• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HONDA service ........ advice needed

Some of you guys will remember the incident i had at Spa-Franchorchamps, where my front brakedisc broke completely in two pieces.
The disc was something like 1,5 years old, probably with not more then 20K (KM) on it.

Anyway, i gave the disc to the dealer with the message that i expected a warranty, and i was very lucky not to drive my car in the barriers, or even get hurt myself.
I was under the impression that this should not happen to a disc, not even when driven on the circuit. Actually, it happened on the first lap.

After waiting for weeks, i got the message today from the Honda dealer, that Honda is not going to warranty it because it is older then 1 year, and it has been used on the track.

So i called Honda-Holland, but they said to speak to the dealer about it, and offcourse...the dealer tells me that Honda-Holland made the decision.
The partsguy told me if i did not agree, i should write them a letter....

Knowing the 'service'
rolleyes.gif
that Honda in Europe offers, i was wondering if it's any use at all, spending time on such a thing.

Or am i completely off, and shouldn't expect warranty on the disc at all.

Mich

Do NOT exepct anything from Honda Europe. The only worse company is Honda Switzerland...
rolleyes.gif

That is the only reason why the NSX will be the only Honda model I will ever own. I was also able to make my father switch from the new 2003 Accord to the new Mazda 6 and a work colleague from a new S2000 to a 2003 BMW Z4!

My crusade goes even further: I switched to an indipendent mechanic for all service (he is a trained NSX Tech that works in his own garage now...).

No money from me to them, except new parts when aftermarket are not available!
biggrin.gif

I understand Gheba,

Last weekend i drove the new Civic type-R, and seriously considered buying that for me misses, but now after this outcome, i am dissapointed with Honda again.......yes, again, so many times already they let me down.

I called Honda NL once, and they told me that my NSX was so old, that they even wouldn't talk about the car, and stop wasting there time... (it's a 1993).

Anyway, no Civic type-R for me misses at the moment......

Mich

Hi guys

Your experiences do not suprise me at all. I believe that the reason why the NSX failed to sell in Europe, is simply because Honda dealers are not interested in the NSX but in selling Civics and Accords. There seems to be no "sport" ethos about them whatsoever. Ferrari and Porsche dealers on the other hand are very much in to motorsport, track days, aftermarket accessories etc. Honda dealers havent got a clue about all this. My dealer was actually convinced that there was no problem with having two different make tyres on my NSX -one brand on the front axel and another on the back! Would a ferrari dealer speak such nonsense? I think not. All this is a shame because the NSX is such a wonderfull car. No my next car is going to be from a manufacture that produces only SPORTS CARS and not cars for my granny! Come on : Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, TVR.

The sad thing is that the NSX is an awesome car and I am very grateful to Japan Honda/Engineers/Senna for having developed this. On the other way I feel quite disgusted by the Honda representative/dealers in this side of the world. Ferrari or not Ferrari?
smile.gif

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
Ferrari or not Ferrari?
smile.gif

Not Ferrari for me ! My next sport car will be a Lambo !
wink.gif

About Honda, I agree 100% with you ! Honda is no more what it used to be !
frown.gif

That's why after 5 Honda I decided to switch for Lexus to replace my daily driver!

David

I used the "Ferrari" word to emphasize on the generic sport brand vs Honda but it could also be a Lambo
biggrin.gif
... a second Ferrari in my building garage wqould be too much (last week a neighbour bought a yellow 360! :eek
smile.gif
. Now my NSX is no more the garage queen she used to be... I have a Modena and a new SL500 that cast a lot of shadow over my car
frown.gif

My next daily driver will be maybe a A8... so no Honda for me too!
biggrin.gif

Dutchy, go and try the CooperS with your wife! I tested it Friday and WOW! Much funnier than the S2000 or the Impreza WRX: that should be "my wife" car!
biggrin.gif

Dutchy, go and try the CooperS with your wife! I tested it Friday and WOW! Much funnier than the S2000 or the Impreza WRX: that should be "my wife" car!
biggrin.gif

I have not tested it for the moment but the Alfa 147 GTA seems not so bad (OK, except the UGLY Alfa instruments panel)... for a "girlies" car !
biggrin.gif

Best regards to Ilse,

David

Hi guys,

(greets from me misses as well David)

We find the Cooper a very ugly car, can't help it. The Alfa is just......well, it's an Alfa. Those depriciate more then a Maserati!

Maybe the 206RC is going to be nice, but the price of that will be very high i think.

Or maybe the RC when they come into production, though those will be $$$$$$$$$$
Diesel and petrol!

rcrood_zwart.jpg

Mich

[edit because i don't get HTML the first time right]

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 02 December 2002).]

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:
The Alfa is just......well, it's an Alfa.

LOL!

I knew that you woud say that !
biggrin.gif

After my first car experience with a Fiat Uno Turbo (don't laugh please
biggrin.gif
), I said that I will never, never, never buy an italian car again !

But hey, the Murcielago is almost an Audi !
wink.gif

Ok, taste is taste!
smile.gif
I like the CooperS a lot! AFter driving it even more!
If you do not need that much storage space: what about the AudiTT with the GolfR32 engine? It will be out in March. Or the Mazda Rx8? Also available in spring.

Ok, taste is taste!
smile.gif

Youre correct, mostly because i think that the TT is such a typical 'fashionable' car.
The RX8 is probably really fast and stuff, but i rreally don't like it either....
Seems where miles apart on choice, other then the NSX
bigwave.gif

When i was in the US a few weeks back, i had a look at a silver RSX Typre-S.
Now thats nice!, and not a Honda!
togo.gif

Maybe i ought to build the Attack afterall.....but then, that uses Honda parts to.
ogo.gif

Anyway, i need different brakes, so lets spend some redicilous money on that first!

Mich 'brakeless' Plas

BTW, Gheba, youre gona come to one of the trophy's this year?

[Edit again, because i can't get html right the first time...]

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 02 December 2002).]

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:

Anyway, i need different brakes, so lets spend some redicilous money on that first!

OK, here's my advice of the day :

Mich,

Your NSX is "almost" perfect now with the new paint, Advan wheels, shotgears, light flywheel, new clutch, test pipes,headers (ARGHHHH!!!!), fabulous mesh engine cover
wink.gif
, shiny stuffs, etc...

Now, you only need one thing to finish to kill me : A BIG BRAKES KIT to fill your huge wheels !
biggrin.gif

If money wasn't a concern for me, poor employee, I would go with the Tarox 10 pistons !

Fashinable cars: I do not like them a lot too (except the cooperS) but since it was for your wife...
smile.gif
...all the girls I know are crazy for the Audi TT (it is very neutral on me) and with the 3.2 engine it could be fun to drive too.

I did not say Lancer Evo, Impreza STI, Supra TT, Audi RS4 or other "fun car" since it was not for a NSX owner but for his wife!
biggrin.gif

Back