• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Tuning magazine editor's NSX

Hi everyone. Been lurking around this forum for several years now but didn’t have much of a reason to join until now. I recently purchased a black on black NA1 from its original owner. I’ve wanted an NSX since I was a teen and saw my first one in late ’90 yet had only seriously pursued the idea of purchasing one for the last year or so. It took a while for me to find the right one but it was worth it. It’s funny, for the last several years, every time I’d work on one or see one driving around I’d think to myself, “that should be me in that car.”

Anyways, long-time Honda guy here and, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m also the editor of Honda Tuning magazine. I’ve been working hard to take the magazine in a new direction since I took over. On a related note: look for more NSX content than before. Anyways, you know where to find me now. Let me know if there’s anything I can do for any fellow NSX enthusiasts out there.

Love the mag and look fwd to seeing more NSX's in there!!

Welcome and congrats on the purchase. NSX needs more exposure looking forward to more reads.

I've bought that magazine from time to time and enjoyed it. Now I think I'll subscribe.:smile:

Welcome. Only magazine subscription I have. :) What made you finally get serious, was it the cover on the Gruppe M NSX.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the NSX. Where are the pics? You've gotta have access to some great photographers...:wink: . Got a great subscription discount for us NSXPrimers???:biggrin:

Aaron, welcome to our little club. Shouldn't you be out there getting us the scoop on the next gen NSX??:wink:

Haha, we're trying, we're trying.

Welcome to Prime! Cool that you were able to purchase a 91 from an original owner...rare these days.

Yeah, which is sort of the reason it took me so long to find my car. I'll post up pics this weekend. Shamefully, I haven't taken any yet. I've never seen an interior this nice for a car this old. It was worth the wait.

Welcome. Only magazine subscription I have. :) What made you finally get serious, was it the cover on the Gruppe M NSX.

Nah, what made me serious was that I finally sold off a couple of my other projects. I needed to free up a spot in my garage before I even thought about bringing an NSX home.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the NSX. Where are the pics? You've gotta have access to some great photographers...:wink: . Got a great subscription discount for us NSXPrimers???:biggrin:

I wish I could offer a discounted subscription. Shoot, I have trouble even getting enough issues for myself usually. If there's anything else I can do for anyone though, please let me know. I've already got two Prime members scheduled for features and some good NSX tech is on the way. You'll start seeing more of this come September's issue.

Welcome, and as you are probably aware factor x , and driving ambitions are turning out some world class performance from 15-17 y/o cars:biggrin:

Welcome...look forward to pics

Welcome aboard and congrats!!!

Welcome Aboard, I happen to really like Honda Tuning but always thought it just needed some more NSX's:wink: Now how do I get mine in again. I was in the Sept 05 issue but not as a feature car:wink:

honda tuning's the only mag i read..the rest of the other mags don't have anything honda related anymore haha

It took a while but here are some photos I took yesterday. Wheels and Buddy Club coilovers are from me; red calipers, cross-drilled rotors, and fake carbon-fiber interior trim are from the old owner.
NSX-1.1

NSX-2.1

NSX-3.1

NSX-4.1

NSX-5.1

NSX-6.1

NSX-7.1

I'm pleasently surprised to see you have center caps on those wheels:wink:

3rd pic down shows why the NSX's aggressive setup is such a tire eater. Love that exhaust. Car looks great!

Congrats and welcome aboard.......the NSX is a car that has not been given its due credit in magazines and it is way under-exposed........I hope you will be able to shed more light on how great a car this is or was in its time........check out the 3.8L stroker motor designed by Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura.....that thing is a beast and definitely you should do an article on Anil's NSX (serialnsxer) He is the closest you will see to a real NSX Type-R.....I think Jon still has his NSX sitting in So Cal being worked on. You should try to contact Jon and get some photos of the car and do an article on it while its still here in the Westside.

Back