• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many of you guys keep your OEM parts?

How many of you guys keep your OEM parts?

• You never know when you might need them

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • I sell everything that is OEM taken off my car

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
I was just cleaning out my garage when I came across a box full of OEM parts for my X. Makes me wonder how many people keep there OEM parts that others will kill to have, but wont sell them for anything in the world.....

I keep everything....that way when I am switching parts I always have a replacement. For example....when I switched exhausts from OEM to Taitec I kept my OEM despite people saying, 'Sell it...get it out of here,' I kept it anyway. About a year later I was getting rid of my Taitec and was able to put my OEM back on the the meantime without any downtime....I had the last laugh there. ;)

When upgrading my stereo, I kept the stock stereo parts just in case. Heck, I still have the phone in the console, just in case it has value some day (like that's going to happen).

Recently replaced the master/slave cylinders with new OEM parts and threw the old ones away per a preventative maintenance procedure. (Hope that doesn't count.)

Sell it all..I'm not going back to stock and you cops ain't gonna take me alive:tongue:

It takes up too much space doing nothing..dead weight. Might as well get some money back.

Replacing broken parts is a different story that doesnt count....lol
for ie. I have two Climate control modules, radios, extra door handles, extra glove box when I decide to take out my DVD out which will prob never happen Just incase you never know.

I sell some things and keep others. Just depends on what part it is really.

I keep all OEM parts from the cars I have/had. I always include the OEM parts and give them to the new owner when I sell a car.

For example, I'm putting my 1998 Integra GS-R up for sale soon and I have every (well, except the original tires) OEM part I got with that car when I bought it new (I mean every piece of paper, exhaust, header, crappy OEM head unit and speakers, nut, bolt, body plug, etc). I'm sure the new owner will appreciate getting everything that came with the car when new.

Of course I don't plan to sell my NSX, but I'll keep the OEM parts anyway.

When I did up my S, I sold the OEM stuff as I replaced it. It was nice to have the cash to help finance more stuff. But when I got rid of the car it sucked to have to let the aftermarket goodies go when the factory stuff would've been just fine. I probably could've made more money at the end as well. If space and dough aren't an issue, I'd keep 'em. I plan on keeping the NSX stuff. Except for the old speaker grille cloth...I pitched that:biggrin: .

pelletz said:
I sell some things and keep others. Just depends on what part it is really.

Yeah, where's option #3?

Sold: Stock exhaust, stock radio, stock rims, stock speakers, shift knob, steering wheel
Kept: stock wing
Never tried selling: Stock shocks/springs, phone, spare tire, coolant tank, sway bar.

I would sell the shocks/springs if I thought someone might actually want 15 year old shocks...but due to the weight, I wouldn't want to ship them..so in the garage they'll sit...probably forever.

I try...

I have kept pretty much everything thus far, sans' OEM air-filter. My reasoning is in-case I acquire a different NSX in the future and sale my current, I can easily swap the aftermarket components that I wish to install on the recently purchased NSX (ie. my JGTC Parallel exhaust, NA C30a Mugen NSX-R ECU), Philips HID's, aux. input converter & mp3 device, powered-subwoofers, V1 hardwire/stealth install, CF shift-boot & titanium shift knob, and other minor components) . [reversible-mod's... not body-work, susp., etc.]

The NSX being a niche' market automobile as-is, marketing a 'clean' stock car would be more helpful towards a quick sale than a particular car that has been modified or personalized along a certain theme. Matching a NSX buyer w/ a buyer who wants mods' can be time-consuming.

Much to my wife's chagrin, I've kept all the OEM parts for the minimal changes I've made to date.

Back