• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many time did you see an NSX stranded on the road.

NSX/MR2

Suspended
Today on my way to work, I ran into a black NSX being stranded on the road because he was out of gas. I thought it was simply astounding that I am in my NSX and see another one on the road, so I stopped the car, he was surprised, too by the way. We chatted, then go get some gas for his car, and we were on our way. Nice to meet you Andrea, hope to see you next week, and remember to put some gas in your vehicles, cause I won't be around all the time.

Never.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

2000nsxpo-alexf-tow_small.jpg

(Flat tire; not mine)

I have seen two stranded in my five years of ownership. One had a flat and I turned around on the freeway to help the driver (young kid with a poorlyu maintained car and no original tools).

The other stranded car was being hauled onto a flatbed in Zion Nat'l Park. When I asked if anyone needed any help the Police (I hadn't noticed them earlier, just the car) told me to just keep moving. I guess the cops were impounding someones toy!

Is it me or all the stranded, burned to the ground vehicles mostly located in California. Must be that California love (if I or my NSX die, it is going to be in California attitude, I guess.) Crazy man.

So what if an NSX is stranded on the road? It is no different that any other car, right? I mean, anything mechanical is likely to break, from a $1MM+ race car to an econobox. I have seen a 355 stranded, big deal. Just today I saw a Benz with a blown tire stranded, big deal. Oh yes, mine has been stranded on the road - twice, big deal.

No, Andy. This is not a question of mechanical. I just think that it is very interesting that, me being in an NSX and see another one being stranded on the road, giving the limited number of NSX running around out there. Hope that cleared up your opinion.

OK, that does clear it up. I thought your implication was "NSXs on the side of the road due to breakdown" vs a chance happening of one NSXer meeting another NSXer on the road (albeit one was out of gas).

Perhaps a little wordsmithing like "Has an NSXer ever met another NSXer while out driving around?" (Independent of the other NSXer being out of gas.) But I am feeling a little bloated....my bad.

I met an NSX on the road which is very rare here. Another day I was looking at his parked car and the "step away from the car" alarm went off. I could swear I never touched his car and he came out and we got into a fight. I met him a month later at the dealers. Nice guy.

i have a story that happened about two years ago...never thought to find out if it was someone on this board...but anyway here goes

I was coming from queens over the whitestone bridge and after the tolls i see this nsx up ahead. so i shooot past him and get off my exit...im waiting at the light and here he rolls up next to me asking directions because he is lost ...i give him directions real quick and were both on our way. By the way this happend about ten at nite and he was looking for the cross county parkway.

Talk about being stranded. My rear left tire blew out tonight during my trip to a bar in Del Mar (a piece of metal rippped right through it). Lucky for me, my buddy in the Mercedes and S2K showed up in time and give me the spare on his NSX. Thank you David for all the help, bro, I owe you one big time. Thank you Will for stop by and check on me, man, I really appreciate that, that's what friends is all about. You guys need anything, just ask.
De

Hey De,
When you told me on the phone you had a nail in your tire I didnt expect the tire to be separated from your wheel, it was like the Bridgestone/Firestone lawsuit. But good thing your NSX was ok

A lot of bystanders and cops were curious & nice enough to offer us help. Of course you dont really see NSXs stranded much.
biggrin.gif

David

2nd time in two day. It is a freaking miracle, how else am I gonna explain this. Guess no woman tonight for me, lol. Thanks again for all the help, guys

I have yet to see an NSX stranded on the side of the road...

The most intersting stranding incident Ive seen was a ferrari 348 stopped facing the wrong way in the middle of the carpool lane on the 134 in pasadena. You can imagine my surprise as I approached head-on into ferrari in my lane =) The hood was up and the guy was frantically trying to fix something as traffic was trying to go around this strange sight.

Hey, I was a stranded NSXer about 2 weeks ago! Happened to be driving my NSX to work, stopped by AutoLogic to say whats up to some of the Houston NSXer's! After leaving there, Got a flat a few miles away!! BTW, a fellow NSXer came to the rescue, but I had to call him!!
Regards
Z
PS - Thanks again Bruce(from AutoLogic) and thanks again Paul!!!

Back