• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda NSX Best Motoring DVD

I just picked this up in Japanese Village plaza in little tokyo in downtown Los Angeles. This is an entire DVD dedicated to the 1st 10 years of the NSX.

16859336-67cc-016C0200-.jpg

16859325-c925-01670200-.jpg

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Wow! Any way you can get me a copy? Please email me.

I love this DVD. Unfortunately it's a region 2 disc. You need to get a region 2 DVD player or region-free mod player to play back.

It consists of followings.
1) 90 NSX
2) 92 Type-R, Satoru Nakajima (former F-1 driver) drives Type-R in Suzuka circuit
3) 95 NSX and NSX-T
4) 97 NA-2 NSX-S/S-zero, NSX-S zero vs Type-R, time atack in Nurbergring, etc
5) Interview with Mr. Uehara NSX's LPL
6) Multi-angle race video, NSX vs F355,GTR,Supra,etc.

Any chance of you buying some for the rest of us if we send you some $$$?
If so please PM me. I would be very interesting in getting one.

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Unfortunately I'm out of town right now, maybe someone else here from LA can help.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Speaking of Best Motoring DVDs and region codiing, I borrowed the 12/02 NSX-R issue and it states it's Region 3 encoded. It plays fine on my Sony DVD player (DVP-530D) and my Playstation 2. Perhaps this was meant to be region free.

Originally posted by Vytas:
Speaking of Best Motoring DVDs and region codiing, I borrowed the 12/02 NSX-R issue and it states it's Region 3 encoded. It plays fine on my Sony DVD player (DVP-530D) and my Playstation 2. Perhaps this was meant to be region free.

I have never heard of Best Motoring DVDs with region 3 (for the countries HongKong, Korea, Malaysia, etc) I assume your DVD players can only play back Region 1 (US) then simple question came up to my mind why you could play back region-3 disc...

Region-free that I meant refers to DVD players that can play disc with any regions.

Btw, what is your impression on that Type-R DVD?

If anyone is interested... If I can borrow a copy of this dvd, I can make VHS copies of it. {yuck I know!} I have a nice apex dvd player that is both region and macrovision free.
I would only charge for the tape, if I provide it, and shipping. I'm NOT looking to make $$$ on this and I'm pretty sure it is a gray area of the copywrite law at best...

I just can't see trying to find a modded dvd player to play ONE dvd...

[Rant on]
All this copy protection and macrovision is just crap anyway. Anyone (like all of japan) that wants to rip off movies in a big way isn't bothered by it at all. It just penalizes the consumer.
[Rand off]

Let me know,

-Shawn

[This message has been edited by NSXlent in az (edited 27 February 2003).]

While i'm a newbie on the forum... if you can get a copy of that DVD out, I can rip to a DiVX codec and add subtittles. A co-worker of mine who is here for 5 more months before returning home is fluent in japanese.

Now, I have no idea how long it would take to translate all of it, but adding the subtitles isn't that difficult. I've done it for all 3 of "THE RING" trilogy from Japan (before VCD had them all over the place hehe).

A DiVX codec would be nice for those who would like to play these on multiple platforms or who do not have a DVD player (who doesn't!?). I've gotten very good results using gordian knot in the past, most movies fit on a single 700min CDR.

Just offering help
smile.gif

MM

RyRy210,
I was near the Japanese Village Plaza last night so I decided to see if the store you bought the DVD from still had some in stock. I presume it was the bookstore, I forgot the name, with a large selection of Japanese car magazines. Well, they hardly had any car DVDs left, only one for the Subaru WRX versus some other car by Best Motoring. I had them order another copy but the old lady working there said the DVD would cost $60. Is that what you paid also? Thanks for letting us all know about the DVD.

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

Originally posted by CChung:
I had them order another copy but the old lady working there said the DVD would cost $60. Is that what you paid also? Thanks for letting us all know about the DVD.

$60 sounds about right. Expensive DVD but I had to have it.

Ryan

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Originally posted by Hideki:

This Best Motoring DVD is the August 2002 issue. It has comparisons of of the 02 NSX-R and older NSX-Rs. Also included are comparisons of the new Integra R and prior models. Then for the finale, a race with several NSXs, Porsche GT3, and Skyline. The 02 NSX-R started dead last but it finished 1st and only in a five lap race!
biggrin.gif

I don't understand a word but all the car action was good enough for me. I bought this DVD from Ebay for $13 and the 12/02 issue featuring battle of the supercars including the 02 NSX-R.

One thing to look for. Some of the same titles are available in VCD. They are NOT the same in quality as the DVD. I've seen both and the VCD quality on several discs I borrowed is like a compressed MPEG/WMV quality. The DVD is crystal clear. If you buy these discs, make sure you see a picture and that it clearly marked as a DVD.

Besides the Best Motoring 2002 August issue testing the new NSX-R, Best Motoring Video Special Vol.55 features a full 60 minute documentary of the new NSX-R as well.

Left is the 8/02 issue, right is the BM video special vol.55.
nsxrvid.jpg

Originally posted by Hideki:
I have never heard of Best Motoring DVDs with region 3 (for the countries HongKong, Korea, Malaysia, etc) I assume your DVD players can only play back Region 1 (US) then simple question came up to my mind why you could play back region-3 disc...

Region-free that I meant refers to DVD players that can play disc with any regions.

The DVD Vytas had borrowed was actually a misprinted cover that is region free rather than region 3 coded. There are region 3 coded Bestmotoring DVDs sold in HK.

Why do I know this??? The DVD Vytas had borrowed belongs to me...
smile.gif

My friend bought it for me during his visit to HK. He bought two others DVDs along with that one. 3 for the price of $100HK..which is around $12US for all three DVDs. When I tried to view all 3 of them, somehow I could only view the NSX-R one but not the other two and they all say region 3 on the cover. I then realized the NSX-R copy was a misprint...it was actually region free. The friend that bought the DVDs could watch all 3 on his machine because he had the region free mod.

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Originally posted by NSXlent in az:
If anyone is interested... If I can borrow a copy of this dvd, I can make VHS copies of it. {yuck I know!} I have a nice apex dvd player that is both region and macrovision free.
I would only charge for the tape, if I provide it, and shipping. I'm NOT looking to make $$$ on this and I'm pretty sure it is a gray area of the copywrite law at best...

I just can't see trying to find a modded dvd player to play ONE dvd...

[Rant on]
All this copy protection and macrovision is just crap anyway. Anyone (like all of japan) that wants to rip off movies in a big way isn't bothered by it at all. It just penalizes the consumer.
[Rand off]

Let me know,

-Shawn

[This message has been edited by NSXlent in az (edited 27 February 2003).]

You've got mail.

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back