• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How about some new NSX info as of 3/16/14?

And what would you do with that power? I have tracked my NSX for 15 year, 111 track days, over 11,000 miles. There are probably only a couple of dozen of us who track their nsxs "regularly". As for the rest, what does 500+ hp do for you on the street? Sure it's nice to have but considering how many are garage queens, the search for a high hp benchmark is more about bragging rights rather than driving enjoyment. My NSX has 155,000+ miles. I have an AMG Mercedes that I have put more than 232k miles. Much more power - but I would rather be driving my underpowered Honda....

P.s. the new NSX is coming - ask me how I know.... (But I won't tell you)

Oh come on, you sound like a Miata owner. The argument you make is moot, what would I do with that power? I dunno, have fun with it? Use it? If you think 500hp is unusable on the street, you need to spend, tops, 1 maybe 2 hrs on a TTG or GT-R forum. Low power is not a prerequisite for having fun on a track, rather the argument should be: power does not guarantee a fast or fun car on a track. In which case I would agree, but all other variables equal, I would rather spend time in a car with 600hp than one with 200hp. The cars I listed have been proven to be able to put the power down and do not compromise handling ability, in stock and modified form.

Last edited:
Oh come on, you sound like a Miata owner. The argument you make is moot, what would I do with that power? I dunno, have fun with it? Use it? If you think 500hp is unusable on the street, you need to spend, tops, 1 maybe 2 hrs on a TTG or GT-R forum. Low power is not a prerequisite for having fun on a track, rather the argument should be: power does not guarantee a fast or fun car on a track. In which case I would agree, but all other variables equal, I would rather spend time in a car with 600hp than one with 200hp. The cars I listed have been proven to be able to put the power down and do not compromise handling ability, in stock and modified form.

My mistake. Just realized you are a GTR owner and not an NSX owner. Enjoying racing your buddies to the next red light.:wink:

My mistake. Just realized you are a GTR owner and not an NSX owner. Enjoying racing your buddies to the next red light.:wink:

lol oh don't take it personally, its Monday and I'm bored. You know full-well the GT-R is capable of more than that. Although, I ended up selling the car last year so I'm looking at buying a new car here in the near future... Which is why I'm so frustrated when I realize I have to wait atleast a full year till these are finally on the roads.

Yes, GTR is capable of a lot of things, the car drives you, date your girlfriend for you, cook you dinner, count sheep for you when you hit the sack, etc. Great car!!!

But I'll keep my 2003 NSX. lol

LOL then I never should have sold it, damn it.

Last edited:
The question is how does that price range and performance level not interfere with the NSX sales if Honda is actually going to have a hand in this project? Of course, this could be a similar Dodge Stealth/3000GT venture, but at a much higher cost level and refinement.

Confirmed $160K McLaren P13 911 fighter....I remember the 2005 NSX was $89,765 (+TTL) - I thought that was crazy $. Now $150K cars are considered the norm
in performance sports cars. Sure you have 2005 dollars vs 2015 dollars, but my mind doesn't work that way sorry to say.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/25/mclaren-p13-multiple-bodystyles-160k-confirmed/

$160K for the P13McLaren is not a bad proposition considering the price for the 12C and the 650S.

Then again think about it, your 991 C2S with Aerokit and other options probably stickered close to $125K+, so another $35K is not that much more.

$160K for the P13McLaren is not a bad proposition considering the price for the 12C and the 650S.

Then again think about it, your 991 C2S with Aerokit and other options probably stickered close to $125K+, so another $35K is not that much more.
People should keep in mind, there are not very many dealerships at all. You could wind up 500 miles from your dealer; it might get annoying not having your car for week just to replace a small part, or tighten something. And, after warranty ends, that round trip flatbed voyage is expensive.
There are numerous Acura dealers in every direction that I drive. Big Plus !! :)

People should keep in mind, there are not very many dealerships at all. You could wind up 500 miles from your dealer; it might get annoying not having your car for week just to replace a small part, or tighten something. And, after warranty ends, that round trip flatbed voyage is expensive.
There are numerous Acura dealers in every direction that I drive. Big Plus !! :)

Very good point about the quantity of dealerships.

Sadly from past experience I can say that most tech's at the Acura dealerships are I'll equipped to handle a complex car like the NSX2.0.

