• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How about some new NSX info as of 3/16/14?

Been a little quiet....

Other manufacturers are coming with all kinds of stuff

Let's hear what's coming for sure w/the new NSX that we don't already know!

THX

HONDA is having to build an entirely new sports car from the ground up and that is a daunting task.
They are building a sports/exotic that has to go head to head against some of the finest and most established names like Porsche and Ferrari.
They have to compete in performance and that is a given, but they have to maintain the legendary HONDA reliability at the same time.

Had they continued producing the original NSX and had continue to develop that over the years, the engineering and tooling and machining and building and testing etc. etc. would have been much easier and less costly. They are now paying for their mistake of discontinuing the greatest sports car that every came out of the Land of the rising sun.

Every few months my local Acura dealer sends me an e-mail, asking me to be patient, that HONDA is creating a car worth waiting for etc, and that is without me writing to them a single time asking about when and what etc.

My personal feeling is that the car when it finally arrives, will have to go through a few years of further improvement and development before it will "catch up" with the top dogs that it was once, briefly, running neck and neck with.

A prototype is scheduled to run at Goodwood, so we might get some more info in the next few days.

New NSX at Goodwood Festival of Speed 2014

The new NSX at Goodwood Festival of Speed

Attachments

• 10482569_655900014496612_8641862224952215108_o.jpg
    10482569_655900014496612_8641862224952215108_o.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 10481871_10152493908417439_8550858021435976677_n.jpg
    10481871_10152493908417439_8550858021435976677_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 10487435_10152493908707439_343923752658588067_n.jpg
    10487435_10152493908707439_343923752658588067_n.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 192

But it is a bit disappointing that nothing is actually announced in their site. It should have more publicity and presence. It is only the so much awaited new gen NSX ...

Another fail for the Honda marketing department ...

At least, Sunday we will be able to figure how much power this new car has ( and its hybrid and SH-AWD prowess ). I am also a bit afraid to be disappointed ...

Will they crack the 60 seconds time?

Mc Laren P1 did it in 53 seconds in 2013...

and 59 seconds for a 458 Spider in 2012 ...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Sadly it looks like the folks at Acura don't want to listen.

That front silver beak/shield is as hideous as ever and those wheels :(

Nothing some plastidip or aftermarket alternatives can't change. I imagine a few, maybe dozen 10mm bolts hold them in place. Easy swtich. Same for the wheels, as they never stay stock long too haha. I can bet that the stock wheels will not be that outlandish anyways.

Just came here to see if there was anything about Goodwood.... saw the NSX mentioned on the Goodwood website but with no details.
Also have to throw in the obligatory 'god that front end is absolutely hideous' comment.

Nothing some plastidip or aftermarket alternatives can't change. I imagine a few, maybe dozen 10mm bolts hold them in place. Easy swtich. Same for the wheels, as they never stay stock long too haha. I can bet that the stock wheels will not be that outlandish anyways.

Hmm.. So let me get this straight, an owner who just spent $120K-150K for a brand new car and the first thing that he/she will do is spend more $$'s swapping parts????.

If Acura had any brain(s) and truly made the NSX2.0 exclusive, then the prospective owner should be able to do deviations on both the front end as well as wheels and other portions of the car.

Every other major car manufacturer that sells a $120K+ sports car does it that way and not a one size fits all way of doing things. A quick look at the various online car configurators for other brands makes it obvious.

Hmm.. So let me get this straight, an owner who just spent $120K-150K for a brand new car and the first thing that he/she will do is spend more $$'s swapping parts????.

If Acura had any brain(s) and truly made the NSX2.0 exclusive, then the prospective owner should be able to do deviations on both the front end as well as wheels and other portions of the car.

Every other major car manufacturer that sells a $120K+ sports car does it that way and not a one size fits all way of doing things. A quick look at the various online car configurators for other brands makes it obvious.

Now, let me get this straight. Honda and especially Acura have always attempted to simplify their options/trim offerings to minimal levels of differences. You're just now realizing this? That's their "way" of thinking, like it or not. Perhaps that's how they can maintain an easier to manage lineup aka, less complications involved. Audi, GM, Toyota, Hyundai and the rest of the world with the hundreds or thousands of different options can get cumbersome.

