• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honest cheap smog inspection in LA

I just had my NSX smog checked for $35 total (including certificate) at NewTech Automotive, 13101 Inglewood Ave, Ste. 1 in Hawthorne (near LA International Airport) (phone # is 310-973-6933 no appointment).

I'm not sure how much it costs anywhere else, but I think it's pretty cheap, especially if your car has to done at a SMOG TEST ONLY place as this one is.

ALSO, THIS PLACE HAS THE DYNO UNDERGROUND (as opposed to other places where the car has to go up onto a dyno ramp) so it's safe for cars such as the NSX with low ground clearance. I'm in no way related to this place, just want to pass along a good deal.

If they ask for the coupon, just tell them that you work for Raytheon and that you forgot to bring it (from the employee association magazine) with you. Tell them that the guy with the black 95 NSX refers you.

that sounds like a normal price for me. i had mine done about 3 weeks ago in Chevron and its the same price.

thanks for sharing it with everybody, though

Back