• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much -- 1995, blk, 14Kmi, 1owner

Finally, I am ready to buy a dream car from my boyhood ~~

I found this one in a local Honda dealership. Black inside out. Only one previous owner.

Everything is stock. The dealership had it for a few years on the show floor so apparently everything is in excellent condition.

How much would such a car be valued at?

How about you give us an idea of what they are asking and we can tell you if that's a good deal or not?

post a link? or the vin number so we can give you our opinion?

did you find it on craigslist, ebay, autotrader what city.

" I found a car is it worth it? " a little more info than and we would be mnore than willing to help you out.

+1 what e.pie said.

35-40 is a great price for those miles.

inless you have cash, no bank will finance you even with perfect credit score.

car is to old.

car is to old.

wrong. not everybody pays cash for a car and I know plenty of people who have financed cars like this. I even financed my 93 a few years ago :rolleyes: If you talk to the right people nobody cares how old something is as long as it is worth they money you are asking them to loan out...

Last edited:
Looks very nice but it's still a 16 year old car. You need to know if it's had all it maintenance up to date. If not you could add an extra 4-5K onto the price just to make sure you don't blow a timing belt or a radiator hose. Even with the miles I would say in the 35K range (maybe a bit more if it's all up to date but not much).

The miles are so low that if you drive it you'll loose any kind of collector aspect of the car and then it will really go down if value. Keep looking. They are out there (especially now-a-days). Good luck.

For 48 grand you can find a nice 02+ with low miles.

This seems like one of those cars that a dealer buys and asks a crazy high price just hoping that the right chump trips over it... With no record of maintenance listed you have to assume that is because there is not one...

If you wanted something to sit in the garage and polish all day, it might be a good deal 10k lower... If you want something to drive, do like the others have said and find a more seasoned model with a more reasonable price.

Thanks guys for the great feedback.

I can't find any good deals locally. I am actually looking to spend for about $30k.

I found some on ebay like this one: 1991 28kmi, buy-it-now = 33k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...3097078?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d2e8f3a76

But how would you go about buying a 20 year old car without sitting in it once? I could order a PPI but will that really work?

(if this won't work out I will just dump my money on a CPO Cayman S, but everyone and his dog has a Porsche around here so I wanted something different ...)

if you really want a car that stands out from the rest of the background noise get the NSX.

If you want a car to keep for many years that you don't want to be a project car then there's no substitute for actually going and seeing the car. The year and mileage alone won't tell the whole tale. I spent a lot of frequent flyer miles looking at several cars before I found a really good one. I paid a premium for a well documented, well maintained car and I've never regretted it.

Without exception I found these cars run strong whether its got 20K or 80K miles. The biggest difference was with interiors, body, paint condition, general wear and tear, and maintenance history (or lack thereof). Find a car from a individual owner who you can meet and who loved and cared for the car, that is your best bet.

For 48 grand you can find a nice 02+ with low miles.

48k is high for this car, but i completely disagree with this. I heard the exact same story when I was buying again, and none existed. I also noticed that no one claiming these kinds of things is actually selling one.

Every 02+ I looked at that was below 55 or so had a story. People swore up and down these cars were perfect, then when you saw them they'd have *clear* stories. On the flip side, any car 02+ and $55k+ was pretty much a solid car. There are *not* a lot of 02+

I would say that upper end around $40k is good for this car. If maintenance has been kept up to date, then higher (meaning if they have TB/WP done, all records, etc)

All of this assumes the car *really* has no stories. Some people honestly dont care if entire fenders have been repainted, etc, and wouldnt assign value to that. As a result, they blend every for sale listing together and say "nah, $48k is high... here is a PERFECT 95 thats the same for $30k" and meanwhile that other 95 is 25k miles with extensive paintwork. If its the case that to you, both of those cars really would be equals, then you can definitely find a bargain.

An *honest* one owner, *maintained*, no stories low mileage, stock 95 is a rare thing, IMO. If this car really IS that, its worth more, IMO.

Last edited:
+1 what e.pie said.

car is to old.

I financed my 94 back in 08 with my credit union, their still ways to finance our classics. Good luck and get that cayman porshe out your head

I forgot to ask this ....

I am not a very good manual driver. Last year, I bought a 98 civic to learn the stick -- the throttle was worn out and it was hard to control, so launching the car was generally a frightening experience for me.

After that, I bought a new 2010 stick VW GTI and found that very easy to drive. The electronic throttle gave me no problem.

Now, with a 95 NSX, would it have an electronic throttle? If not, what should I expect from the throttle and clutch operations, assuming that the car is truely low miles and well maintained.

Your budgets at 30 grand. Your right in the middle of the na1 and the na2, 5+grand more you can have a na2. You can buy an na1 for let's say 33 grand, and then a week later you'll see a Na2 for a couple more thousand, Hey you might get a supercharger already installed for that price. It basically comes down to what you want.

