• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Huh! I'm back. The car finally assembled & tuned.

Subwoofer next to my head is the smallest alpine make. And does it disturb me at all. There is def no room else in the car, so it's pretty fine there.

Last edited:
Nice power and torque numbers.

I think you may be thinking our twin turbocharger system? Our maximum with the 2.1L intercooled supercharger is around 450 whp. Most ever with a custom made 2.6L unit was around 550 whp (again, remember we're comparing apples/oranges between two different dynos). .8 BAR = 11.8 PSI, which is about right for the 86mm pulley you are using. This is the peak efficiency of the 2.1L supercharger.

-- Chris

Thank you Chris for straightening this out. I thought that the Australian race car was using the 2.1L unit with the 3.5 engine, producing 550 whp (the original thread never mentions a special 2.6L unit was being used, just the SoS supercharger) What does it take to get the 2.6 L unit to run with your kit? Is it something you would consider offer as a product package instad of the 2.1L?

The 450 whp example is for an 3.2 aftercooled. Do you have any numbers for the 3.5? Are there any gains with using the 3.5 with the supercharger, considering top end power, or are the gains mostly concentrated in the low rpm range?

0,8 BAR = 11.8 PSI, which is about right for the 86mm pulley you are using. This is the peak efficiency of the 2.1L supercharger.-- Chris

Chris, faced that pressure on high rpm goes down and bounces, seems due to the belt slipping on the pulley. If I'm using loctite belt tension spray it became good but going off after couple of minutes. Any suggestions?

Nice power and torque numbers.

I think you may be thinking our twin turbocharger system? Our maximum with the 2.1L intercooled supercharger is around 450 whp. Most ever with a custom made 2.6L unit was around 550 whp (again, remember we're comparing apples/oranges between two different dynos). .8 BAR = 11.8 PSI, which is about right for the 86mm pulley you are using. This is the peak efficiency of the 2.1L supercharger.

-- Chris

That 450 whp example is BTW for 10 psi, not 11.8 psi. And I've found this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130837&highlight=Supercharger

in which you clearly state that the 2005 NSX with a 3.5L low compression 555 whp at 15.3 psi car built by Driving Ambition "...has our standard supercharger system, intercooled..."

You also demonstrate a 1991 with a built 3.2 engine producing 472 whp at 11.2 psi. I would like you to straighten things out a bit more, because I am very confused (again) and I think the OP, who went this route, also would like to know more. 410 whp for a 3.5 supercharged doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

Chris, guess it has to be replied...
We def need some instructions how to proceed with sleeping of the belt? I have sent you the logs. I will be in US in December, maybe will be flying close to Tampa, and will probably visit you.

When I say our maximum, I mean the maximum that we have produced on our specific dyno. Unfortunately, dyno numbers from machine to machine can not be compared (they are relative instruments for measuring before and after changes only).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I replied to your e-mail when it was sent. Did you not receive it? The photo you sent shows the belt torn. You will need to replace this as it is likely not maintaining belt tension or grip. A Goodyear dealer should have this in stock as it is a common size, otherwise, we can provide one (please send us an e-mail).

regards,
-- Chris

Chris, thanks.

I'll replace belt, but the problem was from the beginning. The belt was sleeping around the SC pulley. Maybe it was old and worn. Will see in beg of spring here. Now instead of NSX I have skiing, hunting and ice hockey. :)

Back