• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you sell an NSX...

Congrats !

Find a matching NSX so each twin has a collector's car. Logical right?

Then in about 16 years we can compliment their awesome father's wisdom when they post questions here on Prime about their very nice "first" cars.

Of course, we'll just link-back to this thread :biggrin:

Rob congrats that's wonderful. Twins! :) You are important in my NSX family, because your NSX was the first one I ever actually drove and your generosity in helping me with my search, and candid advice to steer clear from that dog of a car we looked at landed me with my beloved Berlina Black 91.

If you're not driving the car and you think the money would help your twins, then yeah you should sell it. I was thinking about selling my 91 to do the same thing for my little girl (due in Nov), but my wife actually convinced me to keep it. She reasoned that the NSX was my passion and hobby and while our new little one would take up a lot of room in our lives, that doesn't mean I have to give up my hobbies for good. Will the car sit in the garage more often than it does now? Yeah. Will I do fewer track days? Yeah. Will I not be able to spend time and money tinkering on it like I have the last few years? Yeah. But, when I do get a free moment- it will be there waiting for me. She makes a good point. :) Since my refresh, I daily drive my NSX now, so I get to enjoy it every day. You live in Florida, so you could just make it your daily car and keep the SUV for the kids. That's what we did.

Anyway, if you sell it, I am willing to bet dinner you end up with another one. And, if you do, you must post your penance on the "they always come back" thread. Good luck and congrats again.

I guess in two weeks I'll make my decision. :wink::wink:

May I ask why you are wanting to sell? I don't think it's monetary so does your friend want his garage space back perhaps?

We all have certain reasons we do things. Not driving the car is a good one but not enough for me. I put 2500 miles on mine the past 3 years so I am in a similar situation.

What I did was turn it into nice eye candy in my shop so I can see it anytime but no one gets close to it.

Ultimately it's up to you so good luck in your decision!

regards

First, congrats on the twins ~ been trying to get triplets but so far no success, I'm only good at one at a time! haha

2nd - dunno if you have kids right now but ANY kid will will change your life forever, so having twins I'm sure will be twice as busy. We have our parents helping out so we are very lucky but if you have no help, you're going to be in trouble!

Kids is certainly not a reason to sell the NSX by itself if you have the space to store the cars :)

We just had our baby boy 8/1/12 and our kids are roughly 15 months apart. Having young kids will prevent you from driving any 2-door sports car for a while but I still have two of them, certainly no reason to sell them.

But now I seriously appreciate the 2+2's! Ironically before I had kids, I had plenty of coupes with back seats (m3, IS-F, etc) but right now I'm debating a high performance sport SUV so I can enjoy with the kids.

So the consensus seems to be not to the sell the car, and I can appreciate how you all feel. I know I'll regret selling the car, however I can always buy another car in the future. I'll probably take it out this weekend and see if I really enjoy it like I used too. It may be just time for me to move on and come back to the car scene in a few years. As I mentioned before, my wife is against me selling the car and she doesn't even like to go in it. For me to just hold on to it for the sake of having it just doesn't seem logical anymore. There are a few things I'd like to do with the extra cash, but right now having the $$ in the bank account feels better to me. It also helps that I have a buyer lined up when I decide to let the car go. No dealing with tire kickers or people trying to lowball me.

Congrats on the new baby's, my son is 2.5 months Oldvand its definitely affecting my summer season but I would prefer it to sit in the garage until he leaves for college before I sell it. I truly love the NSX and as long as I'm healthy would probably never part with it.

Back