• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hows your V1 mounted

2-Saw said:
Im going for the whole new package. V1, remote,and the volume gig is more important than visual. Yes, I want to see as well, but my 1st response is to sound. I know dail has a bracket and box, but I want a black box with 2 red lens on front and back to look like the 3rd tail light. If I have to, I can hard wire a small light in the lens for the faux look. Not a real lens, because it would be distorted, some type of red plastic. Help me find, I know its out there. I will be in Fl. soon Eddie...aka Hugh.

I'll try to post some pics of my 3rd brake light cover. I've never posted pics on here, so I'll do my best. Also, my NSX is covered and in the corner of the garage right now. I'll have it out next weekend, and will try to post pics of cover in place and just the cover by itself with dimensions. It should be easy to fabricate. Mine follows angle of back glass nicely. It was an easy install and took me maybe an hour tops.

I have the V1 mounted above the rearview mirror, a little to the left.

v1_mount.jpg

This works well on its own - high enough that its hard to see from behind (unless the car behind you is REALLY low), but still able to get a good view of ahead and behind. On the official V1 website, Mike suggests mounting the V1 high (though a lower mounting location has advantages too).

I also have a V1VD - a test version of a USB interface for the V1 that allows me to hook it up to my carpc installed in the trunk. Using this interface, I have a pop-up V1 display on my NavPod, and the sounds (customizable) are played from the carPC into the main sound system.

V1VDCase1.JPG

v1_nav.jpg

When using the V1VD, the front of the V1 display is turned off, just like you were using the remote display. This setup lends itself well to using the 3rd brake light mounting.

Hooking up the V1 to a pc opens up a lot of possibilites. The software is relatively simple right now, but does at least support GPS logging of alerts. The idea is to eventually filter out known falses, or possibly even perform collusion between vehicles via wireless internet.

v1_navzoom.jpg

(the window on the right side is the config window for the V1VD software and isn't normally shown)

I think another batch is being put together, for more information check out: http://exitzer0.com/

-Josh

V1VD details...

Joshs said:

That's really cool, nice setup! :cool: Anyother insights you can offer about the V1VD, ie. platform_requirements/availability/remote-display needed?/'bugs'/etc'...

It looks like something I'd like to use w/ PDA that has some GPS-Sat/Nav, that I can integrate somewhere on my dash or center-console... :redface:

ref: http://www.exitzer0.com/

Re: V1VD details...

Osiris_x11 said:
That's really cool, nice setup! :cool: Anyother insights you can offer about the V1VD, ie. platform_requirements/availability/remote-display needed?/'bugs'/etc'...

It looks like something I'd like to use w/ PDA that has some GPS-Sat/Nav, that I can integrate somewhere on my dash or center-console... :redface:

ref: http://www.exitzer0.com/

Currently it's PC only, as the only software is written by the V1VD creator. Most carpc's tend to be PC's anyway. I use WinXP, and I'm not sure if it would work with Win2k. I haven't tested out the GPS logging, but otherwise the software works very well. The computer hibernates no problem, and the software has had no stability problems so far. I think it's unlikely that you'll get a driver for pocketPC anytime soon, unless you're willing to write it yourself. I'm sure the developer would help you out if you're interested in that .

So all you need is a Windows PC with USB, the V1VD, and the V1. The V1VD interfaces to the accessory port on the V1 powersupply, just like the remote display (which you don't need but could still use if you wanted to).

According to the note on the website, there are a few spaces left for the the next batch of units. Email the creator to snag one!

-Josh

^ that is a great looking option! I will have my pics up late next week, I attached the unit to my sunvisor on the pass side and am having it recoved with black leatherette with the remote mount area to be determined. I also had an Accord Home link garage door opener pit inside the drivers side sunvisor with a hard wire too.
MAtt

low tech...grimmy mirror adds nice touch

softwired too....:rolleyes:
dsc07141a1xd.jpg

stays put, & data visable. can be stashed ifneedbe.

Last edited:
Joshs said:
I have the V1 mounted above the rearview mirror, a little to the left.

v1_mount.jpg

This works well on its own - high enough that its hard to see from behind (unless the car behind you is REALLY low), but still able to get a good view of ahead and behind. On the official V1 website, Mike suggests mounting the V1 high (though a lower mounting location has advantages too).

I also have a V1VD - a test version of a USB interface for the V1 that allows me to hook it up to my carpc installed in the trunk. Using this interface, I have a pop-up V1 display on my NavPod, and the sounds (customizable) are played from the carPC into the main sound system.

V1VDCase1.JPG

v1_nav.jpg

When using the V1VD, the front of the V1 display is turned off, just like you were using the remote display. This setup lends itself well to using the 3rd brake light mounting.

Hooking up the V1 to a pc opens up a lot of possibilites. The software is relatively simple right now, but does at least support GPS logging of alerts. The idea is to eventually filter out known falses, or possibly even perform collusion between vehicles via wireless internet.

v1_navzoom.jpg

(the window on the right side is the config window for the V1VD software and isn't normally shown)

I think another batch is being put together, for more information check out: http://exitzer0.com/

-Josh

now that a must have. i have the invsi mirror but this is the bomb!!!!!

I mounted my V-1 above the rear view mirror in a custom box that I made from pexi glass. It replaces the center visor. I like it because it it is hidden from view and looks OEM. The only time anyone outside can see the V-1 is if they bend over lower than the height of the side window and the look P{U at the Mirror area. (Nobody ever does that.) If they do, it is painted grey to match the interior and I painted it with a mat clear coat to make it match the grey vinyl head liner.

I don't know how to post a photo. If someone can tell me how, I'd be happy to post photos.

stevenlee said:
I mounted my V-1 above the rear view mirror in a custom box that I made from pexi glass. It replaces the center visor. I like it because it it is hidden from view and looks OEM. The only time anyone outside can see the V-1 is if they bend over lower than the height of the side window and the look P{U at the Mirror area. (Nobody ever does that.) If they do, it is painted grey to match the interior and I painted it with a mat clear coat to make it match the grey vinyl head liner.

I don't know how to post a photo. If someone can tell me how, I'd be happy to post photos.

wetoddimage.wtdr

wetoddimage.wtdr

I've been through 2 shops, one did a crappy job on my custom visors, and the other said they could not do much better. I need to find a high quality custom interior shop, anyone know a good one in orange county?
MAtt

It's hard to find someone who will care about your car the way that you do. If you have the time to learn, projects like this can be very satisfying. It's a lot better than any shop would do if they were just charging for their time.

I made my custom holder for the V-1 using blocks and sheets of pexiglass glued together then filed and sanded to shape. It mounts with the same 2 clips that held the original center visor and a third clip that attatches near the dome light. Everything is hard wired to make a clean and permenant installation.

Pics steve, that sounds cool! I did form the unit along with the home link system, but my finishing skills are not all there :biggrin:
MAtt

stevenlee said:
It's hard to find someone who will care about your car the way that you do. If you have the time to learn, projects like this can be very satisfying. It's a lot better than any shop would do if they were just charging for their time.

I made my custom holder for the V-1 using blocks and sheets of pexiglass glued together then filed and sanded to shape. It mounts with the same 2 clips that held the original center visor and a third clip that attatches near the dome light. Everything is hard wired to make a clean and permenant installation.

Back