• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How would you respond to this comment on the NSX?

The only color I see when I look at another member of Prime is what color his/her car is :)

GALLERY.jpg

Much love for everyone. :)

My reference to 'playing nice' was to everyone, in general. Does that make it more interesting? And to clarify my stance, and I apologize if I wasn't clear; we all have been on the wrong side of predjudice, in one form or another. When I said 'overly victimized', I was infering that not everyone views it as victimization. More along the lines of ignorance. For example, if both you and I are cut off by the same driver, it's likely because he/she is a tool, and not operating from a racist agenda, whether the tool is a bigot or not. But if he's displaying a confederate bumper sticker, one of us may be inclined to believe the action had malice afore-thought, and was hate-related. When in fact, it's because the other driver didn't see you, so can't possibly know your ethnicity. He is simply a tool. If this helps: 'Shame on you, Brickbbs...' There. Now can we (that's all of us, everyone, and my dog, too!) play nice and get on with luvin' our wheels? You know what's gonna kill this board? If we all come here looking for arguments of a non-auto related subject. I too have gotten into these rebuttal rebuke actions (and seem to have stumbled into another...I must like this kinda thing...I need help...) and it can sour you on wanting to come here and post. Half the time someone is telling you to use the search because 4 years ago the topic was discussed back then, or a subject you're interested in goes way off topic, and feelings get hurt. Blades, I seen many of your posts and find them to be informative, thoughtful, and worth reading. The same is true for Brickbbs. Most of mine are silly, but once in a while they can be serious. If you, or anyone else thinks I'm a tool, that's ok. I won't harbour that sentiment within me, and feel that I am a victim of wise-guy humour predjudice. I'll tell my jokes elsewhere. I was not trying to paint you as the 'angry black man' as you put it. Rather, I was attempting to point out what I saw from what I read. I'm reminded of what some famous dude said once..."If one goes looking for ghosts, then surely you will find them" or something. Or maybe it was an after-school special...arrghhh, so many voices in my head.....errr....where was I??? Oh yeah,...ahem...If you look for racism around every corner, it's a sure bet you'll find it. I can find it by going to Chinatown. Not everyone in Chinatown is racist...far from it, but I don't think it would be too hard to attract it, considering the cultural differences, which I believe are at the heart of almost all racial predjudice. I can't prove it, but human nature fears what it doesn't know or understand. The guy who started this thread found it in a unique way. Is he a victim? To any extent? If you answer yes, then it supports the view that we're all victims, which kinda pulls the teeth from the 'victim' moniker. If you say no, then it sounds as if the only predjudice that's allowed is that which is directed towards you, and your ethnic deliniation. I know you don't hold with that stance, from reading your posts. And though Brickbbs is not overly sensitive, I too get weary of hearing "I'm a victim! I'm a victim!". It sounds kinda wimpy. I got jumped-badly-when I was 20. There were no grey areas here: I was a VICTIM of violence. But I didn't feel like a victim. I felt like I had the sh!t kicked outta me, but there was no addendum attached with a racially motivated tag on my thoughts. And guess what? The 2 assailants were...black. Did I condemn the black people en masse for this? No. Did I think my skin colour had anything to do with it? No. Still don't. If that was the case, I put it down to the INDIVIDUALS' up-bringing, not all black people's up-bringing. This has proven to be true, as I have since made many friends, some of who are black, and none of them has ganged up on me. Good thing I didn't let myself feel 'victimized' as I might have missed out on meeting some great folks. And if I had gone the hater route, I would only be perpetuating the misconceptions I've refered to above. Holy hecuba, this is going on long...if only I could say this with afew words, my fingers wouldn't hurt right now. owww owww hehe...and the big scar above my right eye serves to remind only that when you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, run, Lola, run!!! Not that one colour of asshole is any better or worse than another. I think Blades, you too made solid points, I guess I just wish the anger wasn't there. You may not see it in your words, but even the thinly veiled indicment at the end of your last post, alluding to the 'very interesting' development where you obviously feel my leaning to Brick's POV might just be a unity thing...nothing could be farther from the truth.He and I went hammer and tong through the PM over some issue. And further to the point, I havn't taken a side, just remarked that the victims are the poor, the dis-infrachised, who, because of their station in life, with the cycle of violence and poverty really robbing them of any chance to get out, these are the folks who have the right to cry 'foul!' Maybe you voluteer your spare time to helping them, I don't know, but most people see them as almost sub-human, even when they're giving them a dollar. Yet they're real people, just like you and me. Just as money doesn't care whose pocket it's in, neither does poverty make class or race distinctions. I know you know this, as you're a cop. You see that a ton more than almost anyone here. Maybe your experiences have shaped your view. But please don't think I'm trying to vilify you or your point of view. The proof of equality for all is not in agreeing with or being forced to adopt another's world-view, it's in embracing the differences, the challenges to understanding, the obstacles we overcome as we grow. As individuals, as a community, a country. A species. And since we're all one species, what negatively impacts the individual, impacts us all. So we're all victims, unless we see these incidents as oppotunities to educate, and evolve. Wow. Real new-age. A little self-deprication goes a long way....now, who wants to do the next Gumball Rally??? Anyone?

NoSeX4U,

Dude I hear you loud and clear or "I see the light". So, if you ever come down to My Jammy to warm up, lets split a bear (Vodka on ice for me).