Again, the wheels are going to be more practical/conservative for the production model. We all know this.

And everyone likes to change "small details" to customize their property. People do this, no matter if it's a $2000 car or a $1.5 million dollar home. But seriously, why are you even getting so worked up over small things like this and my comment? I was just trying to give you a positive spin and alternative to the small nitpicks.

Don't like that nose, either. It should be sleek, not clunky.

Now, let me get this straight. Honda and especially Acura have always attempted to simplify their options/trim offerings to minimal levels of differences. You're just now realizing this? That's their "way" of thinking, like it or not. Perhaps that's how they can maintain an easier to manage lineup aka, less complications involved. Audi, GM, Toyota, Hyundai and the rest of the world with the hundreds or thousands of different options can get cumbersome.

Again, the wheels are going to be more practical/conservative for the production model. We all know this.

And everyone likes to change "small details" to customize their property. People do this, no matter if it's a $2000 car or a $1.5 million dollar home. But seriously, why are you even getting so worked up over small things like this and my comment? I was just trying to give you a positive spin and alternative to the small nitpicks.

I am familiar with how Honda operates, after all I have been purchasing new Honda/Acura vehicles for many years (the last one been my 2009 Acura MDX).

For example In Japan you could order certain options for the NA1/NA2 NSX's that were never made available for the US market. So it was pretty much a choice that was made by American Honda.

It is one thing to spend 20-30-40-50K on a car (with different trim levels), it is an entirely different proposition to spend $120-$150K on a car and then having to spend additional money modifying it with aftermarket parts that don't have any factory warranty nor support.

My main point was that if a prospective owner is going to spend $120-$150K for a new premium sports car, it should not be a total cookie cutter approach. All of the major competitors in that market segment (premium sports car segment) allows the customer to specify options that they want in the car that they want to order.

For example on a Porsche:

- deviated stitching (check)
- alcantara interior (check)
- various seats (sports, 18 way adjustable, sport buckets???)
- deviated instrument panels (check)
- deviated seat belts (check)
- different wheels (check)
- carbon fiber trim (check)
- lighted door sills (check)
- full leather (check)
- partial leather (check)
- paint to sample (check, sometimes you have to commit to it way in advance)
- deviated mirrors, (check)
- aero kit (check)
- sport exhaust (check)
- etc

In Porsche land you can sometimes order parts and then retrofit them to an existing car, but do you really want to take a brand new car and have someone work on the interior/exterior of the car and having to pay substantially more than what the option cost from the factory?

Last edited:
Why does it have a Honda badge. Even on the wheels. I am certain that is not a mistake. Did this prototype come from Japan? These are Ohio cars. They could have circled with Acura badges, It's gone mad JDM yo! or maybe Honda is now ashamed of Acura. "Oh yeah that division that doesn't sell any cars? Yeah that's.... *cough* ours". LMAO...

I am seeing a lot of aero here. The nose center seems to be solid. The "ugly" wheels may actually be for an aerodynamic function. They may also truly be carbon, those may be metal accents on a carbon wheel and not carbon accents on a metal wheel.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the NSX pictured is just the NSX Concept that was at the Tokyo Auto Salon or whatever and not the prototype that will be running at Goodwood.

Please keep in mind they are not at the production stage yet.

Edit: Dave, not everybody can ball out of control with Carbon Ceramic BBK and Carbon Wheels. :tongue:

Last edited:
Lol man this is an ultimate production car for a company very concerned with weight, supposedly with the latest tech. You don't think the wheels may be real carbon?

Are some of you people really expecting the front nose to change??? it's been stated in multiple interviews that the concept car and the final production car will be nearly identical in design.

Lol man this is an ultimate production car for a company very concerned with weight, supposedly with the latest tech. You don't think the wheels may be real carbon?
That was the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw those wheels, carbon wheels and funky design for aerodynamics and brake cooling.
I was just being silly and showing admiration for the extent to which you are going with your NSX.
Although, I'm a little doubtful the Concept wheels will make it to production, unless they're truly designed to be function over form.