They will just have a shop manual and do pretty much everything by the book, with very little real critical thinking skills as well as troubleshooting skills given the complex nature of the cars. They will be reading error codes from the modules and go from there.

So perhaps only 1 out of 4 Acura dealerships will have a NSX2.0 certified tech who will be actually versed in the complexities of the vehicle to be somewhat competent in servicing the vehicle.

I'm yet to run into village idiots at most of the Porsche dealership service deptartments, but have plenty of experience running into those at Honda/Acura, Toyota and Nissan dealerships.

Sadly sometimes quality is better than quantity...

Yes...just another $35K or a new Golf GTI + keep the 991 ha!

If you've owned a GT-R you'll be disappointed in an NSX. .
Two entirely different type of vehicles.
Better to buy another GT-R

I'm not so sure. You are assuming NSX2.0 will be the same type of vehicle as NSX1.0. While some of the core values still remain, I question how similar the two vehicles will be to drive. NSX2.0 could have a lot more in common with the GT-R than NSX1.0. Just my 2c.

Sadly from past experience I can say that most tech's at the Acura dealerships are I'll equipped to handle a complex car like the NSX2.0.
They will just have a shop manual and do pretty much everything by the book, with very little real critical thinking skills as well as troubleshooting skills given the complex nature of the cars. They will be reading error codes from the modules and go from there.
So perhaps only 1 out of 4 Acura dealerships will have a NSX2.0 certified tech who will be actually versed in the complexities of the vehicle to be somewhat competent in servicing the vehicle...

These sound like good reasons for you to sell your NSX (if you have one), buy a Porsche, and for sure don't buy an NSX 2.0 as it will be a total headache.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not so sure. You are assuming NSX2.0 will be the same type of vehicle as NSX1.0. While some of the core values still remain, I question how similar the two vehicles will be to drive. NSX2.0 could have a lot more in common with the GT-R than NSX1.0. Just my 2c.

The new GT-R will have more power, will spin it's tires more easily, will have a big wing, has a back seat for stuff, will be much heavier for better traction, and will have much better service staff than Acura (but not as good as Porsche) .The new NSX won't have any of those things.

Last edited:
These sound like good reasons for you to sell your NSX (if you have one), buy a Porsche, and for sure don't buy an NSX 2.0 as it will be a total headache.

No need to be so defensive, there are reasons why independent shops exist.

The times that I took my NSX to the dealer was while the manufacturer's warranty was still in effect and the car was mostly stock.

Afterwards I found a good reputable independent shop with a tech that was NSX certified (as well as having been the race mechanic for the shop owner's race team), the shop owner owning a NSX didn't hurt either.

Have been a Porsche owner for the last 10 years, so I have not had any major issues with the dealer tech's, they are knowledgeable. They cater to a different customer segment, so my comments are based on my own personal experiences.

Just like in any other profession there are different levels of competence.

No need to be so defensive, there are reasons why independent shops exist.

The times that I took my NSX to the dealer was while the manufacturer's warranty was still in effect and the car was mostly stock.

Afterwards I found a good reputable independent shop with a tech that was NSX certified (as well as having been the race mechanic for the shop owner's race team), the shop owner owning a NSX didn't hurt either.

Have been a Porsche owner for the last 10 years, so I have not had any major issues with the dealer tech's, they are knowledgeable. They cater to a different customer segment, so my comments are based on my own personal experiences.

Just like in any other profession there are different levels of competence.

I'm not defensive at all. You make a case for the low level of service at Acura dealers now and a strong prediction that the NSX 2.0 service will be no better. Village idiots I believe you called them. I presume these are all reasons why you no longer have an NSX, are now a Porsche owner, and think highly of Porsche service.

I'm not defensive at all. You make a case for the low level of service at Acura dealers now and a strong prediction that the NSX 2.0 service will be no better. Village idiots I believe you called them. I presume these are all reasons why you no longer have an NSX, are now a Porsche owner, and think highly of Porsche service.

It's not a matter of the low level of service, it's a matter of the level of knowledge.

Very few Acura dealerships in the US had any real support for those of us NSX owners who tracked our cars.

For example you could ask an Acura dealer what was the best alignment spec for the NSX for track use, they would just quote the factory recommended alignment specs, and that was about it.