Your a good guy dude. I bit silly but I like that. Much love, much respect, and hey dude...........nice car.

PHOEN$X said:
Hey BladesNSX, if you ever run across these clowns at a cop convention, bust their kneecaps will ya? ;)

LOL, oh yeah...We have those kinda cops for sure.

In fact, the chubby one reminds me of one of my Field Training Officers (FTO). He was a real old school, conservative, good 'ol boy. I was told by others that he was a racist but I didn't quite see it until one day he made a very hateful racist comment to a former black officer of ours. This particular FTO was suspended for 3 days w/out pay for his comment (something about how that black officer would be hanging from a tree, when the FTO saw a picture of that black officer hugging a famous white actress). Interestingly though, a black officer was suspended for 5 days for typing the word "redneck" in the laptop computer to describe some hardcore criminal white guys that flaunted "white power" ideals.

That same FTO was then suspended for 2 weeks for urinating in public, in broad daylight, in the middle of a very busy commercial district, near a dance school.

Finally, this same FTO was supposedly having sex in the police car on duty and was asked to resign (not terminated).:rolleyes:

I'm sorry to say that there are alot of cops like this out there (white AND black). I guess since I have such mixed races, I see both sides of the coin easily.

BTW, it didn't say so in the link page, are those two still employed?!

God I hope not.

Thanks, Blades...hope I didn't sound too preachy or anything. I'm coming down there (to Miami) for a Dolphins game in the up-coming season, and would be honoured to 'share a bear' with one of Miami's finest (and fellow enthusiast who has immpeccable taste in cars). I'll let ya know when I'm comin'. (...to Miamai, not...err...nevermind...). Meanwhile, try and make the football club find a decent quarterback! And enjoy the NSX weather you have year-round down there! See y'all!

Him

"Wow, there's something different, a white guy in a NSX. I never see that."

Me

"Wow, I usually don't see many a$$holes driving MB's either."

PHOEN$X

I have added that site as a favorite. Interesting site. Scarily sarcastic.

NoSeX4U

PM me when you get into the My hamma area (LOL). I am not too much into football anymore. I usually just like racing. Missed the Toyota race this past weekend
:(

Griffen. Love the Avatar; Yours? Or just a random pic?

Blades, how far is Miami from Sebring? I'm trying to talk a friend into the 12 hour race there and if I can swing it, maybe we all can meet up there!

I believe Sebring is in the Orlando area. That is about 3.5 hours from Miami I believe. I will ask a couple friends that make regular trips up there to race. That sounds like a great idea. I have been wanting to track my car with the Chin motorsports events; however, I want to start at Sebring. I heard its a better learner's track.

I am waiting for warmth in Indiana....it is not bad now, but when the 70's hit I will be dancing in the driveway!! :D

prescott said:
This morning I was just at the dry cleaners by work in Irvine and as I got out of my car a middle aged yuppie getting in to his wanna be Mercedes C Class Sport said to me, "Wow, there's something different, a white guy in a NSX. I never see that." I was completely taken off guard and did not know how to respond to him so I just smiled and went in to the cleaners. I was actually offended by his statement as I kinda suspected that he was implying that he sees a lot of Asian people driving NSXes. I thought that I had escaped the disparaging racial comments that are so commonplace down South when I moved to California. I had a Vietnamese girlfriend who I absolutely adored for 9 years when I lived in Louisiana and once in a while we would get some moron who would make stupid statements like this. It just irritated me , plain and simple.

"Wow, there's something different, a yuppie with a Mercedes basing on a real sports car. You just don't see that many mercedes around like you do NSXs :rolleyes:"

Sidenote: What part of La were you from? PM me back the details

NeoNSX said:
Now you know what "black guys" get all the time. :(

Since you were at the "cleaners" you should have called Mr.Wolf! :D He'd get an apology out of him! rofl

Damn!!!! All the time!!!!!! Neo, you just don't know:mad: But hey, it just shows some peoples ignorance and lack of culture.:( :mad:

Ko-nsx said:
Damn!!!! All the time!!!!!! Neo, you just don't know:mad: But hey, it just shows some peoples ignorance and lack of culture.:( :mad:

<B>Ko-nsx</B> : Have I said something wrong here, or are you in agreement? :confused: I can read your reply two ways.

Knowing KO, As I do.. He is agreeing with you Neo.
He is just imagining it happen as he is doing it.:mad: That is why
he is displaying the angry face...

I am sure it was nothing you said...

NoSeX4U said:
One thing we can all agree on: Batman is cool!

Damned straight....much cooler than super man. Though...not quite as cool as BLADE:D

Attachments

• blade mini.jpg
    blade mini.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 103
First of all, the guy has mental problems to even say that to another human being. Second, he's driving one of the smallest pieces of German crap on the market. When someone in a car like that insults an NSX owner, his jealousy preceeds his brain, which is about the size of a chihuahua, only a chihuahua is smarter.
He'll never own an SL 500 or an NSX, and he knows it. This is how he gets his attention. A C-class is about as eye-catching as a Chevy Cavalier.

hilarious once again how people respond with the same level of childish car criticisms of the mercedes c-class. If you're better than that, this stuff doesn't bother you. I'd just shrug and get on with my life.

Back