• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Sports Modulo NSX

Who do I contact to buy this car?

Is it owned by Honda, or an outside parts supplier?

I have been searching for a Type S in midnight pearl for ages.

Does anyone know for sure if this is a 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 or 2001 model?

Does anyone who has seen the car in person know if it has the original Type S steering wheel, or just the standard (airbag) wheel? I couldn't make it out by watching the video - the pixelation was too much !! - EDIT - just watched the video again and the standard Honda airbag-equipped wheel is being used.

Also, how many kilometers were on the clock?

Do you think that the original 16" front, 17" rear BBS wheels, rear spoiler, suspension etc. would come with the car, as clearly this has 02+ wheels (17" front & rear) and the Sports Modulo items on it.

The Type S seats had smooth black leather on the sides (sometimes with contrast stitching) and perforated leather on the squab? and bit where your back goes, in either black, orange or blue. The Sports Modulo cover looks to be suede or alcantara / macro suede from those photos - is it just a cover, maybe?

I would definitely put the original wing back on, if I could buy this car :biggrin: it looks so much better IMHO.

Last edited:
I am very serious about tracking this car down to buy it - the only NSX that I would choose over this one is an 02+ (facelift) Type S in midnight pearl - if one exists (and looking at the numbers, this is highly unlikely).
So please, anyone with any information on this car, please post here.

Thanks in advance,

NZNick

I think this might be a Honda press car, so unless you have contacts there it's going to be difficult to convince them to let it go. It might be easier to find a NA2 Type-S with rough paint and just repaint it Midnight Pearl.

Thanks Honcho - I feared as much......

I have been scouring the Japanese ads for a decent type S - they are very few and far between. I think that there are just 51 21st century Type S, and about 175 earlier cars (1997-1999). Unfortunately, many have been mucked around with, requiring a lot of work to put back to original condition.
Painting, wheels and seats get very expensive, especially if all three need sorting out....

I'll keep searching - maybe when the "new" NSX comes out, a few more will come on to the market....

I seen this car 2 weeks ago at Motegi. K.Tsuciya useing this to car for take passenger on a test course and he sort off drifting it.

Attachments

• K.T.jpg
    K.T.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 305
I seen this car 2 weeks ago at Motegi. K.Tsuciya useing this to car for take passenger on a test course and he sort off drifting it.

need moar pics!!

Just got word from Japan the modulo parts is available now for sale. So hit me up if you are interested. They are not cheap, specially the wing.

Can you post a price for the brakes and suspension? I was just watching Best Motoring and they were testing the Sport Modulo NSX...

And you probably need 02+ or aftermarket wheels to clear the brakes...

The pads will fit my NA1 brakes? Or are they 02+ brakes?

I ask because the Sport Modulo demo car has popup headlights but 02+ wheels... Not sure if it's NA1 or NA2 under the glass

The pads will fit my NA1 brakes? Or are they 02+ brakes?

I ask because the Sport Modulo demo car has popup headlights but 02+ wheels... Not sure if it's NA1 or NA2 under the glass
Sure they will,

NA2 & NA1 share the same pad's the calliper piston size and disc size, rear width is the only difference.
You could use the front pads in a 91-95 Legend or a ITR as well (iirc a V-Tec Prelude too?)

Back