• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much time did you spend searching for your NSX before buying?

Started dreaming in 1989 when the rumors surfaced in the mainstream automotive press, at age 13.

Watched prices come down for 13 years.

Started looking seriously in August of 02. Bought the NSX in May of 03, after having seen it come up on Prime and highly recommended.

I spent all of 2 weeks. I was planning on 6 months because I wasn't in any big hurry, but I found the perfect one on the NSX For Sale forum from a guy in Florida. Two weeks later, I was driving my new NSX back home to Baltimore. I definitely got lucky.

When I dumped my 00 Vette for the 98 NSX, that took about 3 months of considering.

When I dumped my 98 for the 03, that took 1 day. There are definite advantages to buying a new car! ;)

I had been looking seriously for only a few months when a guy emailed me that was only about 3 hours away and asked me if I wanted his. The car was in great shape and I bought it.

There are a pretty good number of cars in dallas for sale also.

NetViper said:
There are a pretty good number of cars in dallas for sale also.

There are? I have been tracking used NSX's for a little while (I'm not quite ready to buy yet, got 2 months left on my wife's car payments), and I've only seen a handful in the Dallas area.

Is there somewhere else I need to look, apart from cars.com and Autotrader?

George

Heard, read and drooling when it first came out and some dude driving screaming pass me and my buddy when I was back in Hong Kong. Basically Forgot about the car since it's being way too expensive. Fast forward to 4 years ago, friend of mine got one and kind of restoreit ... I test-drove it, never bring it up to 6500 rpm because of the traffic.. drew a conclusion that the 5 speed car maybe just not that big of a deal.

A year and half ago, came to Prime by accident, and instantly, "I want a NSX" being my only goal for my life... last year, passed a screaming deal because I can't afford the insurance... Then started searching it for the last 13 months...

Chris @ SOS selling his, and all jumped started me to get one, I lost his deal, and finally give up looking for the White color nsx, found a red one locally and even though it's got more mileage than ideal, it's in a good condition. Didn't think twice to get the car..

I'm being happy ever since... :D

Thanks guys, if I never get to here, I'll probably never buy a nsx...
I would probably have bought an Evo8, S2000 or even an AE86...

OH, my cousin is going to get his too, I can write for him :D

... knew about the car my whole life, it's a world class sport cars, and I know it's capable. But I drive a 2001 S4, I don't think my cousin (nsxdreamer2) should buy a 12 yrs old car, he must be asking for trouble...

... my cousin got it, I drove it and realized it's a good car, it felt like much faster than my Audi despite my mod... oh well, I know I had unfair advantage on the wet though.. Seattle rains all the time anyway.

... *@$@ this is the second day after he got his nsx, I was fooling around with him in the weekends, on my way home, some punk dropped his mountain bike on interstate highway, I had no choice and hit it straight on, the bike draggin underneth my car and poke thru the gas tank, i managed to pull it to the shoulder and watching it burnt to the ground.

... My cousin told me it's a sign, and I should go get a nsx too. He let me drive his car again, and before I know it, I start looking for it...

I found the car I wanted in 3 weeks, it should be a good one, good thing that this one is White color/ blk roof and BBS wheels; My cousins must be very pissed right now, cuz this is exactly the car he wanted...

... *@$@ this is the second day after he got his nsx, I was fooling around with him in the weekends, on my way home, some punk dropped his mountain bike on interstate highway, I had no choice and hit it straight on, the bike draggin underneth my car and poke thru the gas tank, i managed to pull it to the shoulder and watching it burnt to the ground.
[/B]

you can read the full story here!http://forums.audiworld.com/pacificnw/msgs/5334.phtml

I wanted an NSX for a long time, but the last year I got serious. I spent 9 months hanging around here and other web sites learing all I could. I decided to go for a 97' or newer, then spent the next 3 months on AutoTrader, Yahoo, E-bay, and just about everything cataloging all cars in my range. I then narrowed it down to 6 prime choices and made offers. A couple met my offer price and I finally made my choice. I think I did very well. Found a flawless 2000 with 2800 miles. Take your time...do the research.

One Saturday night I was casually browsing eBay for parts for my Cuda. A little bored, I decided to check prices on my favorite modern sportscar, the NSX.

Well, by the next Saturday, I had an awesome NSX in my garage! So I went from nothing to owner within a week....

No buyer's remorse at any time afterward.

i've been searching for about 3 months and counting...everytime i go on this board or look at pics of nsx's or even see one, i get chills inside. I get fustrated sometimes..thats how bad i want one!

Researched for 6 months.

Learned about the recent lease deal on this website. Printed out all the Acura dealers in the country, and called them up A-Z. Found the black/red I wanted and flew out the next day to Kansas City to pick it up.

About 3 hours of phone calls and it was mine!

Lusted after the concept of a Honda supercar since reading about it in USAToday in 1990. They said George Lucas had a deposit on not one, but two NSX's.

Envied George Lucas for about 12 years while ranting about the NSX.

Found Prime soon after it was set up while searching for articles and pics of the NSX.

Rode in my first NSX in March 2000 and that did it. It was a nice high-speed run to an NSX event at Homestead raceway (Miami). What a first ride.

Obsessed over the NSX and stepped up my research for 3 years.

In the market seriously for about 2 months before taking the plunge!

Back