Are some of you people really expecting the front nose to change??? it's been stated in multiple interviews that the concept car and the final production car will be nearly identical in design.
I don't. Ted already said the front of the car has been functionally designed for aerodynamics and cooling.
I'm just hoping they so slightly tweak it here and there in the right way.

No one will remember the nose when it is as fast as a $500,000 McLaren

I am familiar with how Honda operates, after all I have been purchasing new Honda/Acura vehicles for many years (the last one been my 2009 Acura MDX).

For example In Japan you could order certain options for the NA1/NA2 NSX's that were never made available for the US market. So it was pretty much a choice that was made by American Honda.

It is one thing to spend 20-30-40-50K on a car (with different trim levels), it is an entirely different proposition to spend $120-$150K on a car and then having to spend additional money modifying it with aftermarket parts that don't have any factory warranty nor support.

My main point was that if a prospective owner is going to spend $120-$150K for a new premium sports car, it should not be a total cookie cutter approach. All of the major competitors in that market segment (premium sports car segment) allows the customer to specify options that they want in the car that they want to order.

For example on a Porsche:

- deviated stitching (check)
- alcantara interior (check)
- various seats (sports, 18 way adjustable, sport buckets???)
- deviated instrument panels (check)
- deviated seat belts (check)
- different wheels (check)
- carbon fiber trim (check)
- lighted door sills (check)
- full leather (check)
- partial leather (check)
- paint to sample (check, sometimes you have to commit to it way in advance)
- deviated mirrors, (check)
- aero kit (check)
- sport exhaust (check)
- etc

In Porsche land you can sometimes order parts and then retrofit them to an existing car, but do you really want to take a brand new car and have someone work on the interior/exterior of the car and having to pay substantially more than what the option cost from the factory?

I hear what you're saying, and it is pretty sad about the US selection versus international/Japanese selections, but that can be said about all manufacturers not just Honda. However, you have to compare apples to oranges. Porsche specializes in customizing a particular chassis that can range from $80K-$180K, but it's still the same chassis fundamentally and they profit almost solely off of but a few different chassis to manage in their lineup.

Honda sell a wider range of cars and does not solely rely on the NSX to survive. The NSX is instead the halo car. It's not their bread and butter car like the 911 is for Porsche, so it's not a true comparison to say "hey Porsche can do it, why can't Honda?"

No one will remember the nose when it is as fast as a $500,000 McLaren

Maybe so, but remember the GTR is essentially as fast as a million dollar Veyron and people cannot get over its ungainly appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

I am already getting bored with this NSX design and it is not even out yet.
I do not think it is an ever fresh and timeless design like the original.

I am quite certain that it will have outstanding handling and performance but it does not have the look of a true exotic like the 458 for instance.
Rather, it looks like a functional and designed for performance machine without the heart-racing/stopping looks to go with it.

More of an R8 in character....More Germanic than Italian.

Interesting to read that people in the US don't like the front of the car. I like it very much even though I think they didn't show the latest stage of the design yet (why should they? it would be 'outdated' when it arrives on the market). I'm much more concerned about the tail-end of the car where I also (strongly) hope that they didn't show the latest design so far.

Sidenote: did you notice that the LF-A is more than outdated and nobody mentions it here and there?

It's hard to be ahead of time if things chance quickly. In the 90ies the rest was sleeping and product cycles have been very long. Nowadays, even a MP4-12C is outdated after only 3 years. Brave new world! I don't think the new 2.0 will repeat the success of 1.0.

Customizing
I'm pretty sure you get some customizing options in the US. I'm not so sure for the rest of the world. As far a customizing is desirable: you can have a car with no resale-value if you order it in colors or options nobody else would ever order it. There are plenty or McLarens and Porsches out there waiting for a buyer with leather interior colors choosen by people with a 'strange' taste. :) A standard option (a boring black) simplifies things much more. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Maybe so, but remember the GTR is essentially as fast as a million dollar Veyron and people cannot get over its ungainly appearance.

The GTR is NOT essentially as fast as the million dollar Bugatti Veyron.

Back