back