• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many of you play a musical instrument here?

Just curious.. how many NSX owners here plays music instruments and like classical music..

I myself play Violin guitar and flute.. I'm a very classical person..

really... thats awesome.. I'm in Berklee doing Music and hopefulyl production or music bussiness

Eric5273 said:
I don't play, but I produce and I run a music publishing company. :D

Last edited:
I played the trumpet quite a bit when I was younger. I haven't played much lately, but I did buy a new Bach Strad last year for kicks.

here's my music history....

i play guitar and clarinet. i've written some music of my own and recorded a CD in the US and Taiwan.

i've also worked with a pop star in taiwan for my music production. (samuel tai)

i've also competed in a few karaoke competitions and brought home some trophies and awards

are you searching for a star? like fame?

:D

I have serveral friends who graduated in Film scoring and composition along with Guitar performance major. they are very good.. let me know if you need people.. thx

Eric5273 said:
TRF Music

We specialize in background music for film and television.

wow may I have a copy of the CD hehe..
am I searching for a star ? nope..
at first I'm curious in knowing how many people on prime plays a instrument, since most NSX owners seems to be bussiness man etc. later it became interesting because Eric with the Yellow NSX who posted up there seems to be in the field that I'm working to be....

Blue Knight said:
here's my music history....

i play guitar and clarinet. i've written some music of my own and recorded a CD in the US and Taiwan.

i've also worked with a pop star in taiwan for my music production. (samuel tai)

i've also competed in a few karaoke competitions and brought home some trophies and awards

are you searching for a star? like fame?

:D

I play guitar (mostly blues and jazz). Here are the 2 custom shop strats in my life :cool:
Aaron

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 299
BostonNSX said:
wow may I have a copy of the CD hehe..
am I searching for a star ? nope..
at first I'm curious in knowing how many people on prime plays a instrument, since most NSX owners seems to be bussiness man etc. later it became interesting because Eric with the Yellow NSX who posted up there seems to be in the field that I'm working to be....

there are lots of talented people here. i was very impressed with the knowledge and hobbies of many local nsxers in our club.

some of them even machine nsx parts and sell them.....

i play guitar. i was in the marching band and played trombone and french horn. haven't touch any of those for almost 5 years. i can pick up a lil keyboard and drums..

Can anyone guess why I like 80's music?

I'm mostly self-taught on keyboards (I took clarinet when I was in elementary school and hated it, so I'm not keen on taking lessons). I don't pretend to be a good keyboard player, but I do like to tinker (though recently to release stresss and nothing more). I actually have quite a bit of MIDI gear: two keyboards, two drum machines, three sound modules (one filled with sound expansion boards), one effects processor, a mixer, an 8 port MIDI interface, and a Pentium II computer dedicated for sequencing (I'm guessing that I have far more equipment than a typical a hobbyist). If I ever decide to make a serious career change, it will likely involve music...perhaps I'll try writing interactive scores for video games (I did write a tune and also did the artwork for the Sega product ART ALIVE!). :eek:

Though I studied film production, I composed a lot of original music when I was in college. I had planned to score many of my student films, but spent so much time struggling to shoot and edit them that I never had time to do so. I would love to revisit all of those earlier pieces with my current gear, but I simply have no time for music these days.

akiransx-trunk-jv90.jpg

A couple of years ago, I transported my 76 key Roland JV-90 to and from my office in my NSX. That was the last time I really got to play my keyboard on a regular basis...because my computers got so tied up processing my art (and I needed to babysit them to make sure they didn't crash) that I needed to do something to help me maintain my sanity.

I'm not hugely into classical music, but there are pieces I like. And I love listening to motion picture scores.

Last edited:
I used to play the guitar quite often... just dont seem to have the time anymore so now they sit quietly...:(

Cool, My girl friend is a pianist on classical music, does that count :)

I've been playing Guitar and Bass for about 7 years. I currently work at Top Ten Music near Philadelphia, PA. We specialize in used instruments, repairs, and studio recording. I work in the sales and repair departments. I recently just parted with a Parker Fly I purchased. I should of never sold it.

Attachments

• mike\'s guitar 6.jpg
    mike\'s guitar 6.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 220
Oh nice! is this a delux fly or super fly? I've tried a Parker.. the CF fingerboard action is fabulous.. super low action and the whole guitar is much better finnished than Fenders and Gibsons.

my baby
wine1.JPG

I used to not like Gibsons... back when I was in Taiwan.. later I learned the Gibsons which are selling in Asia are inferior to those sold in AMerica... so I tried this my favorite color LP.. and bought it right at the spot..

Mikey Rudamann said:
I've been playing Guitar and Bass for about 7 years. I currently work at Top Ten Music near Philadelphia, PA. We specialize in used instruments, repairs, and studio recording. I work in the sales and repair departments. I recently just parted with a Parker Fly I purchased. I should of never sold it.

I think it was a parker classic fly. It had a list price of a little over $2,000. The parker was SUPER light compared to a Gibson. I am also a big fan of Gibson, I just don't like the weight. The Parker was also Electric/Acoustic which sounded sweet. Talking about it just made me miss it even more.:(

I been playing guitar since I was 7 that's 28 years HOLY CRAP I'm old.LOL :)
MYNSX

Ive owned over 60 different guitars.
My favorite is my Paul Reed Smith
then my Ibanez Jem.

Classical
Jazz
Metal
you name it I love music ,especially 80's metal and Bach.
A few mentors
Steve Via
Joe Satriani
Al Pitrelli
Maulmstein

and so many more:D :D :D

I played the violin and cello for over 5 yrs. I took piano lessons for two, but became bored with it. I wish I stuck with the lessons, because I really would like to play again.
This was all done when I was in elementary and jr. high.

I've been playing drums for close to 30 years...damn, I'm OLD!! Been through the whole spectrum from symphonic (lots of timpani and xylophone) to jazz, top 40, hard rock and metal. I'm in a Jawiian band now (mix of Island and reggae) playing weddings and stuff like that.

Back