• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how hard to drive?

91-94's came without power steering as standard equipment in the manual transmission models. I didn't like the manual steering at first, but it grew on me after a couple of drives. Now I really love it; so much so that I find the power steering in my daily driver an annoyance sometimes.

If you ever drove a CRX, civic (or any rack-n-pinion car), the effort in steering is similar. Once I got my '92, my wife said that she used a lot more effort to steer than in her power steering assisted Accord.. But she wasn't complaining ;-D Granted she's been used to her 4 cyl (145+ hp) Accord. So this was a big difference in speed and handling. But she always stated that my old '89 CRX Si had similar driving characteristics to the NSX. (side note: I read in a post that someone saw a CRX with a "NSX DNA" plate ----very cute!)

Well the next question is why don't you just go out this weekend and test drive a 91-94 NSX 5spd and stop guessing. I'm sure someone on this forum will take you up on a test drive... just ask..... or find one for sale....
Have Fun Good luck in your hunt for your future NSX!

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

A couple of months ago, the powersteering belt on my truck broke, and at first I thought it was huge pain. But after a while, it kinda grew on me, and there was a much better road feel. It did get tiresome to park the car (although I got very good at doing it EXACTLY right the first time so as to avoid unnecessary struggle correcting parking mistakes).

Also, you can't take your foot off the brake when parking or leaving a parking space until you've got the wheel all the way to the correct position, because if the car starts rolling, you will not have enough time to finish turning the wheel before you either hit something, or wind up in the wrong place etc. But as soon as you press the accelerator, steering becomes much easier.

I've since had the powersteering fixed, but I don't feel as informed about the road conditions at speed.

Back