There were some dealers in the US that actually supported NSX related track/autocross events (for example Niello Acura in Sacramento) and as such their staff was more likely to be knowledgeable about issues and concerns related to the NSX in a track environment.

Porsche tailors towards a different clientele in general, given the raw number of P-cars and the percentage of owners who track their cars. There are more Porsche dealers as well as independents who are able to support those of us who track our vehicles.

Issues that happen during track driving might not be present during street driving, I want a tech that understands and is able to diagnose and find solutions for those kind of issues.

Acura/Honda does have a racing program, but that program has very little to do with the street cars that we drive every day.

Porsche has the Porsche Driving School that uses stock cars like the ones that you are able to buy from the showroom floor. https://www.porschedriving.com/

I don't buy a car just to drive the car on the streets, I want to be able to drive them at the track in a safe and controlled environment.

Been that type of customer/owner I would like to have service and support from my dealership. As it currently stands that level of support does not exist at the Acura dealerships. Will that change with the NSX2.0?....

The new GT-R will have more power, will spin it's tires more easily, will have a big wing, has a back seat for stuff, will be much heavier for better traction, and will have much better service staff than Acura (but not as good as Porsche) .The new NSX won't have any of those things.

1. Nobody knows how much power the NSX will have.
2. ??? Who the hell cares which car 'spins its tires more easily'? How is that remotely relevant to anything?
3. Again, who cares?
4. Oh, you mean the 2 cubic foot enclosure enough to fit a grocery bag? Yeah, not a big deal.
5. "will be much heavier for better traction"... I will properly assume you know nothing about the relationship between vehicle mass, tire load and grip.
6. Wow you are really hitting all the points huh..

Bottom line, the new NSX will be a turbo V6 with AWD (sound familiar?). The fact that it is AWD ALONE speaks for how unfocused Acura is on recreating the original NSX but rather building a new competitive platform to compete with the likes of the GT-R, 911 Turbo and Audi R8. Like I said, NSX2.0, in practise, might be more similar to the GT-R than to NSX1.0.

Honda/McLaren Partnership

With the Mclaren partnership how does this translate to performance and quality for Honda and will we see any of the technology from the former in Honda/Acura products?

With the Mclaren partnership how does this translate to performance and quality for Honda and will we see any of the technology from the former in Honda/Acura products?
McLaren has lousy quality ..... They need Honda, more than Honda needs McLaren.:biggrin:

Bottom line, the new NSX will be a turbo V6 with AWD (sound familiar?). The fact that it is AWD ALONE speaks for how unfocused Acura is on recreating the original NSX but rather building a new competitive platform to compete with the likes of the GT-R, 911 Turbo and Audi R8. Like I said, NSX2.0, in practise, might be more similar to the GT-R than to NSX1.0.

Don't be so certain of that. Ted Klaus has a 1999 Zanardi/Type-S at the development center for direct comparison to the new car. They are trying to make the new NSX feel just like that Zanardi in terms of driving feel/balance. If you have driven a Zanardi or NA2 coupe, you will know what I mean. Like some of the folks on this thread, I am one of the few NSX owners in a financial position to afford the new one, regardless of the final price. My hangup is the flappy paddles. Maybe I'm getting old, but I think a proper sports car should be a manual trans. I am holding out until I can actually drive the new car and decide if i can get over it. If I don't like it, I'm taking my 91 Berlina to an auto trimmer and having them re-do the entire interior to make it feel like a 2015 Acura. :D

And what would you do with that power? I have tracked my NSX for 15 year, 111 track days, over 11,000 miles. There are probably only a couple of dozen of us who track their nsxs "regularly". As for the rest, what does 500+ hp do for you on the street? Sure it's nice to have but considering how many are garage queens, the search for a high hp benchmark is more about bragging rights rather than driving enjoyment. My NSX has 155,000+ miles. I have an AMG Mercedes that I have put more than 232k miles. Much more power - but I would rather be driving my underpowered Honda....

P.s. the new NSX is coming - ask me how I know.... (But I won't tell you)

:rolleyes:

Oh boy, if you're that afraid of the man giving you a ticket perhaps you should get out of the sportscar hobby.

Craigy most people tgat buy sports cars don't constantly drive over 100 on the streets. I am afraid of a ticket, but that means I will go to a track to push the car as hard as I want.

Back