• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda's brochure. 480 HP, 130k base price

EAC

Legendary Member
It says that the 2015 NSX will natch the current 458 Italia and Lamborghini with 6 lb/hp

So by then, 458 will be 558 with another 130 HP....lol

Gallardo will be PincheGallardo with a 6 liter engine, 720 HP motor...

However, NO FEAR, Prospeed, SOS, CT will all have a FI version and push the NSX into 1000HP territory through plug and play. Plus Apple will probably offer a battery upgrade to boost up the E motor power and shed some weight by using the USB connect through iPad 10.

Last edited:
Is there a link to this brochure?

Sounds like all hearsay and speculation. Remains to be seen

wasnt exactly posted on april fools .:wink:

I'm out of town, I'll scan the Honda brochure when I get home.

Great news! Honda produce the brochure of the new NSX. That means something rite? Do Honda/Acura have the same brochure in all areas through out US?

This is probably just a design target, like the Ferrari 328/348 was in 1989. As I understand it, the SOHC 3.5L test mules have around 350 hp total. We can expect the still-developing DOHC version to have at least 400. If they can't hit 480, then they will have to cut weight. I'm excited to see what they come up with!

It's fun to aim for the 458 as an engineering/performance goal, but I could not care less about having a new NSX that isn't quite as fast as one of the fastest sports cars ever developed. That never was nor should be Honda's goal. I'd be ecstatic if the NSX matches the performance of the "old" and "slow" F430 -480 BHP, high revving, 3,200 lbs.

I suppose the NSX will probably achieve close to double the fuel efficiency of 13 mpg combined of the F430. I doubt the fuel cost differential between two 100k+ cars that will likely be driven 2-5k miles a year is worth much attention.

I hope Honda offers a 6/7spd so several years down the road I can pick one up. Not all that interesting in buying a weekend car with flappy paddles.

The NSX will have at least 40 mpg when running in economy mode. It will come with the 7 speed dual clutch semi-auto trans that is a derivative of the HSV-10 unit from 2009.

The NSX will have at least 40 mpg when running in economy mode. It will come with the 7 speed dual clutch semi-auto trans that is a derivative of the HSV-10 unit from 2009.

I'd heard the ASCC had a 8 speed dsg? I thought the 7 was for the RLX. The new RLX debuts at the NY show in a few days that should give us a better glimpse of the new hardwares specs.

I don't think there is any way they can match the 458, but they don't need to. They do need to match the r8 and 911s.

I still don't think anyone cares about gas mileage with exotic cars.

I still don't think anyone cares about gas mileage with exotic cars.

Well I don't think it's so much about gas mileage as it as more about being responsible and the idea of new frontiers.

The new concept's SH-AWD is the novelty of the new NSX and it is something that no major production car has done yet. The hybrid 4WD powertrain appears to be very appealing and beneficial for a sports car. This new direction is very much like the all aluminum construction and titanium of the original NSX.

On the other hand, Lexus with their LFA is not very responsible, nor do they bring any true substance to the table. They spent countless amount funding and years of research to construct a carbon fiber loom for the chasis. What was the end result? A 3500 lb $400,000+ long nose, front engine coupe with an outdated transmission that a $50K DCT car could outshift and performance that another $80K car could match. Also, the car gets horrible gas mileage. I believe some Ferraris and Gallardos get better mpg. The only redeemable factors for the car is the beautiful exhaust note and the extreme rarity.

So I can respect Honda for pursuing new frontiers besides attempting to make another high horsepower front engine car. They changed the idea that exotic cars can be reliable back in the 90s, and now they want to change the fact that these compact vehicles by design should be very efficient with fuel consumption also.

Well I don't think it's so much about gas mileage as it as more about being responsible and the idea of new frontiers.

The new concept's SH-AWD is the novelty of the new NSX and it is something that no major production car has done yet. The hybrid 4WD powertrain appears to be very appealing and beneficial for a sports car. This new direction is very much like the all aluminum construction and titanium of the original NSX.

On the other hand, Lexus with their LFA is not very responsible, nor do they bring any true substance to the table. They spent countless amount funding and years of research to construct a carbon fiber loom for the chasis. What was the end result? A 3500 lb $400,000+ long nose, front engine coupe with an outdated transmission that a $50K DCT car could outshift and performance that another $80K car could match. Also, the car gets horrible gas mileage. I believe some Ferraris and Gallardos get better mpg. The only redeemable factors for the car is the beautiful exhaust note and the extreme rarity.

So I can respect Honda for pursuing new frontiers besides attempting to make another high horsepower front engine car. They changed the idea that exotic cars can be reliable back in the 90s, and now they want to change the fact that these compact vehicles by design should be very efficient with fuel consumption also.

+1 :smile:

Given the fact that the op used a :wink: to start this thread on 3/31 and there are no brochures to be found on the interweb I say this is just april fools bs.....

My wife grabbed the brochure while getting her RL serviced. She texted me a pic of the syats I'm stuck in tx with a dying dad, and my stupid for won't upload tge pic for some reason.

Ok here

t8ojs5.jpg

Back