• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy Crap, I finally broke in my new Porsche!

After being very controlled, I finally let my new 911 turbo show what is has..

All I can say is holy crap. I have never driven a car that has this kind of power.

My supercharged NSX is nothing compared, my slk32 is nothing compared.

I hit 120 so fast and the acceleration just pulls harder and harder.

I am impressed!!

Perio, nice. Did you get the X50 package?
What equipment did you get.
I am looking at an 01 with 6k miles.
Len

Great cars you have there!

On the pull to 120- have you tried a Viper GTS, I was with a friend once in one, and we pulled about a car length from 60 tt somewhere around that speed against a car just like yours.

Considering any mods?

No, I never raced any other car in my TT.

The Viper is a beast, for sure.

Not sure on the mods. A simple ECU upgrade and exhaust will give my 500 hp and 500 torque relatively easily. Hmmm, tempting...

I'm a sucker for a beautiful interior and my oh my...that is lovely.

Congrats on the gorgeous car!

Wow nice rides. What was the catylist for opening her up? I guess as a dentist you must have had a money day yesterday with the kids, candy, and Holloween!? :D :D :D

Sweeeeeeeeet!

I'm sure it pulls hard--surprisingly though I haven't ever rode in one. Vipers definitely pull--a lot:D !

peace
ravi

>No, I never raced any other car in my TT.

no need, you already know you will smoke just about anything on the road.

Awesome ride.

with the same driver, should be about dead even with Viper GTS, and definitely no probelm against Viper RT-10s.

Must be a lot of fun, thumbs up :D

Periokid,
Sweet stable of cars, and excellent garage setup.

Now, the question is, which cars get to stay inside. Do you play favorites, or do they rotate in and out? :)

matteni said:
Wow nice rides. What was the catylist for opening her up? I guess as a dentist you must have had a money day yesterday with the kids, candy, and Holloween!? :D :D :D

I waited for 1000 miles and changed the engine oil and transmission oil, then let her rip!

As far as Halloween, I prefer that no cavities occur so the teeth will last until they get periodontal disease :p

nkb said:
Periokid,
Sweet stable of cars, and excellent garage setup.

Now, the question is, which cars get to stay inside. Do you play favorites, or do they rotate in and out? :)

Fortunately, my mother in law has a garage space for me. Right now the NSX is there.

Periokid, Have to ask, under your options you have door and bumper plugs, what the heck is that??? Thanks

The 911 Turbo is definitely one of the best cars I've ever driven. If some of you recall, I was very serious about getting an NSX...until I test drove a 996 Turbo :D

With a CTSC you might be getting 360HP vs a 911 TT with 415HP. I would sure hope a 120K car would beat a 30K car with a 8K SC on it.

Now, if you got a brand new NSX for 80K and added Jerry's turbo, you would be at 100K and you would TOAST the 911TT, even with the $25K X50 package.

I must say, although I am not a p-car fan, when I saw the 911 TT in the dealership the other day I would have traded my NSX in a second for it!

The real difference in in torque. And the X50 is 17k not 25k. X50 is a waste of money anyway since you can get a computer upgrade that will push 475 - 490 hp without any other upgrades.

You don't have to defend the NSX. I still own one and like it.

Back