• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy Crap, I finally broke in my new Porsche!

NetViper said:
With a CTSC you might be getting 360HP vs a 911 TT with 415HP. I would sure hope a 120K car would beat a 30K car with a 8K SC on it.

Now, if you got a brand new NSX for 80K and added Jerry's turbo, you would be at 100K and you would TOAST the 911TT, even with the $25K X50 package.

I must say, although I am not a p-car fan, when I saw the 911 TT in the dealership the other day I would have traded my NSX in a second for it!

The comparion is not fair at all: modifying a new NSX with Gerry's turbo vs a OEM 996TT.

First, the Porsche TT comes original from the factory and has a full warranty. I would not dare to put such an extreme turbo on a 89k$ new car!

Second, if you go extreme, with the 996TT you can arrive 600hp with the same "extremeness" that you reach 450hp on the NSX (and same cost!).

That would TOAST Jerry's NSX...

I like the NSX more than the 996TT, but that's about look only. I do not even dare to compare the two (modded or not) in performance, the 996TT is a beast at another level! :eek:

PS: I still prefer the RWD than the 4WD, that's the only "driving" adavntage I see on the NSX! :p

I can't afford either one yet, but at least someone over 6ft can fit in an NSX. Minimal room, seat travel, and wheel adjustment in a 911 or Boxster. Once I sat in one, my dreams were shattered. You'd think Germans would build a car better suited for big people. That leaves an NSX or vette for "dream car". I am no fan of GM, so I'll keep saving for the NSX.

The seats move much further back in the 911 then the NSX.

I have a friend who is very tall and he fit better in the 911 then the NSX. His big complaint was that the 911 steering wheel does not tilt. But he still had issues with the NSX wheel, even though it tilts.

One thing about the 911 is the seat go up and down. You can also order the car with seats that are mounted lower then stock. I think it is an inch lower.

Last edited:
There's a lot less leg room in the 911, I fit comfortably in the NSX, hair just brushes roof. Needed a shoe horn & good chiropractor for a 911. For any car over $20K, I'm not paying to be uncomfortable, the car should fit me, not vice versa.

I certainly agree that you should be comfortable. If it does fit, then forget it.

It is interesting how my friend fits better in the 911 and not the NSX and you have the opposite experience.

Back