• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HID conversion kit special for NSX Prime members

OK, I got this kit installed. :biggrin:

The whole thing worked "out of the box" (which I *can't* say about the first kit I tried.) The kit itself is top notch, but what's impressive is the custom sized/fabricated relay/wiring harness that fits the NSX perfectly. And the black tubing keeps everything in the bay looking OEM. Thanks Clifford!

DSCN0225.JPG

DSCN0219.JPG

DSCN0220.JPG

DSCN0221.JPG

DSCN0224.JPG

DSCN0227.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

Awesome pics David!! I almost thought those were the pics I originally took and the install DEFINITELY looks OEM. Good job.

Angelo- thanks for the praise- were you able to get pics of your cars? I'd love to post them up on the site.

Jonny! Wooo! Another fellow member from clublexus.com! Just wanted to let you know that the kit shipped out today, you should receive it by Monday. Give me a call if you have any questions - 602.300.7153.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Clifford

Jonny! Wooo! Another fellow member from clublexus.com! Just wanted to let you know that the kit shipped out today, you should receive it by Monday. Give me a call if you have any questions - 602.300.7153.

Clifford

Hey man - great to be here. Seems a lot of the CL crew have migrated this way :tongue: Look forward to receiving them! Now I just have to find my 1" drill bit!

Have a good weekend,
Jonny

Just wanted to let you all know that headlight dust caps are in so if anyone was interested in the FULL kit, they are in stock!

Also, if anyone needs bulbs to replace their other brand of bulbs or wants to change up their color temps they are $60 a pair SHIPPED!!!

A great product, a great price, and a great set of instructions tailor made for the NSX - you just can't go wrong. :)

All the best,

Clifford

All kits ordered have shipped! :)

Cliff, I just placed an order for the (option “A”) 4300 kit. Thank you for offering this deal to the NSX community.

Cliff,
Can you post a 6k & 8k photo? I want to switch my McCulloch bulbs to yours, but I'd like to see a pic 1st. Also, can I order just the bulbs and install with the McCulloch kit?

Even better than a photo - here's a video!

The 6k color (passenger side) is shown first and then the 8k color is shown second (driver's side).

http://mobilehid.com/6080k.mov

It's a big file so you might have to wait a while...

Oh yeah- yes, you can order just bulbs if you'd like - just send $60 to [email protected] and I'll ship them off asap.

Thanks.

Clifford

Last edited:
While I have already upgraded to the HIDs, what about the high beam? Does anyone out there have low and high beam HIDs? Just curious.
Thanks,
Manny

pbassjo - glad you like the kit man. thanks for the praise!

drmanny3 - :) I have HID low, fog, and high beams. :) great for road trips through the night - turns night into day.

Nice! What temp did you install?

OK, I got this kit installed. :biggrin:

The whole thing worked "out of the box" (which I *can't* say about the first kit I tried.) The kit itself is top notch, but what's impressive is the custom sized/fabricated relay/wiring harness that fits the NSX perfectly. And the black tubing keeps everything in the bay looking OEM. Thanks Clifford!

DSCN0225.JPG

DSCN0219.JPG

DSCN0220.JPG

DSCN0221.JPG

DSCN0224.JPG

DSCN0227.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

I think he ordered 6k.

:)

all kits ordered have shipped!!

I'm just now getting around to installing my new kit.... quick question --- are you supposed to re-install the metal clip to hold the bulbs in place? It seems to be a REALLY tight fit and the clip is kind of bent now so I hate to keep messing with it if it is not necessary. Seems like you need something to hold in the bulbs though.

edit: I forced them back on, it was tight but really holds the bulb in.

Another question -- where did you guys zip tie or secure the ballast? I have room in the headlamp cover area but either the zip ties provided are way to small (won't even go around the ballast and latch) or I'm not finding a good fit. I don't want the ballast bouncing around in there or clanking against the other metal parts. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Squid2004 -

The ballasts should be able to be mounted just behind the headlight housings in like the photo below:

DSCN0219.JPG

If you need a longer zip tie to get around it, just daisy chain 2 zip ties together to get one that is twice as long. I can't remember if I had to daisy chain the zip ties in Jim's install - sorry.

Give me a call if you have any other questions - 602.300.7153

Thanks!

Clifford

Squid2004 -

If you need a longer zip tie to get around it, just daisy chain 2 zip ties together to get one that is twice as long. I can't remember if I had to daisy chain the zip ties in Jim's install - sorry.

Thanks for the quick reply. It was getting late last night and I was getting pretty tired. I'll tie everything up and do the daisy chain thing this evening and I'll be done!

It was a very quick install actually, I even took my time and poked around while I had everything apart. Got it all hooked up and the lights look fantastic!

Glad the install went in easily. Post some pics! :)

got everything installed but... once i went to put it down something cracked and my passenger headlight wont move up and down ='/

Glad the install went in easily. Post some pics! :)

Wow... just finished up the install and went for a drive.... total freakin difference! Not only are they bright and clear ahead of you but they light up the sides much better as well in case there is an animal getting ready to cross the road or if you have to swerve quickly, you can easily see if anything is in the other lane, etc. Nice bright white with just a HINT of purple/blue around the edges of the light.

WOW!!!!

Here is a comparison of old and new:
headlights.jpg

I think my camera sucks too much to get a good night/driving shot but I have a new cam on the way. But man it is a HUGE difference!

Thanks for making this one of the easiest and probably best mods on my NSX!

squid2004 - thanks for posting the awesome pic man. that picture clearly shows the huge differences between the halogen high beam (9005 bulb) and the HID bulb next to it. if you have any friends who are interested in lights as well, please give them my number - 602.300.7153 - thanks!

yoojeankim - oh no man, what happened?? can you take pictures?

not sure... cant really show a picture of what i dont know broke.

Any updates man? I think your headlight carriage motor blew. :(

Lemme know and I'll see if I can hit up the guy locally who has a salvaged NSX.

well my motor didnt break, PHEW, but im thinking the linkage broke or went off place, im awaiting the call from my mechanic

actually doing all this stuff by myself haha

Wow... just finished up the install and went for a drive.... total freakin difference! Not only are they bright and clear ahead of you but they light up the sides much better as well in case there is an animal getting ready to cross the road or if you have to swerve quickly, you can easily see if anything is in the other lane, etc. Nice bright white with just a HINT of purple/blue around the edges of the light.

WOW!!!!

Here is a comparison of old and new:
headlights.jpg

I think my camera sucks too much to get a good night/driving shot but I have a new cam on the way. But man it is a HUGE difference!

Thanks for making this one of the easiest and probably best mods on my NSX!

is this the 6000k bulbs?

Back