Try Pentagon Federal Credit union. If you have a decent credit score, just join for $25 and you can get a used car rate around 5 percent or less. Good luck. They don't care how old the car is.

Actually, I just checked and they have used car rates as low as 2.49 percent. I paid around 5 percent 3 years ago. Good luck!

I could maybe see it go for 40. Whats kind of scary its been sitting around for years. There could be some problems down the road. If you could get it for 37 36 and refresh the engine it could be worth it. Thats what I did but had double the miles and mine was a 96. I wish the best of luck. It looks like a really nice clean car thats for sure.

+1 what e.pie said.

car is to old.

wrong. not everybody pays cash for a car and I know plenty of people who have financed cars like this. I even financed my 93 a few years ago :rolleyes: If you talk to the right people nobody cares how old something is as long as it is worth they money you are asking them to loan out...

+1. . .wrong.
I financed my 1995 NSX through Western Federal Credit Union here in CA this way. They had no limits on the cars age, however they would only finance up to the quoted Kelly Blue Book value at the time of sale. :rolleyes:

Every bank and credit union has different policies.

For the OP, as a reference: I purchased my 1995 NSX-T 5spd with 21,500 miles for $39.5k in late 2006. I purchased this car from the 2nd owner.

I'd say 48 is way too high like the others.

They are out there, do you want red? or some other color, Targa or coupe, 3.0 liter or 3.2 liter.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142433

Your stick issues should pass with time.

Lots of good information here. I agree with Mlambert - a 95 with no accident history and 14k miles is a rare bird indeed. MLambert also mentions that 48k might not be a bad deal if all the maintenance is up to date. That's a big qualifyer. You have to make sure that the maintenance is up to date at that price.

Also the red 1991 is also a fair deal at that price assuming of course the same thing - maintenance records.

This black one is a good deal here with 55k miles and lots of work done - but there may be issues there as well as in the time that has gone by with the TB/WP.

48k for a 95 without good maintenance records is NOT a good deal. 33,800 is not a good deal for a 91 without good records even though the mileage is low. If you buy a low mileage car - and believe me I had this issue in front of me when I was looking but the salesman thought he had a "one in a million" and worth all kinds of bucks and it had no maintenance history cause it had never had any maintenance cause the previous owner thoght that the mileage was so low that "why would it need anything" - Obviously not an NSX officianado - right. A looker not a driver or a serious car owner- but really who would spend a lot of money on a car that never got driven - except to maybe change the oil or something - answer - no one would. Unless a person drives his car the liklihood that person will do all that expensive maintenance is very very slim.

So what do you do - you asked if a PPI is as good as being there - if you have confidence in the owner after talking with him and you have a good PPI done by a really qualified mechanic then yes that will do. I sold my 993 to a guy in California that way. So yes is the answer to that but you have to have a lot of confidence in the person you are dealing with and now I hear from the guy that bought my 993 yearly. We still talk and that's been 4 years now. You can develop a considerate friendship with a person by phone and email. I do it all the time. I have a lot of friends on Prime that I trust and that I consider to be good buddies - that's the way I am. It's never let me down and I'm 61 and have bought many a car and sold many a car.

So the two nice low miile models you show are most likely the kind that the salesman is hoping to find the guy that is just crazy over the car and just has to have it at any expense. He's hoping to find someone that will listen to his sales jargon and not know anything about timing belts, water pumps, hoses and time and intervals recommended in the service manual.

Chances are with only 8000 of these cars sold you may not and probably won't find one owned by an owner that is close by. You might but it's not too likely and not one with low miles and great maintenance history.

You say you'd like to spend 30k - so why in the heck are you looking at cars for 48k? That's way out of your comfort and price range - don't look at that car anymore. Look at cars that are close enough to your budget that you could actually afford to buy it. Even the red 1991 - has no service history so you'd immediately have to spend about 4k on the car to get things up to date. TB/WP/Hoses/all fluids changed/plugs - just a thorough going over. Maybe 3k to 3.5k on maintenance - and even at that a super low mile 91 that is pristine is most likely worth 35k+. Yep it most likely is. Is that a good way to spend your money - well I think it is but you have to take that car to someone that you trust to do the job and you gotta do it when you buy it. I'd offer the guy maybe 31.5k and you'd get a good car. Now is that as good a deal as buying one that has had everything already done to it that has say 50k miles for say 33? Well you be the judge cause that's what a nicely maintained 91 with 50k miles and all maintenance done is worth - about 33k. Maybe you coud see you way to paying an additional 4k for super low miles -but remember it's not just the tb/wp/hoses that might get you - how does that AC work after all this time and no use???? That could cost you big. So these low milers are not without their pit falls.

But there is no substitute in a lot of ways for super low miles cause you can never turn the odo back - well not legally. If you know what I mean.

Good luck,

I've seen this car on sale for a while now on S.F. Craigslist. What I find interesting is that the price has actually gone UP. I'd say a month ago it listed for $45k.

Back