• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How hard do you drive your NSX?

I was just wondering how hard people drive their cars. I have a Type R and drive it fairly agressive and have no problems with it. I just got my NSX and was wondering if you can drive it the same way or do I have to baby it around most of the time. It sure is fun to drive it hard.
-Jeremy

Jeremy,

A better subject for me would be "How easy do you drive your car?" I probably baby mine more than anyone. BUT, if I had an inkling to drive it hard I would have full confidence that the NSX could handle it well. I have never owned a car that is more like a fine swiss watch than this one.

I'm sure you will get lots of posts about redlining every gear, so listen to those guys, they know far more than I.

------------------

Sometimes I drive it hard. Othertimes not. If I'm engaging in some spirited back-route driving, I'll redline it with some frequency. If I'm just commuting to work, I'm way more mellow. But sometimes I just want to hear the roar of the engine, and redline it anyway.

-Bob ('94 #496)

I ride it very hard, but never put it away wet.
wink.gif

hard enough to get a woody...

actually, hard enough on the street to get flames to pop out the tailpipes. :)

-andie

I do just what I shouldn't, jack rabbit starts, redline in first, and then 2nd to whatever the speed limit is.

Then an anti-climactic 3rd, 4th, 5th.
biggrin.gif

My car has held up for months (years?) of this, just since I bought it in 99.

Originally posted by Turbosho:
I was just wondering how hard people drive their cars. I have a Type R and drive it fairly agressive and have no problems with it. I just got my NSX and was wondering if you can drive it the same way or do I have to baby it around most of the time. It sure is fun to drive it hard. (From: Jacksonville, FL )
-Jeremy
Type R's are only available in Japan

I don't think I drive particularly hard, but.... I'm getting less than 5k miles out of my rear tires, and 7k out of the fronts. That's w/ NO burn-outs or track time
smile.gif
Heck I've never even turned off the TCS.

I live in central Ohio, where all the roads are straight, and I'm rarely on the freeway. How can I be driving hard?
smile.gif

I tend to follow the 7/10’ths rule just like I do on my bikes. I like a large margin of safety on the streets. I imagine I’d be driving much harder if I were 10-20 years younger
smile.gif

------------------
01' NSX-T Silverstone
02' Chevy Avalanche 1500
00' Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300
02' Honda VTX-1800
02' Aprilia Falco SL1000

I wake up the neighbors, scare small animals, and leave mysterious black marks all over the place. ;P

Don't worry, the NSX handles all the abuse... ahem... loving tenderness... brilliantly.

Depends on the mood I'm in most of the time.
Usually, I drive my NSX fairly easy because traffic is usually very busy, but I do like to take corners at some speed to feel the g-forces and I very much LOVE the sound of the engine at redline. There's not a day on the highway that I will not let the car hit 125mph at least once, even if it is just for a moment.
However, I really really want to keep the car in one piece so I also keep a large margin of safety. I always make sure I have braking-distance and/or space to get around some obstacles (cars).

I think I may have the easiest driven one around. I drive it like a normal car, keep up with traffic, but dont slow down for corners. In the 5 months I've owned it I have not had the traction controll off once, never heard the tires screetch, and never had it over 100 mph.

I go days without hitting VTEC. I didn't buy it to beat the piss out of, and I don't have to prove that its fast. I drive it for enjoyment.

Now, that doesn't mean that I dont' have my moments. If conditions are right i've been known to do some stupid stuff. But, I guess i'm getting older and the dangerous road play that once seemed exciting now just scares me when I think of the consequences of my actions.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

'91 NSX: 51,623 total miles including 8,415 actual track miles
'01 ITR: 12,393 total miles including 1,344 actual track miles

Do you consider that driving the car hard?

Have faith in your Honda!
Driving your car hard does not have to be bad on the car. There are always exceptions and driver to driver differences, but for the most part if you take care of your engine and maintain it in a A+ manner I think that Honda intended for these cars to be driven hard track or street....I also think NSXs that are not used as a daily driver might live a little easier lives too!!
Maybe I am just biased on that statement because I live in AZ....My car would have a fit if I took it out in the traffic in 100+ degrees!! I drive a POS 92 Nissan truck with good AC instead...

Happy Racing

------------------
www.xldm.com

Back